Gameday Tigers

When did you feel better, beating InbredGumps or winning the Natty?

houtiger

As the season went along, I had more trepidation going into the InbredGumps game than the natty, and when we won, I was happier to beat InbredGumps than Clemson.

I think the Natty is a more important win, and it puts something important on O's resume, something he can use for credibility on the recruiting trail.

But...., at that point in the season, a win over InbredGumps was less sure to me, than us beating Clemson.  Our team had not earned as much credibility by early Nov. than by the time we played the Natty.  We play InbredGumps every year, and we recruit the same kids.  It had been 8 years since we beat InbredGumps, and that bad taste from the 2012 natty game came back every time we lost to the gumps.  That was a HUGE monkey to get off our backs!  I think this season, 15-0, beating InbredGumps at their house, and winning the natty, I can now let Jan. 2012 go.  Whew!!!

How about you, which win was more satisfying, InbredGumps or Clemson?

• Like 2

Championship. easily. 

The Alabama game added more pressure to the season.  We knew going in to that game that this was looking special.  Then we won. Which was quite enjoyable. 

But then after that win, you looked at remaining schedule, and there was no excuses for losing anything prior to SEC CG. 

Then we kept winning. big. 
as those big wins mounted, so did the pressure to do this thing. 

Last night was the culmination of that. 

Not to mention that Saban looked and played the part of "Mr. Irrelevant" as a guest commentator for ESPN.

He literally looked like a eunich saddened by the fact that he knew his balls were in a box in Euax's top desk drawer.

• Like 2