Gameday Tigers

Signing Day 2021

LSUDad

6 hours ago, COTiger said:

Whoever is editing my posts, identify yourself.  That is if you have the guts to do so.

CO, chill out dude!  It is a "feature" of the site.  Whenever it sees  b a m a , it automatically replaces it with inbredgumps.  It is a joke, and we all enjoy it.  :classic_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, houtiger said:

CO, chill out dude!  It is a "feature" of the site.  Whenever it sees  b a m a , it automatically replaces it with inbredgumps.  It is a joke, and we all enjoy it.  :classic_biggrin:

It's a sick "feature" of the site.  Like I said earlier, we can't beat them on or off the field.  As a result, this site results to sick name calling.  I'm not surprised.

18 hours ago, COTiger said:

I didn't.  Someone is phucking editing my posts without my permission.  No wonder this place has so little traffic.

We have a word filter in place that does that. If people don't like it, I can turn it off.  

3 hours ago, Herb said:

We have a word filter in place that does that. If people don't like it, I can turn it off.  

I'm probably the only one that doesn't like it.  I think it's a form of censorship.  And to me it's a sad state of affairs when our fan base has to resort to name calling & hurling insults.  Why don't you focus on beating them on & off the field.

25 minutes ago, COTiger said:

I'm probably the only one that doesn't like it.  I think it's a form of censorship.  And to me it's a sad state of affairs when our fan base has to resort to name calling & hurling insults.  Why don't you focus on beating them on & off the field.

No worries.

I removed them.

Be sure and let us know what else offends you on your 3 visits per year.

On 2/4/2021 at 10:00 PM, COTiger said:

I'm not interested in typing in anything.  Like I said, if you can't beat them on the football field, then perhaps you should keep your mouth shut with regards to personal insults.

You don't have to visit this site. You never have anything positive to say at all. Not sure why you even come here. 

Always miserable about everything 🙄

30 minutes ago, COTiger said:

Did it ever occur to you that kind of attitude is one reason why this site has so little traffic?

There are many LSU sports forums you can visit and post on.  They offer different types of memberships and experiences.  You can go to Tiger Droppings where there are many many posters, and be deluged with idiotic comments, vulgarity for no purpose, attacks, lies, and a few good posts.

You can come here, where there are fewer posters.  Nobody is lying on here, most of the posts have sound judgement.  Some are highly informed.  But we know each other, either we have met in person, or we have posted together for so long it feels like we know each other.  We like each other.  We don't always agree with each other, but we always respect our fellow posters.  We try to treat each other well so we stay around.  There are some things that cannot be unsaid.

My career was computers, mainframes before the internet, but I generally understand the internet.  The reason we don't have more posters is that the name of the site is not a set of words that an LSU fan would search for, so Google search does not bring us up to the top in typical searches for LSU fan forums.  There is no problem with our content.

Personally I like the word substitutions because they make me at least smile, often.

We have opted for quality over quantity.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, houtiger said:

There are many LSU sports forums you can visit and post on.  They offer different types of memberships and experiences.  You can go to Tiger Droppings where there are many many posters, and be deluged with idiotic comments, vulgarity for no purpose, attacks, lies, and a few good posts.

You can come here, where there are fewer posters.  Nobody is lying on here, most of the posts have sound judgement.  Some are highly informed.  But we know each other, either we have met in person, or we have posted together for so long it feels like we know each other.  We like each other.  We don't always agree with each other, but we always respect our fellow posters.  We try to treat each other well so we stay around.  There are some things that cannot be unsaid.

My career was computers, mainframes before the internet, but I generally understand the internet.  The reason we don't have more posters is that the name of the site is not a set of words that an LSU fan would search for, so Google search does not bring us up to the top in typical searches for LSU fan forums.  There is no problem with our content.

Personally I like the word substitutions because they make me at least smile, often.

We have opted for quality over quantity.

I agree with pretty much everything you wrote.  However, to me this place is a clique of a small number of people who for the most part have the same thoughts & opinions.  Posters with differing thoughts or opinions really aren't welcome here no matter how accurate they might be.  If people here don't like me or agree with me, that's fine.  I'm a big boy, I can handle it.

29 minutes ago, houtiger said:

You can go to Tiger Droppings where there are many many posters, and be deluged with idiotic comments, vulgarity for no purpose, attacks, lies, and a few good posts.

I occasionally post in golf threads.  I participate in their Pick 'Em contests.  

23 hours ago, COTiger said:

Whoever is editing my posts, identify yourself.  That is if you have the guts to do so.

30 minutes ago, COTiger said:

I agree with pretty much everything you wrote.  However, to me this place is a clique of a small number of people who for the most part have the same thoughts & opinions.  Posters with differing thoughts or opinions really aren't welcome here no matter how accurate they might be.  If people here don't like me or agree with me, that's fine.  I'm a big boy, I can handle it.

You are wrong, in my opinion.  The reason that people have pushed back against your post is that it is disrespectful.  You don't understand how this site works, and you see something you do not understand, which NO PERSON did, and you insult all of the posters here.  You denigrated my post, because I made a reference to b a m a, the site changed the word, and you assumed I wrote it that way, and you were wrong.  You went off, half cocked.

Posters with different opinions are entirely welcome here if they are civil and respectful.  You were not civil nor respectful, to me.

• Like 1

How was I supposed to know that the site software changed my posts & not a Mod?  I guess that's a consequence of flunking Mind Reading 101.  I understand perfectly how this site works.  I've stated my opinion previously.  You are obviously entitled to your opinions.  I happen not to agree with them.  It's also noticeable to me you've overlooked the instances where I've been insulted & called 4 letter words.  I'm not surprised.

3 minutes ago, COTiger said:

How was I supposed to know that the site software changed my posts & not a Mod?  I guess that's a consequence of flunking Mind Reading 101.  I understand perfectly how this site works.  I've stated my opinion previously.  You are obviously entitled to your opinions.  I happen not to agree with them.  It's also noticeable to me you've overlooked the instances where I've been insulted & called 4 letter words.  I'm not surprised.

You don't need to be a mindreader.  If you are not sure, you can always ask a question.  "OK folks, why is my post being changed, so when I type b a m a, I see inbredgumps?".  That's a respectful response when you don't understand something, instead of erroneously denigrating a fellow poster. 

And no, I have no reason to look up all responses to all posts you have made.  I have no knowledge of anyone calling you a name.  To expect that level of effort on my part is unreasonable, and in fact it is irrelevant to our exchange today.  I was not part of your prior interactions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, houtiger said:

And no, I have no reason to look up all responses to all posts you have made.  I have no knowledge of anyone calling you a name.  To expect that level of effort on my part is unreasonable, and in fact it is irrelevant to our exchange today.  I was not part of your prior interactions.

Gee, what a surprise.  

You Can't Handle the Truth.jpg

53 minutes ago, COTiger said:

Gee, what a surprise.  

You Can't Handle the Truth.jpg

If you want to discuss what has occurred with me today, that is fine, I am here.  This response is a non-response, it adds nothing to the discussion whatsoever.

If you have a meaningful reply, I will be here.

Otherwise, it appears you are abandoning serious discussion for gibberish.

The fact is that you denigrated my post over something that I did not even do, because you don't know the features of this site because you seldomly come here.  Then you want to insult me and make like it is somehow my fault.  It is not my fault.  It is your fault for going off half cocked.

Edited by houtiger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

If you have a meaningful reply, I will be here.

The fact is that you denigrated my post over something that I did not even do, because you don't know the features of this site because you seldomly come here.  Then you want to insult me and make like it is somehow my fault.  It is not my fault.  It is your fault for going off half cocked.

Nothing I write would satisfy you.

As far as denigrating your post.  You've made your point ad nauseum.  Give it a rest.

Edited by COTiger
adding comnents