Gameday Tigers

UGA @ LSU 2:30 pm Saturday CBS/98.1 FM

Fishhead

Bulldog invasion in Tiger Stadium tomorrow afternoon as #2 UGA visits #13 LSU. Word on the street is tons of rabid Georgia fans have made the trek west and have been seen roaming Baton Rouge streets and setting up shop in the Vet/Med lot since yesterday. 

Vet/Med lot, huh? 

Time to spay some mutts!!

Both teams have some injury issues and seemingly on opposite sides of the lines. LSU has had a ton of shuffling on the OL but seems to be getting healthier, while the DL is starting to see some injury concerns. UGA, on the other hand, has been bitten by the injury bug on the OL and will have a couple true freshman starting in Tiger Stadium. 

This game will be decided where all SEC games are decided... in the trenches. 

This is a tough stretch for LSU but Tiger Stadium needs to come to the team's rescue here! Can't complain about this year's home slate. 

If you're headed to the game tomorrow, get in there and SCREAM! BRING BACK 2003!!

GEAUX!!

• Like 2

• Fishhead pinned and featured this topic

This'll be a tight game and I think LSU has a good chance to pull an upset.

Our OL health is trending upwards and I'm hopeful that our DL has licked their wounds and has enough gas in the tank to battle whistle to whistle.

UGA's ranking has not been earned as honestly as our's has...who have the Dawgs really played so far of note?

Looking forward to seeing Son-O-Moss play.

I wish Tyler Shelvin could channel his anger on opponents instead of lashing out at staff, etc.,. Wish we knew what was going on here.  My guess is that he is not trying to slim down and skipping workouts, not sticking to his diet, and not committed to getting into proper playing shape.  Hopefully he is not getting into trouble and this is just a temporary battle of wills. When he signed at LSU he was tipping the scales at 380 lbs...let that sink in...LSU wants him down to about 330.

it's gameday....

GEAUX...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Swamp Angel said:

I saw that the UGA fans had apparently taken over the French Quarter. . .

UGA NOLA 1.jpg

Is that StAnn st? Asking cuz of rainbow flags.....

on another note, my nephew is a UGA alum and will be at game.

i hope he gets royally tiger baited today

• Like 1

Tigers Win!! Tigers Win!!

36-16

bye bye Jawja

Neck was played twice that I know of, the 2nd time (apparently right after Atkins recovered his own KickOff late in the 4th) it wasn't just the students chanting STTD,B

The field was rushed

and

all is right with the world

(even though I only got to see the cbs half time show & a little bit of the 3rd quarter due to stupid CBS having to show nothing but RADAR for all of first half, rest of 3rd and all of 4th... I'll watch the ESPN stream replay tomorrow morning at 11:30)

• Like 2

Orgeron is doing a masterful coaching job this year. He's got a good staff and he's letting them coach. Ensminger is the best OC we've had in a very long time. Great play calling. The players are on a mental even keel. They didn't panic after the loss last week. They're confident but not over hyped up. They're improving every week. 

Congrats coach O...I'm not doubting any more this year.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Eq4bits said:

This is actually a big deal.  Emery is from Louisiana, we have the ability to offer immediate playing time, we need a marquee back, on and on.... but he's a Georgia commit.  So we have to work on flipping him.  If Coach O does that, it will be some redemption for some of the high profile guys we've lost, including two RBs.

A few fun facts gleaned from the interwebz:

Glen Logan in 27 snaps on defense vs UGA: 

5 tackles

3 run stops

3 pressures

2 hurries

1.5 tackles for loss 

1 sack

Kristian Fulton vs. Georgia

29 coverage snaps

3 targets

0 receptions

1 INT

NFL Passer Rating: 0.0

@PFF_College Grade: 90.5

Of Joe Burrow's 87 rushing yards vs. Georgia, 72 came after contact. 

"Joe’s a big, strong guy," says Ed Orgeron. "He could play linebacker."

120: Out of his 145 yards on the ground against Georgia, Clyde Edwards-Helaire picked up 120 after contact. ?

10 months ago Joe Burrow was a QB at Ohio State, Cole Tracy was kicking at Assumption College and Kristian Fulton was halfway through a two-year NCAA suspension.

Having them in the starting lineup at #LSU has changed the dynamic of the entire season.

• Like 7

A very enjoyable game, how many times do you get to knock off a #2 ranked team.  Auburn in retrospect does not look like it ever should have been in the top 10, but the Miami win still looks good.  Now for Georgia, LSU is the first ranked team they played this year.  At the top tier of teams, you can't tell what they have except against other top competition.  This team does not look great, as their loss to Florida showed.  If they are not at their best, they can be beat.  But, near their best, they can hang with most.  I like that this team plays hard, they seem well motivated.  Against Fla., they just had an off day.  Sometimes I shoot 100, sometimes 110.  The old question was why did we fire Les?  Because we were no longer competitive against top 10 ranked teams.  We were not competitive because with our offense we could not get a top QB to come to LSU, we were one dimensional running the ball, and when the best teams loaded the box and stopped the run, we were unable to pass either.  I like the more balanced offense and it should help in QB recruiting, and WR recruiting.  And, we beat 3 teams ranked in the top 10 so far this year (whether they should have been there is another matter, but Ga. did play for the championship last year).  Ga. had turnover problems today that LSU capitalized on, so the game may have been closer than the score indicates.  When I look back at Ga. recruiting classes the last 4 years, they have been doing almost as good as Inbred Gumps.  They have talent on the team.  It is a quality LSU win!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, houtiger said:

The old question was why did we fire Les?  Because we were no longer competitive against top 10 ranked teams.  We were not competitive because with our offense we could not get a top QB to come to LSU, we were one dimensional running the ball, and when the best teams loaded the box and stopped the run, we were unable to pass either. 

I loved your entire post including this part.  The frustrating thing is that Les did recruit top QB talent at his stops prior to LSU.  When he was an assistant at Colorado when I lived in Denver (btw DiNardo was also an assistant on Bill Mccartney's Colorado staff) Les Miles recruited Sal Aunese from California to play at Colorado.  At Oklahoma State, Josh Fields was not too shabby.

I think the urban legend of LSU not being able to attract and retain a QB became a thing for some reason...ity really boggles why this happened.

8 hours ago, Eq4bits said:

10 months ago Joe Burrow was a QB at Ohio State, Cole Tracy was kicking at Assumption College and Kristian Fulton was halfway through a two-year NCAA suspension.

Having them in the starting lineup at #LSU has changed the dynamic of the entire season.

This.

We had no kickers last season and lost more than one game because of inconsistency there.  Burrow has been a godsend, and I'll admit I was skeptical at 1st.  Seriously, this guy's moxie reminds me of Jim McMahon.

Fulton has had a couple of slip ups, but considering he is having his 1st real playing time in almost 3 years is forgiveable...he has otherwise been solid.

The rise of Delpit should also not be understated. He is a true hybrid CB/LB type of safety instead os simply a "run stuffing" safety or a "coverage" safety...he covers it all and is good enough to play either CB or LB and is hungry.

What a win!  The stadium was electric the entire game! The jawja fans near us could not believe how loud it was. Other than a few young punks who were drunk,the jawja fans all day and in the stadium were cordial and respectful. Kept waiting for that big Georgia counter-punch and it never came, instead LSU kept the pedal to the metal and would not stop punching Georgia right in the mouth. Kirby got outsmarted all day long! Not taking anything away from the outstanding performance of our defense but as pointed out above, it was our offense that was the difference maker.  Still pumped! 

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

• Like 5

Hatcher,  glad to hear the Georgia fans were polite.  That is how CFB should be. It's usually the young bucks that don't understand that smack talking has limited time and place and that in society we are all extended neighbors and friends.

That was nothiung short of an EMPHATIC win.  All phases of the team won yesterday.

Just prior to kickoff Kirby Smart (I think it was Kirby but I got the channel on on the middle of the interview, but it could have been OC Jim Chaney) was doing a sideline interview where he was talking about how all season UGA has come out and smacked teams in the mouth and that was the plan against LSU...guess they were not ready to face a fighter with a mean left jab.  LOL.

• Like 2