2021 GDT Man-Crush Thread

Nutriaitch

Time to revive the Man-Crush thread!!!!

rules:

• My game, my rules.
  • only ONE mancrush per poster
  • first come first served. 
  • an't crush on someone else’s guy. 
  • gotta stick by your guy as long as he is a member of the team until the season is over
  • unless you release him (or he graduates/early draft entry), your guy rolls with you into next season

Returning Crushes listed below:

Nootch ... Elias Ricks
Fishhead ... Derek Stingley
Houtiger ... John Emery
LSUDad ... Myles Brennan
Dachsie ....Kayshon Boutte
KCal ... Cade York
NS Mom ... Armoni Goodwin
Herb ... Max Johnson
Hatcher ... Brian Thomas Jr.
Eq4bits … Garrett Nussmeier
Watson … Masson Smith

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

My crush, to date, has not given me much reason to stick with him, but it would be my luck to release him and then he break out.

So, I'm sticking with John Emery.

Emery was my man crush when he was a freshman. I traded him in for Arik Gilbert and regretted the move ever since.

I agree with Fish...wise move, especially considering the relative inexperience at QB right now. We have talent in spades at QB but we'll likely be a run first, pass second kind of team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishhead said:

I think that's a wise move

2 hours ago, Herb said:

Emery was my man crush when he was a freshman. I traded him in for Arik Gilbert and regretted the move ever since.

I agree with Fish...wise move, especially considering the relative inexperience at QB right now. We have talent in spades at QB but we'll likely be a run first, pass second kind of team.

We'd all like the next Clyde EH.  I don't think Emery could be that effective, but he may be the closest we have this year.  He's a junior now, CEH didn't break out until his Jr. year.  I don't think Emery is as strong as CEH, like when CEH muscled into the end zone after running through a Bama DB.  CEH had the best spin move I've ever seen, not just once but many times.  Emery has a long way to go to show he can catch passes near as well as CEH, but I have seen him catch, maybe he can improve on that.  I don't know if Emery can see the hole, or if he needs to wait for the hole to develop.  Last year it did not appear the o-line helped him very much.  Does Emery have anything that is better than CEH?  I think his straight ahead speed is a little better than Clyde.  I can always hope for some "development" and some coaching from Faulk, that is my hope for this season.  I hope TDP also has a great season and we see development there.  Without development in both of those backs, its not likely we'll stand a legit chance against the top teams.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guess I’ll go with the freshman/back-up QB Garrett Nussmeier

sorry Ive been kind of out of it; hubs condition is not great, came to mda this week for left hip replacement due to avascular necrosis only to have it cancelled because they discovered he had a small nonsymptomatic stroke in the last 2 months an that led to discovery of 75% stenosis of left carotid artery so now they are trying to decide whether they can stent carotid or have yo go in & scoop the calcification out. Fml. I cant get a break….. things are very hard for us right now. At least lsu football is on the horizon

3 hours ago, Eq4bits said:

sorry Ive been kind of out of it; hubs condition is not great, came to mda this week for left hip replacement due to avascular necrosis only to have it cancelled because they discovered he had a small nonsymptomatic stroke in the last 2 months an that led to discovery of 75% stenosis of left carotid artery so now they are trying to decide whether they can stent carotid or have yo go in & scoop the calcification out. Fml. I cant get a break….. things are very hard for us right now. At least lsu football is on the horizon

Sorry to hear that, Eq, but like you, looking forward to football.  It kinda has a way of making things better

5 hours ago, Eq4bits said:

Bits, I’m still good to go to MD Blood Bank, let me know if y’all can use a little blood or platelets. I’m thinking I got too much or too many. Continued Thoughts and Prayers . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Eq4bits said:

What most people don't see is that you and your husband continue to build love for one another despite the trials and tests placed before you.

Y'all humble us that have no idea what it's like to stand in your shoes.

Also, you picked a damned good man crush...Garret's going to rewrite some records before he moves to the next level.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2021 at 3:04 PM, Eq4bits said:

So sorry EQ.  I really appreciate you checking on me while I was sick with all you have going on.  Prayers for you!

My man crush - Max Johnson - threw for 3 TDs despite having a somewhat pedestrian 161 yards passing and an average of only 6 yards per completion. More importantly, he looked like he took care of some of the mechanic issues I saw against UCLA.

If the OL can get it together and give him a little more protection, I'm pretty sure he'll start shining brighter.