Gameday Tigers

LSU vs (@?) Mizzou

Nutriaitch

47 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

So we playing a “home” game on the road at Mizzou. 

11am kick so time for day drinking

GEAUX

I would 0f been doing the same thing if it was a 8pm game like it was supposed to,  harder to stay awake the whole game the later it gets.

🍻

Now lets start out by getting the run going and hopefully everything else will click.

from the penthouse to the outhouse in one year.....

I didn't expect us to challenge to make the playoff, but I also didn't expect this fall down on defense.  We don't have the experience, but we are supposed to have talented players.

Edited by houtiger

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

from the penthouse to the outhouse in one year.....

I didn't expect us to challenge to make the playoff, but I also didn't expect this fall down on defense.  We don't have the experience, but we are supposed to have talented players.

It's not like we didn't have a lot of changes.

New DC, new passing coordinator, new starting QB, new AD, best DT and WR (arguably) opting off the team, Covid-19 forcing complete reset of the schedule, some new graduate transfer faces, no Death Valley crowds or tailgating...the list goes on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herb said:

It's not like we didn't have a lot of changes.

New DC, new passing coordinator, new starting QB, new AD, best DT and WR (arguably) opting off the team, Covid-19 forcing complete reset of the schedule, some new graduate transfer faces, no Death Valley crowds or tailgating...the list goes on.

That's true, but other schools are dealing with similar issues.  Mizzou has a new head coach and OC, beat us with a redshirt frosh QB, and seven players out sick with COVID off their 2-deep depth chart.

Even Stingley looks a step slower than last year, I wonder how fully recovered he is from the hospital.

Ricks looks great on certain plays, then he looks lost on others.  I got spoiled last year with Sr. Kristian Fulton.

Still a glaring bust in the secondary, two defenders go after a receiver, one runs uncontested for a TD.

Watched the game with a bunch of people while relocated at my bro's house in Houston for the hurricane including a former roommate of mine who lives there.  We got caught up with one another while watching the game over a few cold ones and some "whiskey cokes", so I'm a little hazy on some of the details. Normally don't do that during the game but he had to leave after the game and who knows when we will be together again. Having him there and reliving our "glory days" at LSU is what allowed me to maintain my sanity during the game. I watched enough to know that the D was porous at best but we still could have won the game at the end even if maybe we didn't "deserve" to. Scheme? Coaching? Players? All of the above? None of the above?  Well even though I recorded it I'm not watching it again to get better insight.  Can it be fixed? I guess it depends what the problem really is.

One thing I will say in the positive is: Myles Brennan.  I don't think anyone should have a question about whether he is "the guy." He is.  And he is just getting comfortable, you can see that in his game.

Gonna be a looooong week 😞

• Like 2