Gameday Tigers

LSU vs So Carolina

Nutriaitch

1 hour ago, Nutriaitch said:

enough of the dumb shyte. 

let’s kick some ass for a change

Amen to that bro!  Paralysis by analysis ... punch 'em in the fng mouth!!!!!!!!!

I miss being on campus for gamday, the sites, sounds and smells and that vibe you get when you first hear somebody crank up "Pre-Game" Da-da-da duh!  The first cold one of the day / morning 🙂 Making the best of it "homegating", the upside is unlimited food for our menu, with being inside, perfect weather every game and no lines in the bathroom.  Had to make one guest do 50 push ups for the Moo State game for suggesting we "homegate" and not tailgate from now on. Blasphemy!!!!! 15 people coming over later so I need to get busy setting it all up and getting some food going.

GO TIGERS!!!!

• Like 1

One of my concerns going into the season was knowing if Brennan was injured, we are going with 2 true frosh for backups.  That is not usually a prescription for success.  I read both are expected to play.  I hear Johnson is a better runner of the two.  If Johnson goes in, I wonder if he has a package of plays he likes, more RPO.

It was a good game, not a great game.  The offense still has some teeth.  Finley played very well for a freshman.  When he threw the pick, the play before he fired a bullet into a midrange receiver, nice hard play.  I think he was feeling it like he was invincible.  Very next play, he fired another rocket to the sideline but he and the receiver were not on the same page, he got picked.  Get a little over confident, make a mistake.  But that's what freshmen do.  Emery and TDP looked good, o-line looked better, but S. Carolina D may just be softer than Mizzou.  On defense, there are still receivers running basically free in the secondary.  Play was improved, but we've got a LONG way to go.  The Alabama receivers will go through us like a hot knife through butter.  We still have to play three top ten teams, haven't played one yet.

• Like 2

Loved the Ricks-Six. Otherwise known as a pastry with icing!

kick off retun for TD was awesome!

Impressed with Finley and Johnson (the little bit we saw him) 

how different this season would be if we’d had the couple of warm up games before SEC play.

I’m not worried about the offense whichever QB is in;  question is was the D a fluke or will we see more improvement?

There is some talk that Finley should become the starter.  I disagree, when Brennan recovers I think he is still the starter.  Not because he's a redshirt junior, but I think he plays better than Finley.  Finley didn't throw a lot of long passes, probably was the game plan, but while he hit a couple, he was poor on a couple also.  I think overall, Myles is better on the long ball, and they both are fine on short to intermediate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eq4bits said:

how different this season would be if we’d had the couple of warm up games before SEC play.

probably not much if at all. 

front end of schedule was loaded with cupcakes of the conference. Yes me may have had a couple extra wins against teams like East Paducah Tech, but we wouldn’t have tested ourselves and known the weaknesses. 

On 10/25/2020 at 12:27 PM, Nutriaitch said:

probably not much if at all. 

front end of schedule was loaded with cupcakes of the conference. Yes me may have had a couple extra wins against teams like East Paducah Tech, but we wouldn’t have tested ourselves and known the weaknesses. 

Hey, now - Paducah Tech is a real thing. They are undefeated so far!