Gameday Tigers

Demolishing Dorms

NS Mom

Six dorms will be demolished at LSU.  One of the six is Miller, my freshman year dorm.  

I thought I was lucky to be in one of the best dorms on campus and... it had air conditioning.  There were two bathrooms on each floor with a row of six shower stalls.  Wearing flip flops was a must.  I also remember our phone number “1477”

I will never forget move in day.  My mom was helping me unpack my things and dad was hauling up a tiny refrigerator.  When they left, I was a little sad, but more excited to see what college life was all about.

Living in Miller Was one of the best times I had at LSU.  

http://www.wbrz.com/news/lsu-set-to-demolish-replace-older-dorms-on-campus/

50 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

You mean Miller Manor? My daughter lived there her freshman year. She will be sad to know its coming down.

Yes, feels like another piece of my youth is being taken away.  Every time we go on campus, I point out to my son that I lived in that dorm.  He always says, yes, you’ve told me this a “million” times. Now, I can aggravate him and say that used to be the site of Miller dorm, I lived there when I was a freshman.?

4 hours ago, NS Mom said:

Yes, feels like another piece of my youth is being taken away.  Every time we go on campus, I point out to my son that I lived in that dorm.  He always says, yes, you’ve told me this a “million” times. Now, I can aggravate him and say that used to be the site of Miller dorm, I lived there when I was a freshman.?

Same here. Every time we pass Hatcher Hall, I point out to my family where my room was freshman year LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived