Gameday Tigers

Discussion of what did you cook/eat/drink tonight

Nutriaitch

50 minutes ago, COTiger said:

Those prices look steep.  Am I alone in thinking so.

I don’t know, but I like a nice platter, fresh seafood, consistency, I can keep adding to the list. But you get my drift.  I go there often, they have captured the public with their food and drinks. Many times you get what you pay for, this is one. 
But when I eat, most times, I don’t bother to look at prices, why should I, I know what I want. 
I know this, when I order Crab Bisque, I don’t have to go through a bowl just to find a piece of crab. 

But CO, they do have daily $9.99 specials. That can get Fried Fish, Shrimp of a combination of both, you can also get it Grilled. The same special, Crab Cake and Crab Bisque platter. They also don’t have a problem with substituting sides. 

They filet fish every morning. My friend that owns the place, her Dad was a commercial fisherman, all his life. The young Lady has done well. It’s the  busiest restaurant in the area by far. 

During Covid restrictions, they had a great take-out and delivery business. 

I find more and more Louisiana transplants there, so I guess they know good seafood also? 

If you make it this way, foods on me! 

It's not easy to get fresh seafood in CO.  If you do you're going to pay market price plus the next day shipping charges.  That's the reason I make my own gumbo, jambalaya, & other Cajun dishes.  When we do eat fish, it's typically fresh trout my oldest son catches.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, COTiger said:

It's not easy to get fresh seafood in CO.  If you do you're going to pay market price plus the next day shipping charges.  That's the reason I make my own gumbo, jambalaya, & other Cajun dishes.  When we do eat fish, it's typically fresh trout my oldest son catches.

Love fresh trout! 

15 hours ago, COTiger said:

My Aunt and Uncle ran a campground in Creede, Colorado. The campground was on a former Trout Hatchery. But my uncle knowing the area so well, he had spots, up in the Mountains, that you could catch Trout all day! Creede was a cool little town. 
Some of the best times were spending the entire day, Jeep riding across the Continental Divide! 
The Rio Grande Rivers starts not far from the town.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

spent the weekend basically off the grid in backwoods LandMass. 

found a couple good servings of Crawfish served up in a Louisiana Cafe

2C1AF3E8-3325-447C-B513-BB85F823A47E.jpeg

never heard of Michelob AmberBock before, but it wasn’t bad

D7F23CA2-1CB0-4DAA-9974-8844DD2C4C2E.jpeg

shyte was so good it was sideways apparently. 

on way home after crossing border back into America, hit up Don’s

Jacked up Oysters

77AE0514-21FA-4236-80CC-BAC9ABB08273.jpeg

Char Broiled Oysters

61734FB0-BF0E-4A4F-9C8B-121CD38FDFF2.jpeg

some ridiculously expensive Jack

BBD4BD98-EE40-4E2D-A8EA-2176584BF5C9.jpeg6C83CA60-13F7-49B8-94DD-E69AEA807FA2.jpeg

and some desert

1F06D584-0D2A-4B64-A2E9-5D91D424FDD0.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, COTiger said:

What is it?  It looks good.

Grilled Fish and Shrimp over a bed of Angel Hair Pasta, French Bread, Corn Maque Choux and Crock Taters. They do a great job. They have been in the restaurant business for over 100 years. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Burnt Ends! Get these at Costco’s. Microwave about 2 minutes, put a little water in a pot, cut into smaller pieces. It comes with its own BBQ Sauce, but I like a Mesquite or Hickory Smoked type. 

6EFE084E-AFC9-4BFF-B2AB-8DFA279C5958.thumb.jpeg.f511fc17d90089c2354055f45638405a.jpeg

Burnt Ends, New Potatoes, Yellow and Shoepeg Corn!

8F33D7BE-BB32-4EF0-96B3-FB5767AF0C52.thumb.jpeg.bd65612805f905c535072e662cee8f8e.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...