Gameday Tigers

Whiskey / Whisky

Hatchertiger

"And I get whiskey bent and hell bound ..."

Went through a period where I was into scotch. Then I didn't drink much of any whiskey for a couple years. Now I'm enjoying Bourbon more than I ever have and its even better sippin' now that the weather has cooled down a bit.  I've been enjoying a bottle of Old Grand-Dad 114, the bottled in bond is also very good, lately, OGD is in the Jim Beam Family.  At 114 proof it hits you right away and has good cinnamon and brown sugar flavors.  What have / are you enjoying? 

old_grand_114-500x500_2048x2048.jpg?v=15

Edited by Hatchertiger
  • Like 2

We cross into Mexico every January, they have a Duty Free shop on the Tx side, before crossing the bridge/Rio into Mexico. One year a Liter of Crown was $18, the second was half, $9. Two liters for $37, then a dollar to bring through customs. 

We will be there again this January, arriving on the 14th. We have around 20 going this year. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The guy that founded Under Armour (Kevin Plank) built a distillery in Baltimore not far from my office.  We did a tour of the distillery as a work function a few years back.

Their "Cask Strength" Rye is pretty darned tasty:

Sagamore-Spirit-Rye-Cask-Strength-Color-

• 1 year later...
On 6/9/2021 at 8:00 AM, Hatchertiger said:

Yes Blanton’s is the unicorn of bourbon. Everyone wants to try it but nobody can find any.  Bought this recently, good but expected more for the price. 

That in my opinion is a great bottle! What did you pay for it if I may ask? Should have been ~$40-50. 

Blantons is a good bottle as well but damn Keanu Reeves and that stupid movie. If it weren't for him we could all be enjoying a bottle for about $40 which is exactly what it is. A $40 bottle. As usual Hollywood ruins everything!