Gameday Tigers

Discussion of what did you cook/eat/drink tonight

Nutriaitch

Oh, this is my friend that owns the place. Basically raised in the Gulf on a boat. Her Dad, Captain Brad was a commercial fisherman. I am very glad to know her and happy for her to make it in the restaurant industry. The first time I went in, I thought she was the manager, I quickly learned, the little lady could run a restaurant. To open, get hit with Covid and never miss a beat. A true testament. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b3d42106a7a3cf30711d791ec6638c7f.jpeg

13 hours ago, COTiger said:

Can you elaborate on the ingredients?  Thanks

I know the page before you were asking about the prices being too high. The Crab Bisque and Crab Cake were on the lunch special for $9.99. Also the grilled fish and sautéd vegetables are also a lunch special for $9.99. My daughter wanted the Loaded Taters, that was a little extra. 

14 hours ago, LSUDad said:

Sorry, most of these pictures are from Texas! 

I was born in Orange, Texas just across the Sabine river.  You could find just as many Boudreaux's & Hebert's as you could find Smith's and Jones'.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, COTiger said:

I was born in Orange, Texas just across the Sabine river.  You could find just as many Boudreaux's & Hebert's as you could find Smith's and Jones'.

A good friend of mine, his wife is from Port Neches, not too far from there. My friend recruited and sign a player from Orange, you might remember him. 

https://zacharybroncofootball.com/coach-kendall-cleveland/

11 hours ago, LSUDad said:

A good friend of mine, his wife is from Port Neches, not too far from there. My friend recruited and sign a player from Orange, you might remember him. 

https://zacharybroncofootball.com/coach-kendall-cleveland/

I left SW LA when I joined the USAF in 1966.  I've been in CO since 1972 with the exception of one year I spent on a remote tour in Turkey while still in the USAF.  The most recognizable player from my area while was still in SW LA is Steve Worster, a FB from Bridge City who was signed by Darrell Royal and became the All American FB in the wishbone formation.

• 5 months later...

It is with sadness that I learned of the passing of Steve Worster recently.  I met him & some of his buddies when they would cross the Sabine river & visit the clubs just inside the LA line where the drinking age was 18 but very loosely enforced.  Steve would also come to Vinton when he got tired of dealing with the constant flow of recruiters.  RIP Woo!!!

Edited by COTiger
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...