Gameday Tigers

The story of Heisman Joe & Coach O: Forever Linked

Eq4bits

14 hours ago, LSUDad said:

Nice writeup, a good read. The last paragraph of the writeup, you know it, it’s another one of my stories. I’ll tell it later. 

From the last paragraph: “Joe officially became part of the team by signing the necessary paperwork on Sunday, May 20. It was the same day Billy Cannon, 80 years old and the biggest star in LSU football history, died at his farm home outside of St. Francisville.”

After the death of Cannon, my relatives that live in St Francisville, received a call from the Cannon Family. They had a Young racehorse, one of the many they couldn’t keep. My relatives went to the Cannon’s farm, decided to take the horse. They then moved it to the Lafayette area. From the Lafayette area, the Delahoussaye people were notified to train the racehorse. When talking to my relative about what had transpired , I told him, the Delahoussaye’s are also part of my family. They will let me know when the horse is ready to head to the track. I’m going to try to make it over to the racetrack.

As always, there is a little more to the story, but this is enough for now. 

Ready for Part 2. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eq4bits said:

Damn that's some good stuff!  I've never seen such glimpses into the day to day progress of the team, and the relationships.  This is a great job by the reporter, and thanks Eq4bits for posting.  Made my stay at home day a little brighter.

Excellent again!  Just wow.  We had no idea Joe had so much input into the offense.  Getting to play Chris Curry in the SEC Championship, that's putting a lot of faith in your QB!  Seeing Chris take advantage of it, shows Joe knows what he is doing, and Chris had the talent to deliver.  It wasn't Chris getting to start against Ga. Southern, that was the SEC Championship, that was bigtime.

The situation with Joe and O is unique.  Both are unique individuals, and honestly, I doubt O ever has that relationship with another player.  It may be a once in a lifetime deal.  They both have to enjoy it for what is was, and will continue to be for years to come.

• 3 months later...