Gameday Tigers

Whiskey / Whisky

Hatchertiger

7 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

Tailgate is considerable smaller now. Used to have 4-5 tents, now I only do 2. Had a full bar, only serve JD and vodka now.  This is my 22nd year of tailgates.

We had about a section 20 x 20 yards. We stared off the season with around 6 kegs of beer. We had keys to most of the building in the area. Also a key to a walk-in cooler. Lots of food and drinks. 

Now about 4 sections off the corner of Nicholson and Skip Bertman Dr. West of the intersection, look for the two Tiger on the road. Use to set up Ski Shots, but couldn’t get folks to leave. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 9:43 PM, LSUDad said:

We had about a section 20 x 20 yards. We stared off the season with around 6 kegs of beer. We had keys to most of the building in the area. Also a key to a walk-in cooler. Lots of food and drinks. 

Now about 4 sections off the corner of Nicholson and Skip Bertman Dr. West of the intersection, look for the two Tiger on the road. Use to set up Ski Shots, but couldn’t get folks to leave. 

next game i will find you 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 10:12 AM, LSUDad said:

This is what you get for $150. 

Just saw this, no way in hell I'm paying a buck fitty for a bottle of Blanton's. Its a great bourbon but it is a $45 bottle that is selling at 70-80 but no way I'm paying 150. 

12 hours ago, Big T said:

Just saw this, no way in hell I'm paying a buck fitty for a bottle of Blanton's. Its a great bourbon but it is a $45 bottle that is selling at 70-80 but no way I'm paying 150. 

You can buy a 50 ml shot for $48.99, what a bargain !!! LOL

https://woodencork.com/collections/blantons/products/blantons-bourbon-50ml

1 hour ago, Nutriaitch said:

where will you be set up?

if i go, i park at The Box along first base line.

I tailgate about 5 tents West of the intersection of Nicholson and Skip Bertman Dr. I’ll get your number and text you to set up a meeting area. I can get you into the Lt Governor’s private tailgate. I told you, I know people. His tailgate is right by the PMAC. 

When you sing along with Garth Brooks, talking about friends in Low Places, I’m that friend! 

Weather should clear out around noon’ish or earlier. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was gifted a bottle of Blanton's for Christmas.  It is VERY good. But I don't need to pay that much for a bourbon that I enjoy.

My next new one to try is Makers Mark 101 Limited Release.  Paid around $35.  I like the "regular" MM so I'm hoping this is good and its received good reviews.

Also got a bottle of Bengal Bourbon which I am looking forward to drinking.  Going to wait and crack in open with my son and 2 nephews, all LSU alum!!!

Paintingpost.png?format=1500w

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

But I don't need to pay that much for a bourbon that I enjoy

Blantons is overpriced, hell almost everything on the secondary market is. MSRP on a WFP is about $50 but good luck finding it for that. The Stagg Jr I mentioned will go for about $300. I'd really like to find the Michters 10 year that is out this month. 

2 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

I have some Michters but not that one. Its good.

I've tried everything they have so far (I think) the Toasted Barrel is pretty good and oddly enough I think I like the sour mash better than the black label but that was in one blind test, will have to run it back to be sure. I haven't had a bad taste out of one of their bottles. 

I have not been a fan of whiskey/bourbon in the past but i tried a cocktail at Christmas with Buffalo Trace bourbon and i have had the Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream which is pretty good.  The cocktail was also pretty good.  I think i only tried the cheap stuff in the past and thats why i did not like it.  Only whiskey i ever liked before that was Jameson Irish Whiskey.

On 3/2/2023 at 9:52 AM, dachsie said:

I think i only tried the cheap stuff in the past and thats why i did not like it. 

depends on the Whiskey.

Jack is cheap and a solid choice for any occasion.

On 3/2/2023 at 9:52 AM, dachsie said:

Only whiskey i ever liked before that was Jameson Irish Whiskey.

oooh, had a rough night or two with that stuff before.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 1:31 PM, Hatchertiger said:

I absolutely love Evan Williams Bottled In Bond,

One of the BEST Old Fashioneds I've ever had, may be the best. I'm not an EW fan but that BiB made a great cocktail. It was at a high priced steak house in Chicago.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...