Gameday Tigers

Super Bowl

Hatchertiger

I don't feel strongly about it one way or the other.  Chiefs look as good as last year.  If CEH is 100%, maybe they're better than last year.  I would love to see Fournette have his best day as a pro in the SB, that would be very cool.  Same with Devin White.  I will enjoy the game, can't lose.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, houtiger said:

I don't feel strongly about it one way or the other.  Chiefs look as good as last year.  If CEH is 100%, maybe they're better than last year.  I would love to see Fournette have his best day as a pro in the SB, that would be very cool.  Same with Devin White.  I will enjoy the game, can't lose.

I agree with you.  I just want to see a competitive game with minimal turn overs.

• Like 1

I would rather see Fournette get a ring this year, if he is the primary running back for the Bucs.  He's been in the league longer, and he had a rough go at Jacksonville.  Devin White, I think he's the best LB I ever saw at LSU, I'd like to see him get a ring.  If Fournette is not the primary back, that changes things for me.  I would pull for KC. My ideal game, Leonard goes for 100 yards on 20 carries and scores 2 TD's.

On KC, Mathieu already has a ring, and Williams.  As good as KC is, and they are young, they will probably get another chance for Clyde to get a ring.

I will slightly pull for the Bucs, but I think KC should be favored by 7, not 3.

13 hours ago, LSUDad said:

They will allow 25,000 fans in the stands. Also 30,000 cut outs. 

Every player that I have heard talk about playing in empty or partially filled stadiums, they all say they really miss the fans.  They miss the huge noise when they do something great.  It's understandable to a degree, but there are also a lot of prima donna's playing pro sports.

• Like 1

I'm going to do everyone a favor & announce the news you've all been waiting for.  I'm going to take a leave of absence from posting here.  This place is a very small clique of like minded people who have no tolerance for people with differing opinions.  It would be obvious to Ray Charles that I'm not liked here.  As I said before, I'm a big boy & I can handle it.  I'm leading a very happy & productive life and I'll be just fine without you.

13 hours ago, COTiger said:

I'm going to do everyone a favor & announce the news you've all been waiting for.  I'm going to take a leave of absence from posting here.  This place is a very small clique of like minded people who have no tolerance for people with differing opinions.  It would be obvious to Ray Charles that I'm not liked here.  As I said before, I'm a big boy & I can handle it.  I'm leading a very happy & productive life and I'll be just fine without you.

I don't think anyone alluded anything about not liking you. The person who caused a lot of those problems is not in this group.  You are welcome here.  We dont post a lot but its quality, not quantity that counts.  Come around anytime.  

I watched the game - had a coworker over so did not post about it.  I was surprised at Brady and Mathieu jawing at each other. Wish the score had been closer but I think KC really missed those players that were out due to Covid - their o-line couldn't stay together at all.  Mahomes reminded me of Johnny Football out there

On 2/4/2021 at 6:45 PM, houtiger said:

I would rather see Fournette get a ring this year, if he is the primary running back for the Bucs.  He's been in the league longer, and he had a rough go at Jacksonville.  Devin White, I think he's the best LB I ever saw at LSU, I'd like to see him get a ring.  If Fournette is not the primary back, that changes things for me.  I would pull for KC. My ideal game, Leonard goes for 100 yards on 20 carries and scores 2 TD's.

Leonard carried 16 times for 89 yards and 1 TD.  He caught 4 passes for 46 yards, for 135 total offense.  That's a good solid game on a passing team. 

Early in the game they handed off to Fournette 3 straight times and he got them a first down.  After that, they had to respect the run all game long.  Then Brady went to play action, and since they had to respect Fournette, the passing game worked much better.

A little later in the first half, TB was on the one yard line and they had Ronald Jones (the backup) in at RB.  They handed off to Jones twice and he did not get in.  I think Fournette could have gotten in, that would have given him the 2 TD's.

Bruce Arians said after the game they would work on signing their guys.  Fournette played the year on a one year contract, so he's a free agent.  I wonder where he goes?  Will he pursue the top dollar?  Or if TB offered him a little less, would he go back to play with Brady and try for another ring?  I think if the money is close, he'd like to stay in TB.

• Like 1