Gameday Tigers

2020 Tigers In The NFL

LSUDad

Shannon Sharpe is a large human being!!!  He dwarfs the two other people.  I think that is the best postgame interview about the nat. championship.  The one thing that frustrates me a little is the emphasis on "Clemson had the #1 defense in the nation against scoring", yes but they played a mundane schedule.

• Like 1

LSU Football: Joe Burrow is already the leader of the Cincinnati Bengals

LSU football's Joe Burrow in the National Championship game against the Clemson (Photo by Don Juan Moore/Getty Images)

LSU football's Joe Burrow in the National Championship game against the Clemson (Photo by Don Juan Moore/Getty Images)

LSU football’s Joe Burrow has some lofty expectations on him already.

LSU football’s Joe Burrow will be a rookie in the NFL in 2020, but it doesn’t seem like any of his teammates will view him as a first year player.

Burrow hasn’t been named the Bengals’ official starting quarterback just yet, but after the release of Andy Dalton, it’s obvious the former Tigers standout is “the guy” for the Bengals.

And it appears that his teammates are already all-in on Burrow being the leader of the team.

Cincinnati wide receiver AJ Green, a seven time Pro-Bowler who has played for the Bengals since 2011, said this week that he’s looking forward to training with Burrow.

Green, in fact, will go wherever Burrow is (when that’s possible) to make the workouts happen.

“I told him wherever he is, we’ll come to him. I don’t know where, when, how. It’s all who can fly where and when. He’s the quarterback. He makes his location and we have to get there”, said Green this week to Bengals.com.

“It’s all about he’s going to be the leader of our team. I just want to put that in him already to where he feels comfortable leading”, added Green.

Buy Now!

It’s not often that we hear a veteran with a resumé like Green’s talk that way about a rookie.

But that just shows the respect that Green and the rest of the Bengals have for Burrow.

They know the Heisman Trophy winner has the potential to turn the franchise around. They clearly aren’t skeptical of the hype surrounding Burrow.

There’s no doubt that Burrow, Green and the rest of the Bengals are eager to get to work. But with coronavirus related restrictions still in place, it’s unclear when they’ll be able to get together to start their offseason plans together.

Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy says ex-LSU RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire has 'some special traits'

Adam Spencer | 2 hours ago

The Kansas City Chiefs used the final pick of the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft to select LSU RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

Edwards-Helaire was fresh off a fantastic season with LSU, helping the Tigers win the national title. Now, he heads to the reigning Super Bowl champions.

00:11
03:44

On Tuesday, Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy spoke with local reporters and said he sees big things coming from the ex-LSU standout (via Chiefs.com😞

“I think the kid’s got some special traits, but I also believe our players are going to help him to grow to become even more of a special contributor when it’s all said and done with,” Bieniemy said.

Bieniemy was also asked about Edwards-Helaire’s blocking ability. He said he thinks Edwards-Helaire has the desire and skills to handle picking up pass rushers on occasion:

“We’ve had this discussion with him,” Bieniemy said. “You know what? Sometimes you see college kids put some good stuff on tape. Sometimes you see them put some poor stuff on tape. The thing that we do know is that he does have the willingness to block. He understands that’s a huge asset that’s going to help him moving forward to get him on the field and contribute to what we do on our side of the ball. But one thing I will say — he does have the attitude and the mindset to get it done, so I’m not concerned with that.”

The Chiefs have a few players at the running back position, so we’ll see this year what sort of role he’s able to carve out for himself.

• Like 1

Former LSU CB Kristian Fulton explains why he will wear No. 26 with the Titans

Adam Spencer | 4 hours ago

Former LSU CB Kristian Fulton wore jersey No. 22 for part of his Tiger career before switching to No. 1 in 2019.

Now a member of the Tennessee Titans, the second round 2020 NFL Draft pick will wear No. 26, and there’s an interesting reason behind it.

00:12

00:12

Fulton was considered a potential first-round pick, but fell to the No. 63 overall selection in Round 2, where the Titans scooped him up. Fulton was the ninth cornerback to be taken, and he said on “The Official Titans Podcast” this week that wearing No. 26 signifies that (via 247Sports😞

“It’s just a reminder for me everyday that I had eight corners selected before me,” Fulton said. “So, you add it [2+6] up, and it’s a reminder for me everyday.”

That might sound like a bit of a stretch, but hey, if it works for Fulton, that’s all that matters.

We’ll see how he fares as a rookie and if he’s able to prove he should have been drafted much higher than No. 63 overall.

• Like 1

Former LSU DB Kristian Fulton names Tigers teammates he's excited to face in NFL

SDS Staff | 2 hours ago

With so many LSU Tigers in the NFL, former defensive back Kristian Fulton knows he’ll frequently be playing against former teammates on Sundays.

The topic came up when Fulton recently stopped by the Official Titans Podcast. As for the teammate he’s most excited to face, it’s his former quarterback.

“I definitely got to go with Joe (Burrow),” Fulton said. “Number-one pick. Teammate. I’m definitely looking forward to playing against him. It’s crazy, but it’s definitely going to be a fun experience having those guys at different teams. It seems like I’m going to be playing somebody from LSU every week. So, I’m looking forward to it.”

Burrow wasn’t the only former teammate Fulton mentioned.

“D.J. Chark for Jacksonville — we had a couple battles in practice,” Fulton said. “So, it’s going to be fun to get some games for us together.”

Fulton’s Titans and Chark’s Jaguars will be seeing each other twice a season as AFC South rivals. Tennessee and Burrow’s Cincinnati Bengals don’t play every year, but will meet in Week 8 of the 2020 season.

Fulton was drafted No. 63 overall by the Titans in the second round of the 2020 NFL Draft. He has made it clear that he’s using being the ninth cornerback drafted as motivation this season, so Burrow and Chark he won’t be taking it easy on his old friends.

• Like 1

John Harbaugh says former LSU LB Patrick Queen could start for Ravens as a rookie this fall

Adam Spencer | 34 minutes ago

Coming off a year in which he was a huge part of LSU’s championship-winning defense, LB Patrick Queen was selected by the Baltimore Ravens in Round 1 of the 2020 NFL Draft.

Now, as he prepares for his rookie season, there’s a chance he could be in the starting lineup from Week 1.

02:01

During a call this week, Ravens coach John Harbaugh discussed what he likes about Queen and Round 3 LB Malik Harrison (via BaltimoreRavens.com😞

“Let [Queen] use his speed and instincts to run around and make plays in all three phases, be a three-down guy both in our base package and sub package,” Harbaugh said. “Those two guys (Queen and Malik Harrison) will be kind of roaming in there at those two linebacker spots … and we’ll see just how much playing time they earn. We expect them to play a lot of football this year. We’re really fired up about those two guys.”

Queen had 85 tackles (12 for a loss), 3 sacks and 1 interception for LSU in 2019.

How much playing time will he get this fall? It sounds like Harbaugh likes what he sees so far.

• Like 2

Former Colts GM Bill Polian compares Joe Burrow to Peyton Manning

Adam Spencer | 5 hours ago

Two-time Super Bowl champion and Tennessee legend Peyton Manning was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1998 NFL Draft, going to the Indianapolis Colts.

This past April, LSU star Joe Burrow went No. 1 overall to the Cincinnati Bengals, where he’ll likely start from Week 1.

00:04

00:17

During a radio appearance on Monday, former Colts GM Bill Polian said he sees a few similarities between Manning and Burrow (via 247Sports😞

“There are similarities to Peyton (Manning),” Polian said on 106.7 The Fan’s The Sports Junkies on Monday. “There really are. He’s much more mobile than Peyton was, but otherwise, the accuracy, the anticipation, the calm demeanor, the competitiveness. He’s got the so-called intangibles that every great quarterback has. That comes shining through when you watch the film.”

Interestingly, Manning holds the record for most interceptions thrown by a rookie quarterback, tossing 28 in 1998.

However, he then went on to win 2 Super Bowl titles, 1 with the Colts and 1 with the Denver Broncos. How will Burrow fare in his career? We’ll find out starting this fall.

• Like 1

NFL analyst says Justin Jefferson upgrades Vikings' offense

ByJAYLON THOMPSON Jun 6, 4:25 PM 

Justin Jefferson heads into his rookie season with big shoes to fill. The former LSU product was drafted 22nd overall in the NFL Draft by the Minnesota Vikings and will be tasked with replacing Stefon Diggs in the offense.

Diggs spent five seasons with the Vikings. He has eclipsed 1,000 yards in back-to-back seasons and is an established route runner. Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousinslooked for Diggs a lot in the offense as the duo connected for 15 touchdowns the last two seasons.

Jefferson must replace Diggs’ production alongside Adam Thielen and other playmakers in the offense. NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah believes that Jefferson will be an ideal fit for the Vikings this season.

On his “Move The Sticks” podcast, Jeremiah said that Jefferson could end up being better than Diggs when the season concludes.

“I’ve been on record and I think this could be an upgrade for the Minnesota Vikings,” Jeremiah said. “Stefon Diggs is an outstanding player and the Buffalo Bills hope that he can be the No. 1 wide receiver for Josh Allen. But, I think when you look at Justin Jefferson he gives you a little more size and he is going to win right now in the slot. He is going to be very trustworthy as a pass-catcher in Minnesota for their quarterback in Kirk Cousins. I think he is going to be outstanding there.”

Jefferson was stellar in his final season at LSU. He was a favorite target of Joe Burrow, now with the Cincinnati Bengals, as he had 111 receptions, 1540 receiving yards and 18 touchdowns in 15 games.

He showcased his elite skill set with four touchdowns against the Oklahoma Sooners in the College Football Playoffs. Jefferson finished the semifinal with 14 catches, 227 receiving yards and those four scores.

Many were impressed with his overall game. He caught the attention of the Vikings who love his athleticism and physicality on the field.

“Justin's a good player,” Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer said after the NFL Draft. “He's a guy that we really, really liked. I know the offensive staff really liked him – a tough, competitive guy. Goes up and gets the football, a hard worker, he makes a lot of contested catches. A really good player, a good kid. He played a very similar offense in college, so I think he'll fit in well.”

While Jefferson played in the slot at LSU, he will make the transition to the outside. The move will not be a problem as Jefferson said he has experience playing on the perimeter. He is excited to get to work with the entire offense.

“Words cannot describe the feeling," Jefferson said. "My heart pounding as soon as I'm receiving the phone call and realizing that I'm finally becoming a professional athlete and playing for an NFL team. It's definitely exciting, and I'm ready to join the team.”

Pro Football Focus thinks Jefferson will have an opportunity to thrive as a rookie. They ranked him as one of the top receivers that are entering great situations.

Stefon Diggs and his 6.1 targets per game are gone and now completely up for grabs in the Vikings' offense,” the website said. “The key here is also the big-play aspect. Diggs was tasked with getting vertical in the Vikings' offense. His 15.6 average depth of target was the ninth-highest among receivers with at least 50 targets last year. Those are the far more valuable targets that Jefferson should absorb and excel at right off the bat.”

Add NFL Hall of Fame receiver Michael Irvin to the list of those impressed with Jefferson. Irvin agrees that Jefferson will have a good start to his career.

“This kid can flat-out play football," Irvin said after the draft. “He made great plays deep, he made plays over the top of people, and … he can take short passes and make long plays out of them.”

• Like 2

Why Joe Burrow’s new teammates are already impressed by his leadership

by Zach Ragan17 hours agoFollow @zachTNT

LSU football quarterback Joe Burrow (Photo by Alika Jenner/Getty Images)

LSU football quarterback Joe Burrow (Photo by Alika Jenner/Getty Images)

Former LSU football quarterback Joe Burrow is already making a big impression on his new teammates.

This shouldn’t come as a surprise, but former LSU football quarterback Joe Burrow is already impressing his new Cincinnati Bengals teammates with his incredible leadership abilities.

Former Florida State wide receiver Auden Tate, who was selected by the Bengals in the seventh round of the 2018 NFL Draft, recently spoke about Burrow’s approach during the virtual offseason and it’s clear that the former Tigers signal-caller has made a big impression in Cincinnati.

Tate said Burrow has been able to own the virtual locker room during zoom meetings. The Bengals wide receiver added that he’s “real confident” in Burrow already, despite not meeting Cincinnati’s new quarterback face-to-face yet.

"Even in meetings, he speaks up and doesn't waiver. I'm confident in the dude already and haven't met him face to face."

Joe Burrow is owning the virtual locker room. #Bengals @fox19

Embedded video

Leading is just what Joe Burrow does

What Burrow accomplished on the field during his time at LSU was obviously impressive. But that’s not what separates him from the rest of the young quarterbacks that have been selected in the NFL Draft in recent years.

Burrow’s confidence and ability to lead is what gives him the potential to be an all-time great quarterback in the NFL.

The former LSU standout has the same traits that we’ve seen in great athletes like Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and Tom Brady. Burrow has an insatiable desire to win. And he demands greatness from his teammates, no matter the situation. Burrow has the ability to elevate the play of those around him. 

Buy Now!

That’s what truly makes a player great. In team sports — especially football — one player can’t do it all by himself. An athlete can have all the talent in the world, but if they don’t make those around them better, then it won’t matter. The team simply won’t win at the highest level.

Burrow is the total package. And it’s clear he already has the trust of his new teammates.

Cincinnati should go ahead and get accustomed to playing in January because I have a feeling the Bengals are going to be a fixture in the playoffs in the not-so-distant future.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A trade. 

Jets agree to trade safety Jamal Adams to Seahawks in blockbuster deal involving multiple first-round picks

5m ago1 min read
clear.gif

A day after slamming coach Adam Gase's leadership and indicating general manager Joe Douglas was open to trading him elsewhere, All-Pro New York Jetssafety Jamal Adams has gotten his wish to depart the Big Apple. CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora confirms the Jets have agreed to trade Adams to the Seattle Seahawks as part of a blockbuster deal including two first-round draft picks.

The Jets will receive safety Bradley McDougald, a 2021 first-round pick, a 2021 third-round pick and a 2022 first-round pick in exchange for Adams and a 2022 fourth-rounder, according to the terms reported by ESPN's Adam Schefter and confirmed by La Canfora.

Ten of 14 LSU 2020 NFL draft choices have signed contracts

justinjeff1.jpg Former LSU receiver Justin "Jets" Jefferson is the only Tigers' 2020 signed NFL draft choice so far with a fully guaranteed contract. PHOTO BY JONATHAN MAILHES

With NFL rookies already in training camps and veterans reporting Tuesday, 10 of the 14 LSU players chosen in the 2020 draft have signed contracts.

Former Tigers’ Heisman Trophy winning QB Joe Burrow, the overall No. 1 pick by the Cincinnati Bengals, is the only unsigned first round selection of LSU’s five first round picks.

Burrow’s contract is expected to be a four-year deal (with a fifth-year option) worth $36,190,137 with $23,880,100 signing bonus.

Here’s a look who’s signed and their contract details and who hasn’t from the 2019 national champions:

SIGNED

K’Lavon Chaisson, OLB, 1st round by Jacksonville (No. 20 overall): Signed a 4-year, $13,344,613 contract, including a $7,265,172 signing bonus and an average annual salary of $3,336,153. In 2020, Chaisson will earn a base salary of $610,000 and a signing bonus of $7,265,172. Has 5th year option, Has $10.3 million (signing bonus, 2021 salary and 2022 salary) of his contract guaranteed.

Justin Jefferson, WR, 1st round by Minnesota (No. 22 overall): Signed a 4-year, $13,122,805 contract, including a $7,103,856 signing bonus and an average annual salary of $3,280,701. In 2020, Jefferson will earn a base salary of $610,000 and a signing bonus of $7,103,856. Has 5th year option, Has entire contract fully guaranteed.

Patrick Queen, ILB, 1st round by Baltimore (No. 28 overall): Signed a 4-year, $12,161,671 contract, including a $6,404,852 signing bonus, and an average annual salary of $3,040,418. In 2020, Queen will earn a base salary of $610,000 and a signing bonus of $6,404,852. Has 5th year option, Has $11,483,261 of his contract guaranteed,

Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, 1st round by Kansas City (No. 28 overall): Signed a 4-year, $10,821,570 contract, including a $5,430,232 signing bonus and an average annual salary of $2,705,393. In 2020, Edwards-Helaire will earn a base salary of $610,000 and a signing bonus of $5,430,232. Has 5th year option, Has $8.12 million (signing bonus, 2021 salary and 2022 salary) of his contract guaranteed.

Grant Delpit, S, 2nd round by Cleveland (No. 28 overall): Signed a 4-year, $7,465,062 contract, including a $2,989,136 signing bonus and an average annual salary of $1,866,266. In 2020, Delpit will earn a base salary of $610,000 and a signing bonus of $2,989,136. Has $3,938,457 of his contract guaranteed.

Lloyd Cushenberry, C, 3rd round by Denver (No. 83 overall): Signed a 4-year, $4,655,990 contract, including a $946,176 signing bonus and an average annual salary of $1,163,998. In 2020, Cushenberry will earn a base salary of $610,000 and a signing bonus of $946,176. Has $946,176 (signing bonus) of his contract guaranteed.

Jacob Phillips, ILB, 3rd round by Cleveland (No. 97 overall): Signed a 4-year, $4,499,405 contract, including a $832,296 signing bonus and an average annual salary of $1,124,851. In 2020, Phillips will earn a base salary of $610,000 and a signing bonus of $832,296. Has $832,296 (signing bonus) of his contract guaranteed.

Saahdiq Charles, OL, 4th round by Washington (No. 108 overall): Signed a 4-year, $4,094,372 contract, including a $799,372 signing bonus and an average annual salary of $1,023,593. In 2020, Charles will earn a base salary of $610,000 and a signing bonus of $799,372. Has $799,372 (signing bonus) of his contract guaranteed.

Rashard Lawrence, DE, 4th round by Arizona (No. 131 overall): Signed a 4-year, $3,979,084 contract, including a $684,084 signing bonus and an average annual salary of $994,771. In 2020, Lawrence will earn a base salary of $610,000 and a signing bonus of $684,084. Ha $684,084 (signing bonus) of his contract guaranteed.

Blake Ferguson, LS, 6th round by Miami (No. 185 overall): Signed a 4-year, $3,485,448 contract, including a $190,448 signing bonus and an average annual salary of $871,362. In 2020, Ferguson will earn a base salary of $610,000 and a signing bonus of $190,448, Has $190,448 (signing bonus) of his contract guaranteed.

UNSIGNED

Joe Burrow, QB, 1st round by Cincinnati Bengals, (No. 1 overall)

Kristian Fulton, CB, 2nd round by Tennessee (No. 61 overall)

Damien Lewis, OG, 3rd round by Seattle (No. 69 overall)

Stephen Sullivan, TE, 7th round by Seattle (No. 251 overall)

18 hours ago, LSUDad said:

K’Lavon Chaisson, OLB, 1st round by Jacksonville (No. 20 overall): Signed a 4-year, $13,344,613 contract, including a $7,265,172 signing bonus and an average annual salary of $3,336,153. In 2020, Chaisson will earn a base salary of $610,000 and a signing bonus of $7,265,172. Has 5th year option, Has $10.3 million (signing bonus, 2021 salary and 2022 salary) of his contract guaranteed.

Welcome to the real world son!

• Haha 2

I saw a TV program some years back about some household name NFL players that went bankrupt within 5 years of retiring.  The first thing they said is that since they never had money (nor their families), they didn't know anything about it and how to handle it.  But then, it was income tax (federal and state), local property tax on their mansion, the percentage their agent took, the divorce settlement when the wife left them after they retired, and child support for children of their marriage and from outside their marriage (see divorce).  They had over-spent, thinking they could afford anything.  They were approached by family members for help.  They were approached by crooked businessmen to invest in ventures that failed, but they did not have the business experience to realize what risky ventures they were.

I hope some got good financial planners to work with, but obviously not all of them did.

Earl Campbell said that was one thing Bum Phillips did for all of the Oilers, he talked to the whole team about not blowing the money they made.  Earl played in the '70's so he made some money, but not like today.  Earl has lived a comfortable life financially, he's ok.  They sell Earl Campbell sausage over here, but I don't know how involved he is, or if he just puts his name on it.

• Like 1

Joe Burrow comes to terms:

Joe Burrow, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2020 draft, has agreed in principle to a $36.1M contract with the Bengals pending a physical later this week, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. The rookie quarterback is receiving 100% of his $23.88 million signing bonus from the Bengals within 15 days of executing his contract. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/joe-burrow-bengals-reach-agreement-on-contract-heres-what-the-terms-look-like-per-report/

Guess he'll be moving out of his parent's basement LOL ?

Edited by Hatchertiger
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yep, he’s still in the league! 

Former LSU lineman Al Woods decides to opt-out of the 2020 NFL season after signing with the Jaguars this offseason

Michael Wayne Bratton | 32 minutes ago

Al Woods was excited about starting his Jaguars career in 2020, that is until the COVID-19 pandemic began.

Now the former LSU lineman has made the tough decision to sit out the upcoming NFL season.

Woods played with the Seattle Seahawks in 2019 and signed with the Jaguars this offseason. During his 11-year NFL career, Woods has suited up for the Indianapolis Colts, Tennessee Titans, Pittsburgh Steelers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

On Friday, he released the following statement stating his decision to sit out the coming NFL season.

Raiders sign RB Jeremy Hill to active roster

The Las Vegas Raiders have added another running back to their already deep roster. After news broke during the week that the team was working out veteran Jeremey Hill, the Raiders appear to have agreed to a deal with the former Bengals’ running back.

Hill confirmed the deal on his Twitter page on Sunday morning (we are still waiting on official word from the team and a corresponding move.)

Hill last played in the NFL in Week 1 of the 2018 season, when he carried the ball four times for 25 yards for the New England Patriots. He was injured in that contest, trading his ACL and was placed on the injured reserve list. Hill did not play football in 2019 as he was recovering from surgery.

The Raiders needed to add another veteran running back after Devontae Booker was placed on the COVID-19 reserve list. However, Hill isn’t guaranteed a roster spot with Josh Jacobs, Jalen Richard and Lynn Bowden Jr. all ahead of him on the depth chart. It will be interesting to see if the team will carry four running backs into the 2020 season.

Hill has started 43 games in the NFL, rushing for 2,898 yards and 29 touchdowns. The best year of his career came during his rookie season when he tallied 1,339 yards from scrimmage on 249 touches. Hill played college football at LSU, rushing for 2,156 yards and 28 touchdowns in two seasons.

• Like 1

Derrius Guice arrested on domestic violence charges, released by Washington’s NFL team

(John McDonnell/The Washington Post)
(John McDonnell/The Washington Post) 
By 
August 7, 2020 at 6:36 p.m. CDT

Shortly after running back Derrius Guice was arrested Friday on domestic violence-related charges, the Washington Football Team announced it was releasing the 23-year-old running back.

Guice faces charges that include one count of strangulation, a felony, according to a spokesman for the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office. The other charges are three counts of assault and battery as well as one count of destruction of property.

Guice turned himself in at the Loudoun Adult Detention Center shortly after 5 p.m. He was handcuffed in the parking lot of the facility before being taken inside. Guice was released on bond and shortly before 7:30 p.m. was seen driving away in a silver Range Rover.

Washington Football Team running back Derrius Guice is handcuffed outside a Loudoun County jail on Friday. (Nicki Jhabvala/The Washington Post)
Washington Football Team running back Derrius Guice is handcuffed outside a Loudoun County jail on Friday. (Nicki Jhabvala/The Washington Post) 

A team statement released less than two hours after Guice was taken into custody said club officials learned of the allegations against Guice on Thursday and notified the NFL. They then met with Guice and told him he was excused from team activities while the club reviewed the situation.

“This afternoon we learned that there were multiple charges filed against Derrius,” the statement said. “Upon review of the nature of these charges and following internal discussions, we have decided to release Derrius immediately.”

Guice hired Peter D. Greenspun, a criminal attorney in Northern Virginia who has worked on numerous high-profile cases, including representing D.C. sniper John Allen Muhammad in his capital murder trial in 2003 and sportscaster Marv Albert on sodomy charges in 1997.

As Guice turned himself in, he stood on a corner in the parking lot with an officer before two women approached him, spoke to him briefly and then waited as the officer handcuffed him. Guice was led inside moments before Greenspun pulled up and walked inside the detention center. About an hour later, Greenspun walked out, without Guice, and drove off. He declined to comment.

AD

The arrest came after three incidents were reported to the Montgomery County Police Department in Maryland, where the victim lives, according to the sheriff’s office. The department determined three assaults — which occurred Feb. 14, March 13 and April 17 — took place at Guice’s home in Ashburn. The sheriff’s office learned of the accusations July 22. The investigation was coordinated by officials in Loudoun and Montgomery counties. Guice was released on a $10,000 unsecured bond.

Washington selected Guice in the second round of the 2018 draft after the running back fell out of the first round because of questions about his maturity and durability. At the time, the team felt it had gotten a bargain — a gifted runner from Baton Rouge who had starred at his hometown LSU. But a promising professional career was derailed in Washington’s first preseason game that summer when he tore the ACL in his left knee following his first big run.

Guice recovered and started last year’s season opener at Philadelphia, only to tear the meniscus in his right knee and miss the next eight games. He returned in November and played well in a four-week stretch that included rushing 10 times for 129 yards and two touchdowns in a 29-21 victory at Carolina. He sprained the medial collateral ligament in his left knee during a Dec. 8 loss at Green Bay and sat out the rest of the season as a precaution.