Gameday Tigers

US Out of Afghanistan

COTiger

Fox News is reporting and the 4 star CENTCOM commander is confirming that the last C17 departed from the Kabul airport with the commanding general in Afghanistan and the US Ambassador aboard.  Finally, the 20 year involvement has come to an end.  God bless the Americans who made the ultimate sacrifice in a war which in my opinion accomplished nothing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

That's something I can promise I've never done and likely never will.  

FWIW, I never watched his predecessors, either. 

I watched it just to confirm in my mind that he would blame everyone else for the fiasco.  He didn't disappoint.

• Like 2

You will note there is no political section on this site.  When it was formed, a wise decision was made NOT to have one.  We have been able to maintain cordial interactions on football, food, music, etc. 

If you want to post on politics, I recommend you do like I do and join political forum such as:

https://www.usmessageboard.com or https://debatepolitics.com  USmessageboard.com used to be pretty rough, no language filter, anything goes, but they may have moderated by now.  I used to enjoy it and could kick ass with the best of them.  My interests run to the stock market these days, and I don't waste my time on those sites anymore.

I am a registered independent of moderate views.  I find the extreme views on both sides distasteful.  I cannot ignore these posts, nor do I care to waste my time responding because nothing will change.  My only alternative to keep my blood pressure down is to leave the site, which I have done before on the predecessor site.

I may be the only moderate on the site, so you may only lose one poster.  Y'all decide, I'll abide.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, houtiger said:

You will note there is no political section on this site.  When it was formed, a wise decision was made NOT to have one.  We have been able to maintain cordial interactions on football, food, music, etc. 

If you want to post on politics, I recommend you do like I do and join political forum such as:

https://www.usmessageboard.com or https://debatepolitics.com  USmessageboard.com used to be pretty rough, no language filter, anything goes, but they may have moderated by now.  I used to enjoy it and could kick ass with the best of them.  My interests run to the stock market these days, and I don't waste my time on those sites anymore.

I am a registered independent of moderate views.  I find the extreme views on both sides distasteful.  I cannot ignore these posts, nor do I care to waste my time responding because nothing will change.  My only alternative to keep my blood pressure down is to leave the site, which I have done before on the predecessor site.

I may be the only moderate on the site, so you may only lose one poster.  Y'all decide, I'll abide.

When I started the thread I didn't intend for it to turn into a political discussion.  And for the most part I avoid discussing politics on the Internet.  Hell, I have two younger sisters who hold the complete opposite political position of mine.  I certainly don't discuss politics with them or my blood pressure would go off the chart.  Finally, your point is noted and I will abide.

I'm proud of our soldiers and glad they are back home and safe from suicide bombers and zealots with rockets. Glad we're out of that sinkhole.

May it rot from its own internal decay.

Happy our soldiers can finally spend time with their wives and children and enjoy a great LSU season.

With that said, I'm locking this thread.

Let's enjoy the season and pray that our soldiers have their scars of war heal. 

• Herb locked this topic