Gameday Tigers

Ida know about y'all

Fishhead

51 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

It is not looking good.  For now, I'm staying put.  Current track is  similar to Andrew in '92 more to the east though.

240886976_10227271229993095_922102531418

andrew_track.jpg?v=at&w=485&h=273&api=7d

Nootch is headed to my house and bringing the beer he lost in a bet earlier this year. I'm certain if needed, you can find refuge in Texas with some of us. 

• Like 1

Little known fact about Hurricane Andrew:

Everyone talks about the devastation in Florida (which is deserved because their shit building codes of the day are still killing people this year), but more people died in Louisiana from Hurricane Andrew than did in Florida.

This is from Plaquemines Parish Government! 

EVACUATE!!!!

SEEK HIGHER GROUND IMMEDIATELY!!!! If you live in the Braithwaite area between the Parish Line and White Ditch on the Eastbank SEEK HIGHER GROUND IMMEDIATELY!!!! 

We have received reports of the levee overtopping at White Ditch from PPSO. 

12 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

22 barges have broken loose in St. Bernard. 

Is that a common occurrence in hurricanes?  You would think with a storm of that magnitude & strength approaching they would go to great lengths to secure the barges.  Obviously not.

Edited by COTiger

10 minutes ago, COTiger said:

Is that a common occurrence in hurricanes?  You would think with a storm of that magnitude & strength approaching they would go to great lengths to secure the barges.  Obviously not.

I spent over thirty years, working on the Mississippi River. This one some might remember.