Gameday Tigers

Coronavirus (non-sports related)

Nutriaitch

HO.
LEE.
SH¡T

https://www.livingstonparishnews.com/coronavirus/officials-must-be-confident-in-serology-testing-before-it-becomes-widespread-according-to-assistant-secretary/article_cbcae204-7e9a-11ea-a9dc-2fd36e97a37d.html

Widespread serology testing would help state leaders determine exactly how many people have contracted and built up antibodies against the deadly disease, which reached more than 21,500 cases and 1,000 deaths in Louisiana on Tuesday.

Gauging that immunity is “critically important” when making decisions about loosening “stay at home” orders and reopening the economy, Edwards has said multiple times over the last few days.

“It will be important to have (serology testing) available when we start relaxing restrictions and reopening the economy,” Edwards said Monday.

"Flatten the Curve" apparently is no longer the goal.
They now want widespread blood testing of POSSIBLE PAST cases (you know cases that are over) before there START relaxing. 

Are you fornicating kidding me?

Another current issue is “feasibility of scale.” It is the desire of health officials to spread serology testing “throughout the state and give it to everybody” when testing becomes available, Billioux said.

yeah, you read that right.  
they want to take EVERYBODY's blood before letting us go back to work?

I promise someone else will bleed more than I do if they come try to take a sample from anyone in my household.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

New Orleans mayor LaKaren Cantrell says she's canceling all major events in New Orleans for the rest of the year. 

This ones gonna leave a mark. 

including the Saints?

she's fornicating insane if she makes that decision before the NFL does (one direction or the other).

5 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

including the Saints?

she's fornicating insane if she makes that decision before the NFL does (one direction or the other).

After her shutdown statements, when questioned about the Saints, she started crawfishing. Will get a little more information. 

46 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

In NOLA, never really ever seen a Political Suicide. 
But that one could be a first. 

More:

https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/article_5ef70b2e-7e92-11ea-9abc-1bdeb883c6ae.html

yeah, let her say no Saints, then NFL says they having a season and force Saints play elsewhere.

she may not make it to next election.

• Like 1

Notice that all of the articles say she is "recommending" no large events, but some here are claiming she has "cancelled" these events in an attempt to further portray this global health crisis as "overblown".

"My recommendation is absolutely no large events such as French Quarter Fest and Jazz Fest, even Essence Festival, as it relates to the year 2020," Cantrell said. "The focus should shift to 2021."

And in the very article cited as having the mayor "cancel" all large events:

In a press conference at City Hall to update residents on the city’s coronavirus response, Cantrell said she was recommending that the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and other large events be put on hold for the rest of 2020, a move that would keep potential visitors from igniting a new COVID-19 outbreak even if it choked off the city’s tourism-focused economy for several more months

Glad I listen to actual experts.

41 minutes ago, Herb said:

Notice that all of the articles say she is "recommending" no large events, but some here are claiming she has "cancelled" these events in an attempt to further portray this global health crisis as "overblown".

And in the very article cited as having the mayor "cancel" all large events:

i don't live in New Orleans, so Idon't pay any attention to her pressers.

I do (typically, but not always) listen to Gov Honor Code's and Trump's.
Which is why i asked the questions I asked about her.

Still no covid cases here in Sabine County Texas.... however the state troopers parked on texas side of bridge that crosses lake to/from louisiana here by my subdivision allowed a covid *positive* louisiana resident & his 2 louisiana resident grandkids to come to his lakehouse... (since hes not a county resident they dont count him) a$$hole was suppose to self quarantine for 2 weeks but he was seen at the ONE grocery store, dollar stores, etc several times and was NOT wearing masks or gloves.... local judge has been raising all kinds of hell about this with governors office and questioning what good does the Texas travel ‘restriction’ do

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eq4bits said:

Still no covid cases here in Sabine County Texas.... however the state troopers parked on texas side of bridge that crosses lake to/from louisiana here by my subdivision allowed a covid *positive* louisiana resident & his 2 louisiana resident grandkids to come to his lakehouse... (since hes not a county resident they dont count him) a$$hole was suppose to self quarantine for 2 weeks but he was seen at the ONE grocery store, dollar stores, etc several times and was NOT wearing masks or gloves.... local judge has been raising all kinds of hell about this with governors office and questioning what good does the Texas travel ‘restriction’ do

Amazing both on the fact that your county has so far been spared and at the complete recklessness at the resident with his grandkids...utterly amazing that someone can be so selfish to endanger his neighbors.

Looks like every county surrounding you has confirmed cases, though...please be safe! You guys continue to be in all of our prayers.

13 hours ago, Eq4bits said:

Actually you have 1 according to the Johns Hopkins map

On 4/16/2020 at 10:05 PM, dachsie said:

Actually you have 1 according to the Johns Hopkins map

They are now counting the LA resident for here... other news... earlier today a LA vehicle ran the barricade on the txhwy21/la hwy 6 bridge, a ranger ran him down and got him stopped.... azzhole was sick sick sick with covid... ambulance was called and he was hauled to our hospital....

• Sad 1