Gameday Tigers

Soooo, Now what?

Nutriaitch

So, um.  No sports. No live concerts. Can't go out and do things. The local baseball field has a fornicating padlock on the gate.

Kids ain't in school and are stuck at home.  Wife works at school, so she is home too.

I've seen pretty much every movie I want to see.
don't watch much TV.

with wife and kids home all day talk like "how was your day?" gets quite repetitive and monotonous, because literally nothing new happens for 3/4 of the house each day.

So like what the hell are we supposed to do?

Nothing has really changed for my house; we’ve been living as isolated as possible since the hubs diagnosed with leukemia (and subsequent stem cell transplant). 
we watch lots of netflix, amazon, roku (and all the apps ive added to it).

rewatched lonesome dove & return to LD yesterday. Naked & afraid & dual survival when they’re on, lots of cooking/food shows; Play word games & other mund numbing games on my phone, I binge watch old series: the mentalist, lie to me, house, ncis, criminal minds, bones, anything really since just about everything ‘live’ is wuhan virus coverage... talking heads (max headroom anybody?) saying the same things iver & over and what-ifing ... 

i did see where one theater/production company is going to make new movies available for streaming (at a cost of course) on same day as ‘theater release dates’ since theaters are closed.

I'm grounded mostly.  My gym closed for a while, I take a bike ride around the neighborhood and lift a dumb bell on occasion, but it makes my elbow hurt.

I have an interest in the stock market, so I've I've been busy with that.  Check out my blog at richinvesting.wordpress.com .

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 12:41 PM, Eq4bits said:

Naked & afraid & dual survival when they’re on, lots of cooking/food shows; Play word games & other mund numbing games on my phone, I binge watch old series: the mentalist, lie to me, house, ncis, criminal minds, bones, anything really since just about everything ‘live’ is wuhan virus coverage... talking heads (max headroom anybody?) saying the same things iver & over and what-ifing ... 

Ha we're a bit alike. 

I watch survival shows like a madman. Dual survival, dude you're screwed, occasionally naked and afraid but just to learn what NOT to do lol. 

I subscribe to numerous YouTube channels regarding survival. 

So, I try to apply survival techniques such as primitive fire and building traps/snares. Been doing a bit of that. 

I don't like being inside tbh. I've started sanding my old fiberglass canoe. Fortunately I already had fiberglass and fairing compound, as well as primer and paint. Hopefully I'll get it completed during this time. 

Yesterday I took all my reels apart and cleaned them. Set everything up for a POSSIBLE trip back down to Padre Island National Seashore Friday-Sunday. So far it's still open. I'll be pissed if they close it. It's 60 miles of beach, 55 of which requires 4wd. There's almost nobody there. Like, literally less than a person per mile. That's the epitome of social distancing, no?

Y'all know I play bass guitar but I've been practicing more on the 6 string and writing songs/ trying to finish songs I started a long time ago. I also recently got a dobro...playing with that a bit. 

I should be working out. I have the required equipment, but frick that lol.

Been cooking a bit...gumbo, large pot of hash, steaks in cast iron, e.t.c...

Today I got a claim from a new client that didn't require an inspection. Got it done quickly so maybe they'll send me more. 

• Like 1

I've become a Youtube junkie. There are tons of great videos out there covering a wide range of topics that I'm interested in. The weather has been very nice here so doing a lot of outside projects and exercising outdoors. I'm four pounds from my target weight.  Currently kicking the tires on whether to plant 2 avocado trees. Something we love to eat but the fn'g squirrels won't ... at least I hope they won't.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

I've become a Youtube junkie. There are tons of great videos out there covering a wide range of topics that I'm interested in. The weather has been very nice here so doing a lot of outside projects and exercising outdoors. I'm four pounds from my target weight.  Currently kicking the tires on whether to plant 2 avocado trees. Something we love to eat but the fn'g squirrels won't ... at least I hope they won't.

I have a couple planted

20200324_100322.jpg

37 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

I have a couple planted

Do you recall the variety you've planted? According to LSU you need an "A" variety and "B" variety for best production:

And now the real kicker, to get the best fruit production you need two avocado trees – a type A flowering tree and a type B flowering tree. What is type A and B flowering? Avocados have a very unique flowering quirk that helps to ensure genetic diversity. Avocado flowers are perfect (have both male and female structures); however, maturation is out of synch. Type A plants produce flowers with mature female structures in the morning and mature male structures in the evening. Type B plants produce flowers with mature male structures in the morning and mature female structures in the evening. Self-pollination is therefore difficult. In the morning, mature pollen from a type B plant is flying around looking for a mature female structure to land on. Only type A plants have mature female structures in the morning. Then in the evening, mature pollen from type A plants is flying around looking for mature female structures to land on. Only type B plants have mature female structures in the evening.

https://www.lsuagcenter.com/profiles/cdunaway/articles/page1529338129218

I am currently considering Brazos Belle – Type B flower and Mexicola Grande – Type A flower b/c both are cold hardy.