Gameday Tigers

LSU @ UCLA

Nutriaitch

I recorded Game Day and watched.  They had a GREAT long piece on Stingley.  His Dad said you could see when Derek was 2 or 3 years old, he was athletically talented.  We know Derek's grandfather was Darrel Stingley, a great wide receiver for the Patriots, who was paralyzed from the neck down during a game.  Derek Sr. had Jr. running routes when he was 3, and he sent some film to his father, and Darrel said "he's going to be a star when he grows up".  Pretty amazing.  One of the announcers dropped a comment, "don't be surprised if you see Derek Stingley line up as a wide receiver".   I don't know if they know something, but I thought when Sting was injured, O said they did not have time for him to work at WR.  We'll see.

The other thing that surprised me is Courso, Herbstreit, and their "odds picker" guy, all picked UCLA straight up.  That may be to not tick off the LA fans, but I don't see it.  They talk about the entire UCLA o-line being back and Sr.'s, they looked good against the Rainbow Warriors, but LSU is not Hawaii.

3 hours ago, houtiger said:

I recorded Game Day and watched.  They had a GREAT long piece on Stingley.  His Dad said you could see when Derek was 2 or 3 years old, he was athletically talented.  We know Derek's grandfather was Darrel Stingley, a great wide receiver for the Patriots, who was paralyzed from the neck down during a game.  Derek Sr. had Jr. running routes when he was 3, and he sent some film to his father, and Darrel said "he's going to be a star when he grows up".  Pretty amazing.  One of the announcers dropped a comment, "don't be surprised if you see Derek Stingley line up as a wide receiver".   I don't know if they know something, but I thought when Sting was injured, O said they did not have time for him to work at WR.  We'll see.

The other thing that surprised me is Courso, Herbstreit, and their "odds picker" guy, all picked UCLA straight up.  That may be to not tick off the LA fans, but I don't see it.  They talk about the entire UCLA o-line being back and Sr.'s, they looked good against the Rainbow Warriors, but LSU is not Hawaii.

That was a good one on Sting! Enjoyable to watch! 

I'll throw a name out there as a player with "breakout" potential tonight. 

Andre Anthony

Looking forward to him showing his true potential as he started to late last season now that a 4 man front is in full effect. He was a tweener in the 3-4, but his size, experience, and athleticism will be on display tonight. 

1 hour ago, Fishhead said:

I'll throw a name out there as a player with "breakout" potential tonight. 

Andre Anthony

Looking forward to him showing his true potential as he started to late last season now that a 4 man front is in full effect. He was a tweener in the 3-4, but his size, experience, and athleticism will be on display tonight. 

I hope you are right.  When Devin White was last in town, he addressed the team, and he spoke to "Dre" about being a leader.

8 hours ago, houtiger said:

Dude, it's just great to see you post something!  Are you back home?  Got power over dere?  Were you home when the eye went over?  That would warrant its own topic when you have time.

Yeah i’m back home-ish. Sleeping at sister’s house. 

We still have no power and no running water. 
Nah i wasn’t home, i evacuated to Casa del Fishhead  

but i did watch it on TV. my house got the eye, my grandmother’s house less than 2 miles away never did. Just stayed in that shitstorm of an evewall for hours  

• Like 1

Man, I haven't been so wrong since the Missouri game!  UCLA was for real, so Hawaii must not be as bad as I thought.  Charbonnet ran through Hawaii, but I didn't think he would on the Tigers, but he did.  Chip Kelly had a very good offensive game plan.  Don't throw at 1 or 7, throw at the other guys.  It worked.  But I am most disappointed that we couldn't stop their running game.

• Like 2