Gameday Tigers

Coronavirus (non-sports related)

Nutriaitch

Governor Honor Code fudging the State’s Coronavirus numbers?

https://thehayride.com/2020/03/how-accurate-are-the-states-wuhan-virus-numbers-anyway/?utm_source=Nooner&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:276766&utm_campaign=What Are The Real Number For LA (The Nooner, March 27, 2020)

sounds far fetched, but could explain why our numbers are sorta out of whack compared to rest of the country. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

Governor Honor Code fudging the State’s Coronavirus numbers?

https://thehayride.com/2020/03/how-accurate-are-the-states-wuhan-virus-numbers-anyway/?utm_source=Nooner&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:276766&utm_campaign=What Are The Real Number For LA (The Nooner, March 27, 2020)

sounds far fetched, but could explain why our numbers are sorta out of whack compared to rest of the country. 

Scott and I are friends, he does a great job exposing items like this. Scott started Purple and Gold Magazine years ago. Some might remember his magazine. 

1 hour ago, Eq4bits said:

Where in Sandy Springs? Thats where i lived from 3rd grade apx 1964 thru 1977

ETA: of course back then it wasnt a ‘city’ just an area/community

My three sisters and Mom all live in Woodstock, Ga. My Brother-in-Law, his company has built the area around the new Braves stadium. He moved his  construction company from La. years ago. And has done quite well. 

I've been housebound by family members for 3 weeks now.  The stock market has been wild and very entertaining.  I sold out in mid Dec. so I have cash to put to work.  I post a weekly blog, if interested send me a PM.  I go out for a 20 min. bike ride every day, around my neighborhood.  Lift a dumbbell, then my elbow hurts.  Getting old is no fun.  My golf course is open, with new rules.  Food is to go only.  One person per cart, cart disinfected after each round.  No flags on the green, the cup on the green is above ground (inverted) so your ball cannot go in, if you hit the cup you got it.  Maintain 6' between people.  They reviewed this with the county stay at home order and got permission.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, houtiger said:

I've been housebound by family members for 3 weeks now.  The stock market has been wild and very entertaining.  I sold out in mid Dec. so I have cash to put to work.  I post a weekly blog, if interested send me a PM.  I go out for a 20 min. bike ride every day, around my neighborhood.  Lift a dumbbell, then my elbow hurts.  Getting old is no fun.  My golf course is open, with new rules.  Food is to go only.  One person per cart, cart disinfected after each round.  No flags on the green, the cup on the green is above ground (inverted) so your ball cannot go in, if you hit the cup you got it.  Maintain 6' between people.  They reviewed this with the county stay at home order and got permission.

Monday when the market was back to pre-election levels, I moved some money from money market into the funds I have.  They already increased $30K.

• Like 1

The rate infection on our county is the highest in TX - damned Aggies.  They are saying we may hit our hospital capacity in a few weeks - there are only 5o ICU beds here and we serve about 8-10 surrounding counties as well.  And I think I am starting to have symptoms.  I've got a cough and am monitoring for fever.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/coronavirus/article_e48b7e72-711e-11ea-80e3-87d86261c85a.html

Ex-LSU two-sport star Orlando McDaniel, ex-Tiger sprinter Pearson Jordan have died of novel coronavius

Now, more than ever, we need your support.  Subscribe to local journalism for $2.32 a week.

The novel coronavirus has claimed the life of former LSU two-sport standout Orlando McDaniel. He was 59.

McDaniel died Friday night, LSU track coach Dennis Shaver said.

“Orlando was a tireless worker for the youth in his area of (Dallas-Fort Worth) ,” Shaver said. “His youth North Texas Cheetahs Track Club, year after year, developed many of the great athletes competing for universities throughout the United States.”

Shaver said McDaniel, who starred at LSU from 1978-81, had recently traveled to Washington, D.C., and fell ill after returning home.

Shaver and former LSU basketball player Rudy Macklin were among those who paid tribute to McDaniel, who lived in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and was the founder of the North Texas Cheetahs Track Club.

Macklin was contacted by a former LSU classmate who was in touch with McDaniel’s family.

“This truly breaks my heart,” Macklin wrote in a social media post. “One of our Broussard (Hall) frat brothers is gone. This virus is not like the common flu; it’s 10 times more lethal.”

LSU's L Club group for athletic letter winners included McDaniel and another former LSU track athlete, Pearson Jordan, in a post, noting that Jordan also died of novel coronavirus. Jordan competed for the Tigers from 1976-79 and was part on an NCAA 4x400 champion relay team in 1979.

McDaniel was born in Shreveport and rose to stardom as a two-sport star at Lake Charles High, where he was all-state in football and a track All-American as a hurdler. McDaniel ran the nation’s fastest high school time of 13.5 seconds in the 120-yard hurdles in 1977. He was a second-round draft pick of the Denver Broncos as a wide receiver in 1982.

As a wide receiver, McDaniel caught 64 passes for 1,184 yards and three touchdowns in four seasons for LSU during a run-oriented era. As a senior, his 17.5-yards-per-catch average ranked second in the SEC. He was fourth in yards receiving (719) and made 41 catches that year.

McDaniel’s LSU track highlights included a second-place finish in the NCAA 110-meter hurdles in 1980. He placed third in 1981. His time of 13.66 seconds at the Kansas Relays was the world’s No. 2 time in 1980.

In 1982, McDaniel appeared in three games for the Broncos but did not catch a pass.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 7:44 PM, LSUDad said:

I have a question, just my thinking. Could some states, hospitals, towns, just chalking up a death as Corona-virus caused? Raising the number, allowing to get more Federal dollars? Maybe so, maybe not? 

On 3/25/2020 at 8:05 PM, Nutriaitch said:

i wouldn't put it past anyone.

21220FAB-1A6C-4C48-90DF-9D6AE7E09D16.thumb.jpeg.91a4ea87fa215649d3fb1db5b1837433.jpeg

Edited by LSUDad
  • Like 2

After Louisiana’s governor announced that coronavirus had taken the life of a 17-year-old, the teenager’s father has disputed his son’s cause of death.

Speaking at a press conference on Wednesday, Governor John Bel Edwards pointed to the death of Jaquan Anderson as evidence that coronavirus meant “everyone is at risk”.

He added: “There is some percentage of population regardless of age and health who are at risk of having serious and severe complications ... and that includes death.”

Whilst the investigation into the cause of Jaquan’s death is ongoing, his father, Kevin Moran, said on Thursday that his son had died of “heart failure”. 

According to the New Orleans Advocate, Mr Moran was surprised that his son’s cause of death had been diagnosed as coronavirus, saying: “It was heart failure.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-teenager-death-louisiana-heart-failure-jaquan-anderson-a9430161.html

• Like 1