Gameday Tigers

Ole goldenshower @ #5 LSU...Cannon Blasts

Fishhead

It's hard to be excited at the moment as we remember a fallen Tiger,  Wayde Sims. But the clock doesn't stop and the fact remains...

It is indeed Ole goldenshower week!

Last night in front of Tiger Stadium, another fallen Tiger was memorialized as Dr. Billy Cannon's statue was unveiled. Football in hand, track shoes and a shot put on the base. 

Billy Cannon, LSU's lone Heisman Trophy winner, was the integral part of the 1958 National Championship team, and the single most historic play in LSU history. The Halloween Night Run. 

Tonight the Rebel Bear Sharks visit Tiger Stadium once again, with a high powered offense and middle school defense. It's time for LSU to find a hammer on offense and nail the Rebels with steady defense, shut them down. 

It's Saturday Night in Death Valley!

It's time to GEAUX!!!

RIP #44 ?

God bless Wayne Sims, family,  friends of Wayde

God bless the coaches, teammates, and others in the LSU athletic family close to him. 

God bless LSU and Baton Rouge

God bless the BRPD for its swift action to get a killer off the street. 

Man it was after midnight here when the game finally ended.  I was falling asleep midway throught the 4th quaarter.

But what a game!  Having your way with a historic rival always feels good.

The half empty glass side of me feels compelled to caveat my analysis with the fact that the sanctions against Ole Miss have taken their toll (which is what these punishments are supposed to do) and they might be the weakest defensive team we see all season - including LA Tech and SLU.

I went to bed with a smile on my face. 

On 9/29/2018 at 9:04 PM, dachsie said:

Delpit has been all over the place.  Where is Devin White - he's been quiet tonite

I think Devin and Wayde Sims were pretty tight. I imagine he was playing through pain. 

That said, in my blog, I more than hinted Delpit is our best player. I'll state that emphatically now. Has anyone ever won the Thorpe Award twice in a row??

A few thoughts on the Ole Piss game and the season. To be 5-0 so far this season, not many thought we would be in this position at this time of the season.

* The first game, Steve Ensminger was in the press box along with Jerry Sullivan, the last couple games, I've seen Sullivan on the field on the bench, talking with players once they come off the field. Once a staff puts together a game plan, a few changes can be made in game, or at the half. Many OC's script their first 10-20 plays, don't care if up by 10 or down by 10. A couple I know have a 2 minute drill, or Over Time game card. But I thought this was the best game Steve had called this year. Did a lot with formations, many times you could tell if it was a run or pass. Early in the game, they were loading up on 1st down. Then Steve started to pass on 1st down. Even the play-by-play guys pointed this out.

* I said before, Sullivan will have these guys running routes, getting off the jam, blocking downfield. This is coming into play. We are seeing the WR position coming to life. They said this was the strength of the offense, its starting to show.  Racey McMath took over a position, a CB is way too small, a LB is too slow, a Safety has to try to keep up with this guy, Racey has manned the position that Thad Moss was to have. Both are 6'3" and a little over 223lbs. Both have very good speed. 

* James Cregg is doing a great job with the OL, the most improved OLman this year, by far, Lloyd Cushenberry. When I saw him in the Spring Game, his play has stepped up, I figured Brumfield would have to slide over to play OC. He has taken over the position. The surprise on the line, Chasen Hines, true Freshman, thrown into the mix at Auburn. We have played 10 OL in game. For 5 games, never having the same 5 on the line to start a game. 

Will get on the Defense a little later.

10 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Also, am i the only person that expected us to just kneel during the xp and leave the score at 44 (#44)?

I thought of it immediately and really thought we would do that

THAT would have been an amazing tribute.

Archived