Gameday Tigers

Discussion of what did you cook/eat/drink tonight

Nutriaitch

• Nutriaitch changed the title to Discussion of what did you cook/eat/drink tonight

I can't brag about this one, frozen fish sticks (at least good frozen ones) and frozen sweet potato french fries.  Not bad.

Edited:  We did run them thru the oven first!!!  I just know there might be a smart ass out there! :classic_smile:

Edited by houtiger
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, COTiger said:

Damn.  How gallons is that?  IconLOL.gif.6d74f24a7dd619947edea50f63f93339.gif   Looks good!!

When I cook, I cook, it’s a big pot, but I feed a bunch, kids and grandkids. Plus a few in the neighborhood. In Tx, they love a good Gumbo. My good friend, his daughter is a little bitty thing, but she loved Boudin. The oldest granddaughter loves Crawfish Boudin from Tony’s Seafood, just Tony’s. I took her to Tony’s last summer, we went in the back with the owners, she got to watch them unload a truck with Crabs, they were culling the ones with only one claw. 

• Like 2

Don't have anything set yet but I want to cook something I have never cooked this weekend. One dish I haven't ever prepared is carne asada.  Thinking that might be it. Made my own homemade tortillas this past weekend w/ some shrimp fajitas.  So I've been in a Mexican sort of mood. I'll have to think about some sides.  Have to be create b/c son is lactose intolerant.

IMG_4658.jpg

Edited by Hatchertiger

15 hours ago, LSUDad said:

When I cook, I cook, it’s a big pot, but I feed a bunch, kids and grandkids. Plus a few in the neighborhood. In Tx, they love a good Gumbo. My good friend, his daughter is a little bitty thing, but she loved Boudin. The oldest granddaughter loves Crawfish Boudin from Tony’s Seafood, just Tony’s. I took her to Tony’s last summer, we went in the back with the owners, she got to watch them unload a truck with Crabs, they were culling the ones with only one claw. 

How many pounds of sausage & chicken?

49 minutes ago, COTiger said:

I was born & raised on rice & gravy.  Other than spaghetti & meatballs that's about it for me & pasta.

You are missing out on too much. I still like the Rice and Gravy. But I like a change. 
My grandmother was a great cook, I can remember Veal Cutlets cooked down, then she would dump in cooked rice in, to sop up the gravy. 
She was such a great cook, she had a cookbook dedicated to her. 

• Like 1

I have found a local source for grouper and red snapper.  Have been grilling a lot fish lately.  The people I am getting the fish from also have Tilefish for sale and they tell its very good. Has anyone ever tried some?  All of what they sell comes from off the coast of Louisiana.

Edited by Hatchertiger

15 hours ago, LSUDad said:

You are missing out on too much. I still like the Rice and Gravy. But I like a change. 
My grandmother was a great cook, I can remember Veal Cutlets cooked down, then she would dump in cooked rice in, to sop up the gravy. 
She was such a great cook, she had a cookbook dedicated to her. 

The Boss occasionally fixes a pasta dish.  I'm a good boy & I eat it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

I have found a local source for grouper and red snapper.  Have been grilling a lot fish lately.  The people I am getting the fish from also have Tilefish for sale and they tell its very good. Has anyone ever tried some?  All of what they sell comes from off the coast of Louisiana.

Just texted my friend that her dad was a commercial fisherman. She said, the best way to cook it, Pan sear it. She said it’s a flakey fish in texture. She loves it. I too have never heard of it. It had the look of a few different fishes. I thought grilling it, but she said no. She knows. She was born and raised on the water. 

Edited by LSUDad
  • Like 1

I made a home made mac and cheese, 1 lb of cooked macaroni, 1 lb. of shredded cheddar cheese, 1 can evaporated milk, Slap Ya Momma to taste, I like some red pepper in mine, like just enough to say "hello".  I like mine with some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce on the side.

image.thumb.png.297645771ab76a34874edfb8f3630818.png

Edited by houtiger
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LSUDad said:

Just texted my friend that her dad was a commercial fisherman. She said, the best way to cook it, Pan sear it. She said it’s a flakey fish in texture. She loves it. I too have never heard of it. It had the look of a few different fishes. I thought grilling it, but she said no. She knows. She was born and raised on the water.

Thanks for the information! Need to break out the black iron skillet then. The burner I use to cook things outdoors isn't working. For some reason the propane isn't  getting from the bottle to the burner. I will have to work on this weekend, if I can't get it to work I'll put the skillet on my gas grill on high until I can find a good replacement for my current set up.

EDIT: Fixed the burner!

Edited by Hatchertiger
  • Like 1

HT, what size can of evaporated milk? And how long to cook and what temp?  

Caddy posted, years ago, a Heart Attack Mac-N-Cheese recipe that  I have made dozens of times. I serve it at least 2 or 3 games a year at my tailgate.  If anyone is interested in it, I will post it. Very simple ingredients: Pasta, cheeses, heavy cream and seasoning to taste.

Edited by Hatchertiger