Gameday Tigers

Grade Coach O

houtiger

10 minutes ago, houtiger said:

Outside of the 2019 season, which was the most enjoyable of my lifetime, the 2020 win over Fla. may be my most enjoyable game of LSU's in the last decade.

LSU was not supposed to win that game, on the road against a top 10 team, with an LSU team that didn't look like they had it together on defense.  We were thin in the secondary, McGlothern was forced to play a lot as an inexperienced true freshman (and he played very well IMO).  We had a true freshman QB making his first start.  But those kids went out and FOUGHT for that win.  I have not been prouder of an LSU team in a long time.  I don't get excited over beating Southeastern.  But I do get excited when a big underdog team fights like hell and pulls it out.  My only disappointment is that we needed a thrown shoe penalty to pull that game out.  But hey, that's football.  The team played hard enough to win, it was not given to them.  Then that field goal in the fog, OMG!  Ecstasy!!!

I get it. It was a great game that I thoroughly enjoyed.
but the entire remainder of that season was a shyte sandwich on stale bread.

this attitude of one big win erasing an entire season of crap is the whole reason Curley got an extra year after beating Bama in '93.

If you look at what O has done so far, its a mixed bag.  Some really good things and some questionable things. The same for results which at the end is what really matters.  Best season in the history of college football and some really bad losses (I'm still not over Missouri from last year).  We have talent on this team. New OC and DC.  O understands the situation, he understands that he personally has a lot riding on this season.  I'd say if we don't win 8 or 9 games his seat is going to be very warm.

Always difficult to predict how a season will play out. Not many predicted the success LSU experienced in 2003 and 2019.  In 2007 and 2011 not saying you could predict NC participation but expectations were high both years and we had a good feeling before both seasons that we'd have a good season.  Have to admit, I'm not sure how I feel about this season.  Lots of "new" about this team.  Plenty of positives coming out about the O and D, but you rarely hear a team put out that "we suck" at this time of year. The one thing we absolutely HAVE to do on defense is stop the big plays /  blown coverage!!!!  That killed us last year.

We owe Auburn this year.  Florida can keep running their mouths and be all butt-hurt about last year. The team I want to mud-stomp and see skull dragged is Auburn. You heard that Aubbie???? We comin'!!!!

Edited by Hatchertiger
  • Like 2

On 8/4/2021 at 9:39 PM, Fishhead said:

It's embarrassing to lose to shyte teams. He has to atone for that. 

If you held every coach to the standard "he has to beat bama", every coach would be unemployed. 

I agree.  I just want to kick the dogshyte out of Bama too

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 8/4/2021 at 8:36 PM, Nutriaitch said:

Low C at best.  And that’s ONLY because 2019 was as special as it was. 

2016 - nothing happened to justify getting full time gig. won game Miles would have won. Lost the games Miles would have lost. 

2017 - September was a durable offense. First ever loss to a Sunbelt team. Worst loss in history of Miss St series (you’ll see this phrase repeated here a little later). Terrible Bowl performance.  Canada hire turned out to be a dud (another recurring theme)

2018 - Ok improvement. From fireable all the way up to roughly equal to the level that got the previous coach fired. Worst loss to Alabama (still not done using that phrase) in 20 years. Ensminger/Sullivan combo ALMOST equaled what had people ready to hang Les back in 2015  

2019 - AMAZING. Can not say enough good things about this season. This season was so abnormally awesome that it literally lifts an entirely fireable tenure up into C territory.  Brady/Burrow combo may never be matched again. 

2020 - HO LEE shyte! Somehow churned out a worse defense than Lou fornicating Tepper ever did here. Another loss to Miss State (dude is .500 against them, something even Curley topped).  Worst loss ever to Auburn (god damn this is like a scratched record).  Another loss to A&M. Lost to freaking MIZZOU.  Bo Pelini hire sucked absolute ass (another scratched record). 

O is:
1-4 against Gumps
1-2 against Jimbo
2-2 against god damn Miss St. 
2-2 against Dan Mullen. 

that’s over half of our (permanent) annual conference schedule that’s he is .500 or below against. 

I'm back to re-grade him.

i would ordinarily let this go and not beat a dead horse to death (to quote Jim Hawthorne), but after this season and last night, i can't.

There is no grade low enough to justify my feelings toward O.  And every day that he continues wearing our colors just reinforces that 2019 was the most amazing stroke of luck any human being has ever had. This guy has no clue how that happened. None.  Which shows that he didn't "build" that.
2019 LSU football is proof that if you give 1 million monkeys 1 million typewriters, eventually one will bang out the complete works of Shakespeare.
Ed O is the monkey that did.  Complete fornicating accident.

The depths to which he sunk this program are embarrassing. 

2 years removed from his Shakespearian season, we are Dead fornicating last in the West.
Want to know how many total days in November we've spent all alone in dead last place of the division over the previous 20 years?  NOT A GOD DAMN ONE.

On campus atmosphere is toast. gone. non-existent. Parking lots are empty. nobody is tailgating on a very nice crisp November night. The student section wasn't even 20% full. in a 10 point game in the 3rd quarter.

We have now lost the last game we've played against every SEC West team except Miss St.

we are 10 and fornicating 11 since the championship game. 3 of those 10 are McNeese, Central Michigan, and ULM.
An additional 3 are against: 0-9 Vandy ; 2-8 Carolina ; 3-7 Arky.
that's 3-9 against teams that finished a season .500 or better.
THREE AND GODDAMN NINE

we will need to pull a big upset (pretty sure we'll be at least a 2 score underdog when the numbers come out) to salvage a trip to the Gasparilla bowl.
Seriously. I didn't even know that bowl existed until just now when i looked up the current bottom tier SEC tie ins to see what was our most likely destination.
There are currently 11 SEC teams that are bowl eligible as of right now.
LSU is not one of them.
There are 6 teams from the West alone that are bowl eligible.  
LSU is not one of them.