Gameday Tigers

Booger Out From Monday Night Football.

LSUDad

Report: Booger McFarland, Joe Tessitore out as Monday Night Football commentators

Adam Spencer | 6 hours ago

There have been rumblings about ESPN trying to find people to replace Booger McFarland and Joe Tessitore as the Monday Night Football broadcasters.

Now, it appears the Worldwide Leader is indeed making a move to remove that duo.

Per Richard Deitsch, Tessitore and McFarland will not return and the new broadcasters will be current ESPN employees:

ESPN is going to have a new Monday Night Football booth. Joe Tessitore and Booger McFarland will not return, via sources. The successors will be internal. No decision has been made yet. Both Tessitore and McFarland will remain in prominent roles at ESPN.

As mentioned in the tweet above, both Booger and Tessitore will remain with the network moving forward. Booger continues to be a top NFL analyst on many of ESPN’s shows.

Who will be the new MNF analysts? That remains to be seen. Guys like Peyton Manning and Drew Brees reportedly turned down opportunities from ESPN this offseason.

On 5/10/2020 at 3:25 PM, LSUDad said:

Like minds, RC would do well. Flynn does a show in BTR with Hester, all three are knowledgeable, within the game. 

I was going to say Hester too...I've seen clips of that show. At 1st I did not realize that was Flynn and I was asking myself: "Who is that guy? He is pretty knowledgeable."  Then his name popped up and I understood why he was given a series of fat contracts.  Lol.

Booger McFarland explains why criticism he receives during his broadcasting career never gets to him

SDS Staff | 27 minutes ago

After only two years in the Monday Night Football booth, ESPN decided to move on from commentator Booger McFarland.

At least he lasted longer than Jason Witten.

ESPN has yet to officially announce the next broadcasting crew for Monday Night Football but McFarland and Joe Tessitore are out after two seasons together working the game. During his one year in the booth with McFarland and Tessitore, Witten was the target of much criticism before he decided to return to the Dallas Cowboys for the 2019 season.

With Witten gone, much of the negative publicity the Monday Night crew received was directed at McFarland. However, following a successful playing career, with much of that time spent in the limelight, McFarland says the negativity never got to him.

“I’ve been in the arena since I was 13, man. As an athlete, the cool part of having dealt with fans for years, you understand that fans are going to love you sometimes and fans are going to hate you sometimes. That is part of it,” McFarland said in an interview with the New York Post.

“Anytime you are the biggest fish in the pond, you have to deal with a lot of things.”

It’s unclear what his next role will be with ESPN, even McFarland is in the dark on that one, but he is expected to stay with ESPN and continue to work covering the NFL in some capacity.

“I have a couple of years left on my contract so I’m not going anywhere, so I’m assuming that we get through this pandemic and everything that is going on with that, we will figure it out,” McFarland added.

If nothing else, he’s taking the best approach to being replaced after barely getting an opportunity to show what he can do in the booth. Here’s to hoping the next time he has an opportunity of this magnitude, he’s given enough time to show what he has to offer.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Booger talking again, thoughts? 

Booger McFarland Wouldn't Let His Son Play College Football This Year 

23:46  10 august  2020 

Steelers sign RB Wendell Smallwood to 1-year deal 

steelers-sign-rb-wendell-smallwood-to-1-PITTSBURGH (AP) The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed running back Wendell Smallwood to a one-year deal, giving the backfield a bit of experienced depth heading into training camp. Smallwood joins a group that includes James Conner, Benny Snell Jr., Jaylen Samuels and rookie Anthony McFarland.The 26-year-old Smallwood played for Philadelphia for 2016-18 after being taken in the fifth round of the 2016 draft out of West Virginia. His rookie season included running for 79 yards and a touchdown against the Steelers. His rushing total in that game remains a career high.

ESPN's Booger McFarland went on Get Up Monday morning and stated emphatically that if he had a son he wouldn't let him play college football this year. He made some really good points along the way.

a man standing in front of a store© Provided by The Big Lead

McFarland said it makes no sense that we're being told its safe for kids to go to school and play football but not safe for fans to be in the stands or for kids to be in class. And it's obvious why we're being told that: major universities will lose a tremendous amount of money if games aren't played.