Gameday Tigers

Friday Night Lights, Texas Style!

LSUDad

17 hours ago, Herb said:

Amazing.

Those stadiums are amazing for high school football.  BUT, those serve the whole school district, not just one school.  So, in the first picture, the name is "Tomball ISD Stadium", so it serves the whole "Independent School District", which may be from 8 to 16 high schools.  They have a football game on Thur. night, then one on Friday night, and two on Saturday (one in the afternoon, hot as hell, and one Sat. night).  My kid was in the band and I got to chaperon a few times.  So, a single stadium hosted 4 games per week, possibly covering 8 schools in the district.  When a district grew too large, then a second stadium would be built for the district.

The stadium in the Katy ISD couldn’t handle it. They had the land, so they built another stadium right next to another existing stadium. They start games 30 minutes apart.

This stadium services Tomball high and Tomball Memorial. Tomball’s district also includes Klein High, Klein Cain, Klein Collins, Klein Oak and Klein Forest. 

Edited by LSUDad

19 minutes ago, COTiger said:

Amazing HS stadium.  But then again, it's Texas where HS football reigns supreme.  What's the seating capacity?

ETA:  Amazing scoreboard.  A lot of colleges don't have boards that nice.

In some of the older stadiums, a trailer is brought in, set up. A Jumbotron elevates from the roof of the trailer. They also allow many games to be seen on your phone. I was watching Cinco Ranch play College Park on my phone, while watch a live game. My good friend is the Offensive Coordinator for Cinco. 

More on the stadium:  

https://www.tomballisd.net/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=1568559&type=d&pREC_ID=1835468

• Like 1

1 hour ago, COTiger said:

How many "good friends" do you have in the coaching ranks?  :rofl:

2, as in Too many! 😂 

I’m just a friendly guy, it’s my nature. 
The thing about coaches, I’ve told this before. You will never find a tighter group, one year, you are recruiting against a coach, the next year, you are on the same staff. 

1 hour ago, LSUDad said:

2, as in Too many! 😂 

I’m just a friendly guy, it’s my nature. 
The thing about coaches, I’ve told this before. You will never find a tighter group, one year, you are recruiting against a coach, the next year, you are on the same staff. 

Were you once in the coaching ranks?  A bit off topic, I wonder if the Tigers are flying or driving to Houston?  I under traffic is a mess.

On 8/28/2021 at 4:48 PM, COTiger said:

Were you once in the coaching ranks?  A bit off topic, I wonder if the Tigers are flying or driving to Houston?  I under traffic is a mess.

The Tigers came to town on buses, I heard the 5 hour trip took them 10 hours.

And I can attest, LSUDad is indeed a very friendly guy!  I've only known him for two years, we have lunch a few times a year and talk Tiger football for about 3 hours usually.  It is always a good time, very enjoyable!  Both being more "mature" than most on the site, we remember things that most don't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

The Tigers came to town on buses, I heard the 5 hour trip took them 10 hours.

And I can attest, LSUDad is indeed a very friendly guy!  I've only known him for two years, we have lunch a few times a year and talk Tiger football for about 3 hours usually.  It is always a good time, very enjoyable!  Both being more "mature" than most on the site, we remember things that most don't.

“Mature” I’m far from that. 😆 

4 hours ago, houtiger said:

I certainly believe LSUDad is a very friendly guy.  I was just giving him a gentle poke in the ribs.  As far as being mature, I suspect I'm the most mature member (74).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, COTiger said:

I certainly believe LSUDad is a very friendly guy.  I was just giving him a gentle poke in the ribs.  As far as being mature, I suspect I'm the most mature member (74).

You have me beat by 5 years, and Dad is a few year younger than me.

• Like 1

Well, the Tomball Memorial high school game In Beaumont is cancelled. A friend of mine is the Offensive Coordinator at Cinco Ranch, that game might also get canceled. 

Today I get a text from another friend asking if I want to make the Texas Tech/ U of Houston game. He has something to do with conference Bowl Games. A guy some might remember from the BTR Newspaper, Randy Rosetta, Randy is now a beat writer for Tx Tech, I texted Randy, but he’s not making the trip. 
So looks like I’ll make a game, then listen to the Tigers, get home and watch the game.