Gameday Tigers

2021 Tigers In The NFL!

LSUDad

Was Burrow sparked by bulletin-board material?

After the game, Burrow said that a comment from Ravens defensive coordinator Wink Martindale "maybe" inspired him to his 525-yard performance. Martindale provided the bulletin board material when asked if the Ravens would double-team Chase like they did Green Bay Packers receiver Davante Adams in Week 15. 

"Adams is one of the top two receivers in the league, and he's not No. 2," Martindale told reporters of Chase on Thursday. "Aaron Rodgers is a Hall of Fame QB, and I don't think we're ready to buy a gold jacket for Joe [Burrow]."

Here's what Burrow had to say in response after Sunday's game:

Take that Wink Martindale. Yes, Joe Burrow heard the hold off on the Gold Jacket for Canton #Bengals pic.twitter.com/LGQ1rlkkaG

— Mike Petraglia (@Trags) December 26, 2021

"I didn't think it was a necessary comment," Burrow said. "I wouldn't say I was offended by it. I mean, I'm in Year 2, who knows's what's gonna happen down the road. But I didn't think it was a necessary comment."

When asked if Martindale's comment was on his mind when he was throwing for 525 yards, Burrow smirked and responded: "Maybe."

Bengals-Ravens-Joe-Burrow.jpeg

• Like 3

I was cruising around the net, came across this info on Kary Vincent.

"Nov. 21, 2021 - I don’t think I even spoke to the Eagles in the predraft process. That’s crazy," Vincent smiled. "[Roseman] said they saw me in preseason. He told me they’ve been trying to get me since preseason. ... hearing that from him made me excited and I can’t wait to compete and play for these guys."

At 5-foot-10 and 185 pounds, Vincent looks like a slot corner and he played there and some safety at LSU. With the Eagles, he's starting out by working at inside and outside corner.

"I’m a Swiss army knife," he said. "That was another thing that was big and a reason the coaches were happy to get me here. I’ve played everywhere, safety, corner, nickel, I can do it all and I’m excited to be wherever they need me to be. ... I’ve been at corner and nickel so far, learning both spots. We’ll see where it pans out."

Where it pans out is up to defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon and secondary coach Dennard Wilson.

"I previously didn’t know too much about them, honestly," Vincent said of his new coaches. "Coming here, seeing this defense, and it has a lot of similarities to the defense I played at LSU, where guys move around, playing in nickel spots and I’m super-excited about that."

Making things more comfortable for Vincent is the presence of Jacoby Stevens, the Eagles' sixth-round pick back in April, who is on the practice squad as he continues the transition from LSU safety to NFL linebacker.

• Like 1

12/31/2021

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- Touchdown shortage? That's no longer the case for Odell Beckham Jr.

The eighth-year pro has caught four touchdown passes over a five-game span for the Los Angeles Rams.

"It's been great," Beckham said about his recent end zone productivity. "Over the last couple of years, I've felt deprived. I've definitely missed the end zone for sure, and it just hasn't been as easy and seamless as it could and should be. I'm someone who I feel like I should score once or twice every single game, I feel like I can get 100 yards every single game."

The Rams signed Beckham to a one-year $1.25 million contract in November after he cleared waivers following his release from the Cleveland Browns.

In six games in L.A., Beckham is averaging 41.3 receiving yards per game and has caught four TD passes, including his first scoring reception since Oct. 4, 2020. He's also caught a touchdown pass in three consecutive games for the first time since 2015.

"I'm just happy that I'm at a place that I'm having fun within myself," Beckham said. "Just having fun playing football again."

In six games with the Browns this season, Beckham averaged 38.8 receiving yards per game and did not catch a single touchdown pass.

Rams coach Sean McVay described Beckham as "a joy to be around" since his arrival.

"He's got a great charisma, great presence, he's an incredibly talented football player and then I can attest to this now, he's a great teammate," McVay said. "He really cares about these guys, he's been incredibly selfless, he's made plays when he's had the opportunity."

Through seven weeks with the Rams, Beckham has not garnered the attention he once received throughout five seasons with the New York Giants or 2 ½ seasons with the Browns.

He said he knew that would be the case when he signed with a team on which receiver Cooper Kupp was on pace for a historic season. With two games remaining in the regular season, Kupp is nearing 2,000 receiving yards and is tracking to win the "triple crown" -- leading the NFL in catches, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns.

"Man, I find it funny, all the talks that ever been said about me being a me guy. People are going to say whatever but just have no idea," Beckham said. "And when I chose to come here, I'm knowing that Coops on pace to break a record, I didn't come here thinking, 'Oh, I got to get my targets.' That's just not being me -- yeah I want the ball, I'm a competitor, but like I said, I came late to the party.

"It's just funny, all the backlash that I get about the type of person that I am and this and that, and I think you just see me in an atmosphere where success is around and like I said, these people are on pace for history. I want to watch them break, I told him I want him to get 2K yards so I can come and break your record, that's how it happens, records are meant to be broken and like I said, I think we're just witnessing very, very special."

Cris Carter says Ja’Marr Chase is most impressive rookie WR ever

And he would know. 

By Dadio Makdook@dadiodefacto  Jan 5, 2022, 2:00pm EST 

Syndication: The EnquirerAlbert Cesare / The Enquirer / USA TODAY NETWORK

Ja’Marr Chase continues to astound us every single week. 

OBA_TRANS.png

ONEWHEEL OFFICIAL WEBSITE - GET RIDING AS LOW AS $58/MO

Redefine Possible & Learn to Expect Fun on Every Corner. Free Shipping Orders Over $100! Get the Self-Balancing Board That Feels Like Carving Fresh Powder All Year. Free Shipping!

The rookie wide receiver just went out and torched a Kansas City Chiefs secondary that hadn’t allowed a 300 yard passer for three months to the tune of 266 yards and three touchdowns. It was the most yards by a receiver all year. And Chase already had the third and fifth biggest receiving games. 

You can also go beyond the simple stats of the Chiefs game and look to his huge presence converting four third downs, including the second longest third down conversion of the year, which came at the most critical point in the game. John Sheeran shared some of the impressive analytics numbers in a recent article. 

So how does Chase’s year compare with the rookie year of former Minnesota Vikingswideout Randy Moss? Perhaps now is a good time to compare, as the Bengals have now played sixteen games, the length of a season before this year.

Nation's Best 23 Former Tigers on Active NFL Rosters for Playoffs

Nation's Best 23 Former Tigers on Active NFL Rosters for Playoffs
38ef61bd0c8e8f1d0c9cd00998b6b4d1.jpg

BATON ROUGE – A nation’s best 23 former LSU Tigers will be on active NFL rosters when Super Wild Card Weekend begins on Saturday.

The NFL Playoffs get underway on Saturday and continue through Monday night with six games taking place during the opening round of the playoffs. Former LSU players occupy roster spots on 13 of the 14 NFL teams that have advanced to postseason play.

Overall, the number of former Tigers on NFL playoff teams grows to 30 when practice squad and injured reserve players are included.

Tampa Bay features the most former Tigers with five players on its roster – running back Leonard Fournette, linebacker Devin White, linebacker Kevin Minter, defensive back Rashard Robinson, and wide receiver Cyril Grayson, Jr.

The Bengals and Chiefs each have three LSU players on their active rosters. The Bengals roster features Heisman Trophy quarterback Joe Burrow and Biletnikoff Award winner Ja’Marr Chase, while national award winner Tyrann Mathieu along with running backs Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Darrel Williams play for the Chiefs.

The only NFL Playoff team without a former Tiger is the Green Bay Packers.

• Like 1

I have never heard of Cyril Grayson, anybody heard of him?

One of my favorite Tigers is Rashard Lawrence.  He'll never get this name posted in the stadium, but he was a Tiger through and through.  Sort of a quiet guy, but I think he was a leader, he didn't have to shout, but people listened to him.  He came back for his Sr. year to try and win a championship, and he DID!

I also pull for Leonard these days.  He had a rough time in Jacksonville, and he was no saint, but their GM at the time, Tom Caughlin, I think his ideas on discipline went overboard and he de-motivated Leonard.  I am glad Leonard got a fresh start on a team that could contend, and he got a ring last year.  And as he said, he can tell his grandkids that he played with the GOAT.  Geaux Lenny!

• 2 weeks later...