Gameday Tigers

UGA @ LSU 2:30 pm Saturday CBS/98.1 FM

Fishhead

1 hour ago, Hatchertiger said:

. Other than a few young punks who were drunk,the jawja fans all day and in the stadium were cordial and respectful.

1 hour ago, Herb said:

Hatcher,  glad to hear the Georgia fans were polite.  That is how CFB should be. It's usually the young bucks that don't understand that smack talking has limited time and place and that in society we are all extended neighbors and friends.

To a point and then it changed. When we had two defenders down on one play (late 3rd qtr? my brain is still fuzzy), one was still down flat on the ground when the uga fans loud and clear started chanting U-G-A, over and over. I can tell you on the east sidelines, necks snapped towards their section in the SE endzone, and they were given looks that could kill. I saw someone from the uga sideline go over and tell them to cut it out. 

That was when the friendly rivalry stopped. That was when it wasn't just the the student section very loudly chanting "you suck" in ow-we-ow by the band. That was why (imo) in the 4th qtr and the band played neck, a large part of the stadium joined in on STTDB. From what I could tell, the uga fans with that chant fired up the crowd to 11.

That was by far, the best atmosphere I have seen in Tiger Stadium in a while. Very few left at half. Very few left even when LSU took a commanding lead late. The crowd got even louder as the lead grew, having been loud the whole game. The only complaint about the crowd, is we have too many freaking scalpers that own tickets, and there was way too much red in that crowd. Estimates are 20K uga fans in attendance. The tweet below shows how bad it was. Call me old fashioned, I think this is a problem. I also saw people parking where we tailgate that obviously bought reserved lot parking passes, probably paying enough to fund the seasons worth for the scalpers, giving them incentive to gobble them up again next year. (I have a rant about that too, I will pass on for now.) I saw quite a few Georgia license plates in our reserved lot!

Back to the game. Have we had a game being so aggressive going for it on 4th down since Florida 07? Am I forgetting one? 

I know I have more thoughts. Or I did on the way home last night.  I just have to remember.  Right now I am tired, no voice, ears hurt and ringing, and sunburned. And I love it!

https://twitter.com/valleyshook/status/1051286215704629248

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ice Cole or Kick Tracey had 18 points last night. 

Aranda confused Georgia and Fromm terribly bad.  

All phases of the game played 4 qtrs. 

Work tomorrow is gonna be sweet here in New Denver cause all I heard after Florida game was backhanded garbage, "wish yall won so we could beat you as an undefeated."  STTDB!

Edited by watson
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, watson said:

Work tomorrow is gonna be sweet here in New Denver cause all I heard after Florida game was backhanded garbage, "wish yall won so we could beat you as an undefeated."  STTDB!

I’m jealous. My coworkers are all either Yankees or people who like UNC or NC State so don’t usually watch big boy football.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

And another thing!  I was just thinking back a few years...

A criticism of Miles was that LSU got too conservative when they had too small of a lead.  They would stop being aggressive, run all the time, fail to drive, and the other team could catch up or win.

I think O and E stayed aggressive to the end.  LSU fans have wanted to see that for a while, and I like it better.  It was just a 2 score game in the second half and it got dicey if Ga. could make it a one score game.  That is why LSU needed to stay aggressive and try to get more points.  I approve of that style of play.

Edited: I am out of "Likes" now....

Edited by houtiger
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, Eq4bits said:

Tigers Win!! Tigers Win!!

36-16

bye bye Jawja

Neck was played twice that I know of, the 2nd time (apparently right after Atkins recovered his own KickOff late in the 4th) it wasn't just the students chanting STTD,B

The field was rushed

and

all is right with the world

(even though I only got to see the cbs half time show & a little bit of the 3rd quarter due to stupid CBS having to show nothing but RADAR for all of first half, rest of 3rd and all of 4th... I'll watch the ESPN stream replay tomorrow morning at 11:30)

Neck was actually not played by the band.

It was PIPED IN!!

My nephew, a jawja alum who attended game:

”I do appreciate all the expressions of condolence through IM, text and even phone calls, but seriously, I am fine. Most know I'm a die-hard Dawg fan, however, my happiness is truly not dependent on the performance of 18 to 22 year old young men on any given Saturday! I absolutely love the passion and pageantry of college football, especially that amongst the SEC family, so despite the loss, I had a wonderful time in Baton Rouge and NOLA. I highly recommend to anyone and everyone to experience LSU football in Tiger Stadium.  It is one of my favorite opponent stadiums and I cherish the experience each time!”

oh and he parked free (and didn’t get towed at Iowa & Aster Streets.

he loved the bar in the stadium

lol

• Like 2

When Kirby ran that fake field goal, I think it was 4th and 9, NINE.  That just doesn't seem like a good time to try a fake FG.  Nine yards is a long way to go.  I think I remember Les trying that on 4th and about 9, a punt I think, and it failed, after the game Les said "I'd like to have that call back".  Nine yards is a lot.