Gameday Tigers

Former LSU Greats: Chad Jones

Herb

5 minutes ago, Herb said:

The thing is, most people remember him as a great safety for the football team, but his contributions to the baseball team were just as great.  

i would say even better. 

the ‘07 secondary was loaded and could have won that title even without him. 

the ‘09 staff was good, but he was a crucial part of it. 

11 hours ago, Herb said:

The thing is, most people remember him as a great safety for the football team, but his contributions to the baseball team were just as great.  

No this tigress. 

I remember more about the Dreadlocks of Doom from baseball. He was amazing to watch on the mound. 

But what will always make him one of my favorite tigers ever, was his heart and determination off the field. It was a miracle the man even lived. Then it was iffy on if he would ever walk again. Many would accept their "fate" and live a good, and courageous life, but CJ had the heart and determination to make his miracles happen. His strength and sheer will to push himself further and further to recovery was nothing short of awe inspiring. I had hoped that even though his pro football career was obviously over, that he might be able to play MILB.  I would have loved to have seen him be able to pursue sports. Even though he couldn't he still won at life.

Archived