• 1 month later...

Joe Burrow Shows Off Leg Strength in Workout With Teammates

This is great to see!
BY ALLBENGALS STAFF , UPDATED: FEB 24, 2021 | ORIGINAL: FEB 24, 2021
  •  
  •  
  •  
zgLrFpOX-720.jpg

CINCINNATI — Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow continues to recover from knee reconstruction surgery. 

The 24-year-old tore his left ACL and MCL in November and had surgery to repair the injury in December. 

Burrow's expected to start throwing and running on the underwater treadmill this month. 

He continues to rehab at Paul Brown Stadium daily and regularly trains at Black Sheep Fitness in Blue Ash, a suburb of Cincinnati. 

Burrow, tight end Drew Sample and linebacker Akeem Davis-Gaither worked out together on Wednesday morning. 

The Bengals star quarterback showed off his leg strength. Check out the video below. 

AVqOHNw1-720.jpg

Burrow did a one-legged squat with his right leg. The video didn't show him attempting it with his surgically repaired left leg, but he was doing full body squats in early January, so it's reasonable to expect his left knee to be much stronger than it was six weeks ago. 

Burrow is expected to make a full recovery. He's hoping to be back on the field in time for the Bengals' season opener in September. 

Joe Burrow tabbed as QB set to make biggest leap in 2021

USATSI_15204609.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
February 23, 2021 4:32 pm

ADVERTISEMENT

This Video Is Unavailable

Many have forgotten just how good Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow looked in 2020 as a rookie before going down with a season-ending knee injury.

That includes Peter Schrager on a recent episode of “Good Morning Football,” where he picked Burrow as an underdog candidate for the quarterback set to make the biggest leap in 2021:

“I don’t want us to forget how good Joe Burrow was when he started off his career in Cincinnati….I think Burrow has it all upstairs and he has a gift that can only be blossoming even more.”

The segment was especially impressed with Burrow’s Week 2 performance last year in which he went 37-of-61 with 316 yards and three scores against Cleveland and Baker Mayfield in primetime.

Keep in mind that was only Burrow’s second career game, his first primetime game and it came on a short week after a season-opening loss to the Los Angeles Chargers.

Fast forward to now, Burrow continues to target a Week 1 return date. The sooner he’s back at 100 percent, the sooner he can get to proving analysts and segments like this right, especially if the team does a good job of upgrading the roster around him.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Of course, he is ahead of schedule in his rehab. In a recent photo taken of him in the Bengals' new uniforms, you can see the massive scar on his knee from the surgery.  It was certainly NOT microscopic surgery.

Former LSU QB Joe Burrow 'ahead of schedule' in recovery

“I’m very optimistic about where I’m at and also where the team is at. Rehab is going very, very well and lifting is going very, very well. I’m in great shape. Legs feel good, knee feels good. There’s still a long way to go, but I’m expecting to be there on the first snap of 2021.”

“I’m expecting to play game one. I expect to take part in practice. I’m feeling really good. I’m ahead of schedule.”

https://lsutigerswire.usatoday.com/2021/04/20/former-lsu-football-qb-joe-burrow-ahead-of-schedule-cincinnati-bengals-football/

• Like 1

From the scar looks like he had patellar repair on ACL, daughter had the same; its stronger than using hamstring but longer recovery/rehab - 8-9 mos as opposed to hammy a few weeks. Daughters surgeon was an LSU grad at Tulane Sports Medicine Clinic

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...