Gameday Tigers

Kentucky in the PMAC right now

Fishhead

17 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Kentucky hit 7 straight 3s in the 2nd half. Some of that is on defense, but very little. 

They have 3 McDonald's All Americans. They should win every game. 

Ky wins by 3

And most, if not all of those 3 point shots were wide open.

Kentucky shot 32% from the field in the first half and 74% in the 2nd.  That one stat tells me all I need to know about our defense or the lack thereof. 

2 hours ago, COTiger said:

And most, if not all of those 3 point shots were wide open.

Kentucky shot 32% from the field in the first half and 74% in the 2nd.  That one stat tells me all I need to know about our defense or the lack thereof. 

Haha so we played good defense in the first half but not the second?  

I think KY was cold as ice in the first half and we slacked off defending their outside jumpers, then they got hot.  

But I don't care if they're shooting against air, they hit 7 straight 3s and as you pointed out, shot 74% in the second half.  That's just insanely hot.  

Our needs are as follows:

1.A true PG

2.A big man or two

We have neither and won't have either this season.  Let's just agree to blame............................

JOE ALLEVA!

We had two big guys and an elite PG lined up until dumbass decided to throw his own coach under the bus last year about this time.  

Now, surely we can agree Joe Alleva is the root of all evil lol

• Like 1

The problem with this team is that our game is 95% inside the perimeter. We're a team that scores inside and is in position to get rebounds. We have a less than average outside shooting game.

Other teams are seeing this and realize that all they need to do is get hot on 3 point shots. If we're inside positioning for rebounds, we leave the 3 point line relatively open and when we get down by double digits, we start taking desparation 3 pointers to try to catch up. The problem is that we don't have any consistency from that distance.

The announcers alluded to this when they mentioned that KY Jelly's coach had his starters all practicing 3 point shots in advance of the LSU game.