Gameday Tigers

2020 NFL Draft, Tigers, Notes, Dates

LSUDad

7 hours ago, watson said:

I thought that TEs were pretty weak this year.

Depending on who you talk with. I see a little deeper. WR is by far the deepest. 
But then again, I see Jets anywhere from the 2nd best WR, all they way to the 6th or 8th best. 
As for Moss, same thing. Some even said, he should have came back for another year. 
I’ll go more into detail later. 

Edited by LSUDad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LSUDad said:

I checked Lindy’s Pro Football Draft, they rate the TE’s as a A, WR as a B+.

I have yet to see one TE projected in the first round, which is the basis of my skepticism.   I know Notre Dame has a good TE but no idea what his name is and Washington also has good TE... again no idea of his name.    I do think Moss is a middle round pick, especially if Foster Moreau got picked.... too bad Moss does not have combine numbers.

23 minutes ago, watson said:

I have yet to see one TE projected in the first round, which is the basis of my skepticism.   I know Notre Dame has a good TE but no idea what his name is and Washington also has good TE... again no idea of his name.    I do think Moss is a middle round pick, especially if Foster Moreau got picked.... too bad Moss does not have combine numbers.

Last year two TE’s went in the first round, both came out of the same college, Iowa. 
As for this year, the TE out of ND, Kmet, is a second round projection, also the TE put of Missouri is also projected in the second. The third round gets more involved in the drafting process. It is rated more as numbers, not as much early, but second round on. 

Another position that gets overlooked, Long Snapper. Last year, 254 players were drafted, with the 250th pick, the Vikings took one. 

We have a good one coming out, he too has a shot to get drafted. 

Lloyd Cushenberry opens up on NFL Draft process, training

ByBILLY EMBODY Apr 11, 3:26 PM 

With in-person meetings with NFL teams canceled, LSU center Lloyd Cushenberryis working out with fellow LSU lineman Damien Lewis to prepare for the NFL Draft.

Whenever organized team activities are allowed, the organization is going to want their new draft picks ready to rock and roll for camp, which drives the pair of Tigers.

"Both our mindsets, we feel like once all this blows over and things get back to normal, the team who drafts you, they're not going to care that you didn't have access to a real facility or a weight room," Cushenberry told Geaux247. "When they draft you, they expect you to perform. We put in the work now and we'll have a step ahead of some of the guys that might not be putting in the work.

"There's people not putting in work, but at the same time, there are a lot of good people that are putting in the work. What makes us different from those guys and what makes us stand out?"

With the coronavirus putting a stop to live sports, re-runs of the LSU's National Championship game win over Clemson have played consistently. Cushenberry is still in awe at what the 2019 Tigers accomplished.

"I've kind of gotten away from watching the TV copies because I watched so much film on the iPad," he said. "TV copies are just too slow for me because I know what's about to happen. They talk too much, but I did watch the National Championship one of the times they played it on ESPN or SEC Network.

"It still doesn't feel real that we did what we did. Me and D-Lew just talked about it, we're going to be remembered forever. A hundred years from now, they're going to know what we did and how we did it."

Cushenberry, LSU's Team MVP off the 2019 team, has prioritized his footwork and hand placement during his workouts. NFL teams want him staying in shape and echoed those points of emphasis for the Carville, La. native.

Since the NFL Combine, Cushenberry said he's probably talked with every NFL team, but a few he highlighted have needs at the interior line positions.

"Just talked with the Broncos this morning, have a Seattle meeting at 4 o'clock today, Atlanta, Carolina," Cushenberry said Thursday. "A lot of teams that are in need for an interior lineman have been hitting me up. 49ers. Kinda hard to keep up with them, but it's a good group of teams that I've talked to."

With former LSU passing game coordinator Joe Brady now with the Panthers, his dealings with the NFC South franchise have been informal, knowing they have a coach with as much information as anyone on LSU's starting center the past two seasons.

"I saw him at the Senior Bowl and I saw him at the combine, talked to him a little bit just passing by, but as far as meeting, I haven't talked to him yet," Cushenberry said. "At the same time, I talked to the scouts and they were just saying they already know the type of person I am from talking to coach Brady so there's really no need for them to meet with me cause they only get so many meetings.

"They feel like they know the type of guy they'd be getting if they drafted me."

Privately, Cushenberry has a few teams he'd love to join whenever he's drafted in the April 23-25 draft, but wherever he goes, he's going to continue to be what he was at LSU: a leader.

"Whoever picks me, it's a blessing," he said, "And they're going to get everything from and I'm going to give my all to that organization and try to bring championships, be a leader, be a great player for that organization."

Cushenberry plans a private get-together with his family at his sister's house, enjoying the time and special moment that will be when his name comes off the board.

"I'm very excited," Cushenberry said. "It's going to be amazing for me and my family and the rest of my teammates. Me and Damien were just talking about everything we've dreamed of, we're living through it. We won a National Championship, we've dreamed of that as kids and it doesn't even seem real almost. Now we're about to live our dreams going through the draft.

"Really don't think about it when you're working so hard, but it's going to be surreal and an amazing feeling."

Cushenberry is one of eight LSU Tigers that'll participate virtually in the NFL Draft, which begins April 23 at 7 p.m. CT on ABC, ESPN and NFL Network.

Rabalais: After a historic championship run, LSU aims for a record-setting NFL draft

1 of 2
SEC Championship Football
5dec77034585e.image.jpg?resize=200%2C133

LSU players celebrate after the Southeastern Conference championship NCAA college football game against Georgia, Saturday, Dec. 7, 2019, in Atlanta. LSU won 37-10. (AP Photo/John Amis)

• John Amis

lsuoklahoma.122919 HS 3221.JPG
5e0812144f84f.image.jpg?resize=200%2C204

LSU's K'Lavon Chaisson (18) celebrates with Glen Logan (97), Patrick Queen (8), Kary Vincent Jr. (5) and Jacob Phillips (6) after making a sack in the Peach Bowl against Oklahoma, December 28, 2019, at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. Chaisson, Queen and Phillips are likely to be part of a record-breaking class in this year's NFL draft.

• STAFF PHOTO BY HILARY SCHEINUK

The program that put together the greatest season in college football history may be on the doorstep of making NFL draft history.

The numbers LSU is shooting for: six and 14.

image.png.c8ca6b51588f3f8c7eaded62701b4063.png
5e1d382c30f71.image.jpg?crop=1176%2C736%2C3%2C84&resize=200%2C125&order=crop%2Cresize

Six is the record for first-round draft picks, set in 2004 by the Miami Hurricanes with the likes of Kellen Winslow, former Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma and Vince Wilfork.

Fourteen is the record for most picks in a modern seven-round draft, also set that year by Ohio State, a number that included the late Will Smith with the 18th pick to New Orleans.

LSU’s records for the NFL draft are four first-round picks and nine picks overall. Four Tigers went in the first round in 2007: quarterback JaMarcus Russell with the No. 1 overall pick to Oakland, safety LaRon Landry at No. 6 to Washington, wide receiver Dwayne Bowe at No. 23 to Kansas City and receiver Craig Davis at No. 30 to San Diego (only one other LSU player was drafted that year).

Nine Tigers were selected in 2013 and ’14 — players like Eric Reid, Kevin Minter, Tyrann Mathieu, Odell Beckham Jr., Jarvis Landry and Trai Turner.

This year’s class could eclipse them all, led by Heisman Trophy winner Joe Burrow, who stands to join Billy Cannon and Russell as No. 1 overall picks. LSU could have as many as five other players taken in the first round (though that doesn’t quite seem likely) and up to 16 players drafted. (again, that may be pushing it, but it is possible).

image.png.451658718630ce116093d4527673ee57.png
5e1d5b54ab7a2.image.jpg?resize=200%2C155

Three Tigers other than Burrow look like first-round locks: edge rusher K’Lavon Chaisson, wide receiver Justin Jefferson and linebacker Patrick Queen. Cornerback Kristin Fulton is a projected first-round pick in mock drafts from the likes of SI.com, The Sporting News and CBSSports.com, though at least one mock draft we looked (WalterFootball.com) at had him as a third-rounder. Go figure.

But considering how prized talented cornerbacks are, we’ll give Fulton the benefit of the doubt and put him in the first round. That brings LSU to five and within one of Miami’s mark.

What about Grant Delpit? First-team All-American, Jim Thorpe Award-winning Grant Delpit? Well, the consensus has Delpit going early in the second round, though NFL.com’s Tom Fornelli has him going way up with the 18th pick to Miami.

Delpit’s anchors dragging him down into the second round are twofold. One, despite winning the Thorpe, he wasn’t really as good as a junior as he was as a sophomore. Second, he didn’t do any on-field testing at the NFL combine, and he is roundly dinged for his tackling ability.

But as they say, it only takes one team to fall in love with you. And maybe that team will be out there for Delpit before the 32 precious picks run out.

One last word on Burrow. He’s such a lead-pipe lock to be the No. 1 overall pick, as he was in December to win the Heisman, you hear people going to ridiculous lengths to say somethingdifferent in order to stand out above the “Joe’s the man” crowd.

There's speculation about whether Ohio State rush end and Heisman finalist Chase Young is indeed the best player in the draft (yeah, probably, but so what?). NFL.com’s Maurice Jones-Drew even has the wild idea about Burrow going all the way down to No. 5 to Miami and Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert being the overall No. 1 pick.

Don’t buy it. Joe is indeed the man, and he will be staying home in Ohio with the Cincinnati Bengals, who will get the rotten-fruit treatment from their fans if they don't pick Ohio Joe. Burrow looks like the kind of player around which you can build a successful franchise, and the Bengals have to start with a cornerstone like him, hewn from their own backyard (Burrow’s hometown of Athens, Ohio, is 157 miles from Cincy).

As for the record set by Burrow’s old school, Ohio State, that one seems more likely that LSU can tie or eclipse it. The key will likely be whether two former Tigers — long snapper Blake Ferguson and tight end Stephen Sullivan — get drafted or go the free-agent route.

Ferguson is all you want in a deep snapper, but as he said last season, there are only 32 jobs like his in the NFL. And that’s all he does. He isn’t going to be your backup right guard, as well.

image.png.8a08d4cefa1a3998c8bc9896e795ca7d.png
5de304642deff.image.jpg?crop=1730%2C1059%2C18%2C0&resize=200%2C122&order=crop%2Cresize

As for Sullivan, he has a lot of the measurables you want (6-foot-5, 242 pounds, a stunning 85⅛-inch wingspan), but the production is lacking. In LSU’s pass-happy offense from 2019 (that still seems strange to say), Sullivan only caught four passes for 51 yards.

That said, it would hardly be a shock for a team to take him in the sixth or seventh rounds. Ferguson, too.

So what would it mean if LSU could match Miami and eclipse Ohio State? Nothing tangible, really. There’s no trophy like the one the Tigers lifted in January in New Orleans. But for the reputation of the program, for recruiting, these would be significant marks to hit.

image.png.6e495f591aaaeb1d321a37338e44bb01.png
5e1d5fed9727f.image.jpg?resize=200%2C129

By the way, Alabama has four or five projected first-rounders, too. Forever, Alabama, right?

Maybe setting draft records would be a little more meaningful for LSU than it might first seem.

image.png

These 8 former LSU players will participate in NFL virtual draft broadcast

cfpclemsonlsu.011420 HS 4651.JPG
5e1d5b54ab7a2.image.jpg?resize=200%2C155

LSU quarterback Joe Burrow (9) flips the ball to LSU wide receiver Justin Jefferson (2) in the second half against Clemson in the CFP National Championship, Monday, January 13, 2020, at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.

STAFF PHOTO BY HILARY SCHEINUK

Eight former LSU football players will take part in the NFL draft broadcast on April 23-25, the NFL announced on Thursday.

Those eight are quarterback Joe Burrow, linebacker K'Lavon Chaisson, center Lloyd Cushenberry, safety Grant Delpit, cornerback Kristian Fulton, wide receiver Justin Jefferson, tight end Thaddeus Moss and linebacker Patrick Queen. 

There were 58 players from around the country confirmed to participate in the new draft days set up, as the upcoming NFL draft will be completely virtual due to the coronavirus pandemic. 

LSU's eight leads all colleges with players taking part, with Alabama having seven players participating in the event. The SEC overall has 24 prospects participating. 

Good interview, but I think Jordan Palmer missed the key point.  Where does Joe Burrrow's confidence come from?  I think it comes from the fact that he KNOWS HE HAS PUT IN THE WORK.  He knows that he has learned what he needed to learn to go out and take advantage of the defense he is facing.  His intelligence helps him, because he believes that when he thinks he knows enough to go out and take advantage of a defense, it has happened just like he thought it would.  Reality (the game) comes to match his perception of the game prior to the kickoff.  And he has done it successfully 15 games in a row.  That is why he is confident.

I think his edge is between his ears.  He's smart, and he's dedicated to his goal, he puts in the work to give himself the best chance to reach his goal.  I think he'll be a good NFL QB for a long time.  Of course he'll need a supporting cast around him, players and coaches. 

• Like 1

LSU Football: Nick Saban makes prediction for Joe Burrow’s NFL career

Alabama Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban recently gave his thoughts on how former LSU football quarterback Joe Burrow will fare in the NFL.

Alabama Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban has probably coached more elite talent in the last 20 years than any other coach in college sports, so when he gives his opinion on LSU football’s Joe Burrow, it’s probably an opinion that you can take to the bank.

Saban recently gave an extensive breakdown of Burrow’s game to ESPN+.

Throughout the breakdown, Saban discussed Burrow’s great “next level decision making” and his ability to dissect defenses pre-snap.

Saban also gave some candid thoughts on Burrow and his future NFL career.

“I think Joe Burrow has great vision, does a good job with pre-snap reads and knowing where he needs to go with the ball”, said Saban during the ESPN+ breakdown.

Saban noted that Burrow’s ability to scramble puts a lot of pressure on defense, before finally declaring “Joe Burrow is going to have a fantastic career in the NFL”.

The legendary Alabama head coach was able to see Burrow’s abilities in person on two occasions.

Buy Now!

In 2018, Burrow and LSU lost to Alabama 29-0. It was probably one of the worst games of Burrow’s career. The Tigers’ signal caller completed just 18-of-35 passes for 184 yards and one interception.

This past season, however, it was a completely different story. LSU went into Tuscaloosa and beat the Tide 46-41 (the game wasn’t as close as the final score indicated).

Burrow was fantastic against Alabama in 2019, completing 31-of-39 passes for 393 yards and three touchdowns. He also rushed the ball 14 times for 64 yards (Burrow also accumulated his only tackle of the season against Alabama, after a Tigers fumble, which isn’t really relevant, but fun to know nonetheless).

Saban was able to see Burrow’s entire skillset on display in Tuscaloosa last season, so it’s no surprise that he’s expecting a bright future for the young quarterback.

Of course, it’s not like Saban’s thoughts on Burrow are unique — nearly every draft analyst in the business is expecting Burrow to have a wildly successful NFL career.

But when you hear these thoughts from Saban — one of the best talent evaluators on earth — it gives the expectations placed on Burrow some legitimacy.

The Cincinnati Bengals’ franchise is about to turn around in a hurry with Burrow under center (assuming the Bengals don’t trade the pick, which I don’t see happening). I never thought I’d see a Bengals bandwagon, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see one form in the next couple of years.

• Like 1

Laura Rutledge on why Tua Tagovailoa is falling in NFL Draft

ByBRAD CRAWFORD Apr 14, 8:13 AM 

Smokescreens lead to stock volatility every year ahead of the NFL Draft and risk narratives are continuing to surface ahead of next week's event for Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa. According to ESPN Stats and Info, only 40 percent of first-round quarterbacks sign a second contract with the team that selects them, so the Miami Dolphins are taking a closer look at the injury-prone lefty before their first pick at No. 5, insiders said on Tuesday.

“First of all, I’ve heard the same things Mel (Kiper) has heard — every team looks at risk a different way,” ESPN's Laura Rutledge said during Tuesday's appearance on Get Up!. "The Dolphins have asked probably the most questions about Tua and that would mean they may not be comfortable taking him with the risk they’d have to take based on long-term durability concerns.

"But what Tua continues to say is he is just thrilled to go somewhere. This is truly how he feels about this and I think speaks to his competitive fire that isn’t getting enough attention. He’s ready to go in and contribute as soon as he possibly can.”

Oregon's Justin Herbert moved ahead of Tagovailoa in Kiper's NFL Mock Draft 4.0 on Tuesday, leaving the Chargers at No. 6 with a potential need.

"I personally think being in Los Angeles might be a really good fit for him if that’s how it ends up playing out," Rutledge said. "He’s a guy who would be closer to his original home there in California and would be a great fit with that Chargers team. They’re (his team) very comfortable with what he put on his tape and how he feels physically right now."

Kiper personally ranks Tagovailoa as the second-best quarterback available, but based on what he's hearing from NFL franchises, Herbert has moved out front behind Burrow in Miami's crosshairs.

"Durability concern is why I dropped him, some think he could drop a little farther than that,” Kiper said Tuesday on ESPN. “It’s not only about the injuries he’s had, but protecting his body and not taking hits. The short-term and long-term durability as an NFL quarterback is why Justin Herbert has (perhaps) moved ahead of him.”

A few notes:

Mel Kiper has his 4.0 Draft out. He has 4 Tigers going in the first round, with 3 going in the second. Like everyone, Joe being the first player taken.

Then at 15- Jets going to Denver.

16-Chaisson going to Falcons, look out Saints.

28-Queen, going to Ravens.

2nd Round,

38-Fulton going to the Panthers

41- Delpit to the Browns

52-Clyde to the Rams.

Of all these, Chaisson to the Falcons, seems like the most likely. Jets going that high would be a plus. Fulton not showing in the first round? Maybe. But as with every year, a few positions are always at a premium, QB, Edge Rusher, CB and Left Tackle. Every team needs these players. I often talk about having three good corners, havin good safeties, all come into play.

Queen made a name in the back half of the season, I could see the Eagles picking a Queen or even the Saints taking him, if hes still on the board. The Eagles need help at every position, that has a Tiger on the draft board.

Jets, would have been one the Saints might have taken, the addition of Sanders, has filled one spot, I still think with this deep WR class, the Saints want another WR. The Eagles need a speed WR, Jets has another landing spot.

Its a deep draft at WR, OT and TE. If teams start making a run at OT, they have a number with first round value. Same with WR. The TE run, should start in the second round, then from there, who knows. Moss is a good one, in this draft, most scouts have him the 6th best TE or lower. OT, many that LSU went up against this year, will go early, the first two rounds.

Mel has Fulton early in the second, he has a shot in the first. Some have Delpit in the second, some like him in the first. Talent and needs, then you have best available.

One week from today, the draft is on, best of luck to all the Tigers.

• Like 1

Record to set? 

LSU set to break SEC record for most players drafted in single NFL Draft? SEC Network's Chris Doering believes it will happen

Michael Wayne Bratton | 19 hours ago

The Southeastern Conference record for most players drafted in a single NFL Draft (in the common 7-round format) came back in 2018 when Alabama had 12 players selected. The all-time record is held by Ohio State with 14 selections back in 2004.

While LSU may have its sights set on breaking the SEC mark, the Tigers may just be in position to break the all-time record, too.

00:17

During a recent segment on the SEC Network, former Florida great turned SEC analyst Chris Doering was asked to share his thoughts on LSU’s chances to break the SEC record for most selections in a single NFL Draft.

“I think that’s a foregone conclusion,” Doering answered. “As you mentioned, Scouts, Inc. has those 14 [LSU] guys selected to go in the top 200. There are 255 selections in the NFL Draft, so I think there’s some buffer there but that will allow that to happen. It’s a great reflection on the talent that was on that LSU National Championship Game team, but I think the more impressive statistic is the projection of seven guys going in the top two rounds as both [Mel] Kiper and [Todd] McShay have projected.”

The Tigers annually have a loaded roster but last season the difference proved to be the utilization of the program’s elite players, according to Doering.

“To me, it’s just amazing how much difference a year can make,” the SEC Network analyst continued. “We never would have imagined this much talent being drafted last year when we’re projecting where LSU was going to finish in the rankings at SEC Media Days, but the talent was utilized really well.

“Obviously the production was there, and the title reflects it. But I think seven guys in the top two rounds is very very likely as well.”

You can check out Doering’s comments below courtesy of the SEC Network.

Will @LSUfootball set the record for most SEC players taken in a single draft?@ChrisDoering thinks so!

Embedded video

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

With all the isolation taking place, I decided to throw a party Thursday for the NFL draft. Yep gonna be my son and I!  And as a giant middle finger to the virus, we are drinking Corona beer and grilling up some nice fajitas!!!!!!!

corona-beer.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Like I said, we cross the border every year into Mexico. My Dad use to drink Corona, I can’t stand it. Never liked the taste. One year I got my Dad to try a Dos Equis, he never drank another Corona after that. 

Here we go: 

NFL coach says Joe Burrow 'high-risk' pick in 2020 Draft   

ByJAYLON THOMPSON 21 hours ago 

The wait for LSU quarterback Joe Burrowis almost over. In one week, the talented signal-caller will hear his name called in the 2020 NFL Draft. He is presumed to be selected first overall by the Cincinnati Bengals according to most draft pundits.

It has been quite the journey for the 2019 Heisman Trophy winner. After transferring from Ohio State in 2018, Burrow reinvented himself under LSU head coach Ed Orgeron and then-offensive play-caller Joe Brady.

Burrow put up his best numbers last season. He threw for 5,671 yards and an FBS-record 60 touchdowns en route to a CFP National Championship victory. Burrow also showcased his supreme accuracy by completing 76.3 percent of his passes.

However, Burrow still has his detractors. In a column by NFL.com reporter Tom Pelissero, an unnamed NFC coach called Burrow a “high-risk guy” to be selected first overall.

"He ends up with a pro coach (Joe Brady) in a really good system with the best players,” the coach said. “He's a great processor and he is everything I'd want in a quarterback -- if I took him in the second or third round. He's not a natural thrower, can't really pump it down the field. Now, he can throw it back-shoulder and uncovered and he's got anticipation, but that ball's wobbling. Love him, but I think he's a high-risk guy at 1."

There are also concerns regarding Burrow’s experience. He’s started just 28 games at LSU after arriving from Ohio State. He made an incredible leap after posting average numbers as a junior. According to an NFC scout, Burrow’s 2018 tape seems to be the sticking point. Some evaluators wonder if he can replicate the same numbers in the NFL.

"There's a lot of scouts out there lying their asses off about where they had him last year because there's no f------ way you could've put that (2018) tape on and thought he was better than a late-round pick," an NFC scout said. "And good for Joe. He's got the right makeup. You saw his leadership. You saw his mental toughness."

Burrow recently discussed his draft process on 104.5 ESPN Baton Rouge's Off The Bench with Culotta and T-Bob. He responded to the criticism in his game and said he’s ready to play at the next level.

"Of course I hear it,” Burrow said. “You hear that stuff, but it's those people's jobs to have an opinion about you whether you do what you did all throughout the year and they still have an opinion or you play like garbage and then they have another opinion so that's what they get paid to do, I get paid to play football."

Burrow has a chance to silence his doubters with a solid rookie season. His leadership skills have drawn comparisons to the likes of NFL Hall of Famer Kurt Warner.

According to NFL.com draft analyst Lance Zierlein, Burrow’s poise should boost an NFL locker room immediately.

“He's a rhythm passer who benefited from tempo and scheme, but his vision, touch, and read recognition made the offense special. He buys time for himself inside the pocket, but creates explosive, off-schedule plays outside of it with his arm or legs,” Zierlein said. “He throws with staggering precision and timing, but he recognizes his own arm-strength constraints and is forced to shrink the field accordingly.”

“His 2018 tape and unremarkable physical traits could clutter his evaluation for some, but he appears to be an outlier who simply developed and blossomed beyond those evaluation concerns. He's a smart quarterback with special intangibles and could become a Pro Bowler if a team tailors its offense to his specific strengths and comfort level.”

Burrow, an Athens, Ohio native, was a four-star recruit according to 247Sports Composite. He played at Athens High School and No. 11 quarterback prospect in the state of Ohio.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LSUDad said:

Like I said, we cross the border every year into Mexico. My Dad use to drink Corona, I can’t stand it. Never liked the taste. One year I got my Dad to try a Dos Equis, he never drank another Corona after that. 

Son actually prefers Dos Equis. Had my first Corona at 16 on a fishing trip to Lake Guerrero in Mexico circa 1981, my older brother's senior trip. 

• Like 1

Brett Favre calls Joe Burrow best college QB, LSU best college team he's ever seen

Adam Spencer | 4 hours ago

The LSU Tigers had a magical 2019 season, going 15-0 and winning the national title. QB Joe Burrow set the FBS touchdown record, tossing 60.

He also won the Heisman Trophy and is almost a lock to be the No. 1 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

On Tuesday, NFL legend Brett Favre said he hasn’t seen a quarterback play better in college than Burrow did last year. He added that LSU is the best college team he’s ever seen (via TMZ Sports😞

“I don’t know if I’ve ever seen any college player better than he played last year. In fact, [Burrow’s] team was incredible,” Favre said. “Best college team I’ve ever seen. And, the best play by a college quarterback in history.”

That’s high praise from the former Green Bay Packers star. We’ll see if Burrow can continue his outstanding play at the NFL level.

• Like 1

Brett had a stronger arm, but his supreme confidence caused him to try to make some throws he should not have attempted.  Green Bay had it going for about 4 years and won 1 superbowl.  But in a wonderlic test, Burrow would win.  Joe is smarter, so I wonder even though he doesn't have a world class "GUN", can he still win a few SB, like Montana did?  This is going to be interesting to watch for years to come.

LSU to air 3-Hour NFL Draft preview show on Wednesday

ByBILLY EMBODY 13 hours ago 

BATON ROUGE – "Road to the Pros: LSU Draft Special" presented by Cajun Country Rice and hosted by the Voice of the Tigers Chris Blair will air Wednesday (April 22) from 2-5 p.m. CT on the LSU Sports Radio Network and LSUsports.net.

"Road to the Pros: LSU Draft Special" presented by Cajun Country Rice can be heard on the LSU Sports Radio Network as well as LSUsports.net/live. Check local listings for stations and air time in your areas.

LSU's draft special will preview what will be a record-setting three days for the Tigers as the program is expected to see as many as 14 players taken in the NFL Draft. The Tigers, who are coming off a 15-0 national championship season, will set the school record for most players taken in a single year, which currently stands at nine in both the 2013 and 2014 drafts.

Heisman Trophy quarterback Joe Burrowis widely considered to be the No. 1 overall pick by the Cincinnati Bengals. Burrow could be joined in the first round by as many as six of his LSU teammates, which would set the record for most first round picks from a single school.

Miami currently holds the NFL record with six first round picks set in 2004. The LSU record for most first round picks in a single draft came in 2007 when four Tigers – JaMarcus RussellLaRon LandryDwayne Bowe and Craig Davis - went during the opening round.

LSU's NFL Draft Special will include interviews with national coach of the yearEd Orgeron as well as assistant coachesKevin Faulk and Mickey Joseph. The three-hour show will also include an interview with Burrow in what is his final interview before entering the NFL.

Blair will be joined on the broadcast byEmily Dixon and Cody Worsham of LSUsports.net as they interviewed many of LSU's draft hopefuls to discuss draft preparation and how they have prepared for the next level during these unprecedented times.

Another segment of the radio show will be a roundtable discussion with Blair and two former LSU standouts in Booger McFarland and Jacob Hester.

McFarland, who won Super Bowls with both the Buccaneers and the Colts, is currently part of ESPN's Monday Night Football broadcast team. McFarland was a first round draft pick of Tampa Bay in 1999.

Hester was a third round pick of the San Diego Chargers in 2008 and spent five years in the NFL, four with the Chargers and one with the Broncos.

Hester and McFarland will breakdown LSU's draft-eligible players and also take about their draft day experience.

"Road to the Pros: LSU Draft Special" 

Location, Affiliate, Frequency, Air Time
LSUsports.net/live, 2 p.m. CT
New Orleans, WWL Radio 870 AM/105.3 FM, 2 p.m. 
Ville Platte, 1050 AM, 2 p.m.
Lafayette/Opelousas, 103.7 FM, 6 p.m.
Baton Rouge, ESPN Radio 104.5/104.9 FM, 6 p.m.

The Draft is fast upon us. A few more notes.

The Senior Bowl. The LSU players in attendance, Blake Ferguson, Damien Lewis, Cushenberry and Stephen Sullivan. With 15 games along with Pro Day.

Because of the missing of games, sports betting has taken a little time off. So left with this, Vegas has opened this one up big time.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/draft/

Ok, for many, the Tigers should have at least 4 players taken in the first round.

Joe Burreaux being the first player taken.

From there, Chaisson, Jefferson, Fulton. Queen all seemed to be getting 1st round grades. Some talk, Delpit has the 1st round grade, but some having him slipping into the second. We will see.

Past those 6, Clyde and Cush seem to be the best guys to follow.

As always, team needs, best available come into play.

How many more get picked? Moss, Lawrence, Phillips, Charles, and Lewis all are in the mix.

Ferguson is another, with his brother spending time in the NFL, odds have him in the 7th. Because of his size and speed at the NFL Combine, Sullivan has that shot. Magee is another, he was thought to have been overtaken by players sometime during the season. Magee never gave up the position, even playing OT and both OG positions. So he will get into an NFL camp.

WR Derrick Dillion, a speed burner, can play on special teams, he too will get into a camp. Fehoko and Divinity are a couple more.

That puts it around 18 players moving on.

Best of luck to all players.

• Like 1