Gameday Tigers

Official: Bo Pelini new DC

Hatchertiger

57 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

No idea who this guy is or how credible his alleged "sources" are but here you geaux:

Even if its not Bo, its time for LSU name somebody or get off the pot.

There were a couple reasons to drag their feet on these. No rush. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, houtiger said:

He talked about his faith a bit.  But Dave was short on his vision for Baylor football.   

Well I'm pretty sure everyone knows what the vision is for the defense. And looking at his hires on offense, it looks like he wants to bring Joe Brady's RPO/spread to Baylor. As I fan, like you, it would have been good to hear him say that. But he's not a 'big talker' to begin with.

Maybe  we aren't going to have a DC? ... I know Dad ... be patient.

Personally, I'd like to see us hire Randy Shannon as DC.  Nootch's list in the other thread on the players from the Miami 2000/2001 team that went on to great careers in the NFL were from the team Shannon was DC for. Looks like he knows something about grooming NFL talent.

During Shannon's six years as the Hurricanes defensive coordinator, his defenses consistently finished among the best in the nation:

2001 – 6th
2002 – 7th
2003 – 2nd
2004 – 28th
2005 – 4th
2006 – 7th

1 hour ago, Hatchertiger said:

If it is Pelini, why do you think its taking so long?  Very odd how nothing is "leaking" out of of the building. O runs a tight ship.

As long as there is a coaching vacancy, it allows the head coach more opportunity to recruit in home.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

If it is Pelini, why do you think its taking so long?  Very odd how nothing is "leaking" out of of the building. O runs a tight ship.

I think this is because Pellini wants to get Youngstown State to hire his brother as his successor.  That might take some convincing?

I would think LSU would be a pretty attractive destination right now, and for the long term.  They just won a natty, so even if they are not expected to repeat next year, the wheels are not likely to fall right off.  LSU has recruited well the previous 2 years, and this years class looks strong.  That bodes well for the next 2 or 3 years.  They play in the SEC west, so they will get plenty of press attention, which can be good for your career.  O has been complimented by Burrow and his players, and by Aranda at his intro at Baylor, so it appears that O is a good person to work for.  What is not to like?  They should have a lot of interest in any openings.

• Like 1

Alright, I had enough, called Coach O. This is gonna happen!!!

Report: Bo Pelini expected to replace Dave Aranda as LSU's new defensive coordinator

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_dee29830-3bf8-11ea-b776-abed00c57fec.html/?534&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twittertossos&utm_campaign=snd

Edited by Hatchertiger
  • Haha 1

I wonder if his head coaching experience gives him a bit broader perspective of the game, and if that will help him coming back to the defensive side.  He should appreciate how an offense views a defense since he has been responsible for both sides now.  He's had experience defending spread offenses in the big ten.