Gameday Tigers

LSU vs Florida - 2018

houtiger

What are your thoughts on this game, in the Swamp.  LSU opens a 2.5 point favorite in Vegas.

Florida put on a strong show beating Miss St. 13 - 6, at least their defense put on a great show holding State to 6 points.  Florida moved up in the rankings from unranked to #22.

Florida is 4-1, with their loss to a solid #13 ranked Kentucky team.  They have wins over Tenn. and previously ranked Miss. St and a couple of cup cakes.  Mullen is a proven good coach.

UF's win over Miss St won't impress me until we know how good Kentucky really is. And I'm not sure if I'm impressed with UF holding Miss St to 6 points, or Miss St holding UF to 13. UF gave up 27 & 21 points to UK & Tenn respectively, so I'm not on the bandwagon with UF's defense.

LSU wins in the Swamp, 31-13.

Im with hatch regarding the score. 

Was not impressed at all with their game against MSU. MSU is a poorly coached team with an inaccurate QB and a defense that stays on the field too long. 

UF has some talent, but they are not scary at all offensively. The horizontal passing they used against MSU won't work against us. But we aren't throwing up a ton of points in the swamp. 

2 hours ago, LSUfan71 said:

UF's win over Miss St won't impress me until we know how good Kentucky really is. And I'm not sure if I'm impressed with UF holding Miss St to 6 points, or Miss St holding UF to 13. UF gave up 27 & 21 points to UK & Tenn respectively, so I'm not on the bandwagon with UF's defense.

LSU wins in the Swamp, 31-13.

Glad you made it!

I watched the replay of the Fla. vs Miss St game on SECN (part of it, not all).  The announcers (Greg McElroy was one) were saying that Fla. does not have a lot of beef on the d-line, they are lighter, longer and faster than in the past.  But they are susceptible to a power run game if you have big uglies up front.  They also said Fla. may have lost their claim to DBU, as they don't have the top talent they did in years past, its good, but not elite.

Now this is just funny!

Public officials making friendly bets on football games all the day, and two former SEC coaches made an interesting one on Tuesday (Oct. 2).

Early Tuesday afternoon, former LSU coach Les Miles tweeted a bet to former Florida coach Steve Spurrier that the Tigers would beat the Gators in Gainesville on Saturday. Later on, Spurrier fired back the stakes, which incorporate Miles' infamous propensity to chew turf during games.

.@CoachLesMiles shoot, we're going to win on Saturday. If we don't, I'll eat some of that grass of yours. When we do win, you're wearing my visor! #GoGatorshttps://t.co/6asGecE37v

-- Coach Steve Spurrier (@SteveSpurrierUF) October 2, 2018

I saw coach O's press conf. after practice today, and for the first time he indicated that they are trying to redshirt Brennan this year.  He is aware that Brennan can play in up to 4 games.  Against La. Tech O said they discussed sending Andre Sale into the game late as they did not want to use up one of Brennan's 4 games in a short amount of playing time.  That didn't make a lot of sense to me, as there are not 4 target games remaining where Miles could get significant playing time.  I wondered why we didn't play Miles earlier, but then I thought that with this being the first season that Burrow is a starter, he needed all the work he could get to get ready for the SEC schedule, and I would say that has worked out well.

He again said Cushenberry is the most consistent OL man and they are happy to get him back.  I think his backup is Cole Smith, and O said he is not quite ready for the SEC.  He said they are looking to Travez Moore to help with the pass rush this week, Eric Monroe will not play this week.  They asked O why Giles has not produced at WR as we expected, and O said he is not sure what it going on, but he acknowledged that last year in practice he was "dynamic", that Giles is a good player, and they expect him to break through this year. 

On 10/3/2018 at 5:46 PM, houtiger said:

I watched the replay of the Fla. vs Miss St ...  But they are susceptible to a power run game if you have big uglies up front.  

No idea on what is going on with Moo U/FU, but aren't they a power run team?  

We don't need no cellphone speed dial!
We don't need no coaches imagining death threats!
We don't need no shark humpers!
We don't need no hurricane delay!
We don't need no overtime!
We don't need no fake field goal!

WE COMING!!!!!

Archived