Gameday Tigers

Week 3 thoughts (CMU game)

Nutriaitch

3 hours ago, Fishhead said:

And then we'll say "well it was just MSU". 

I mean, neither of you is wrong to be skeptical.  Read my posts, listen to the podcast.  I'm skeptical as hell.  I'm just talking here. 

I was mentioning the "meat of the SEC schedule" because the SEC appears down this year so that phrase just doesn't carry much weight.  Missouri is SEC.  They looked like crap against the team we put away in the first half last night.  

Just for discussion, unrelated to how LSU is compared to anyone else in the SEC, curious as to y'all's thoughts so far.  I know Dachs you're in Aggieville, and CO you're in Colorado.  How do you guys view "#8 TAMU" after their first 3 games against absolute cupcakes?  I mention you, CO, because one of those cupcakes was Colorado.  

Probably warrants a separate thread, but for discussions sake, just wondering if anyone else is seeing what I'm seeing.  SEC is down.  Problem is, ACC is a complete and total joke lol.  Oklahoma struggling, tOSU already dropped a game and hasn't looked like a top team either.  It's a really weird season so far.  Setting up like 2007, maybe.  Chaos as we head through November.  

I said the first week A&M was not a top 5 team.  Now without their starting QB they are in even more trouble.  

I do understand what you are saying.  I think some SEC teams are going to be better than we thought (OM comes to mind and maybe Arky) and some won't be as good.  Time will tell.

I think you and CO are talking about 2 different things and neither of you are seeing what the other is saying.  

24 minutes ago, dachsie said:

I said the first week A&M was not a top 5 team.  Now without their starting QB they are in even more trouble.  

I do understand what you are saying.  I think some SEC teams are going to be better than we thought (OM comes to mind and maybe Arky) and some won't be as good.  Time will tell.

I think you and CO are talking about 2 different things and neither of you are seeing what the other is saying.  

I thought Ole Miss was going to be different this year (in a good way), especially if they got any semblance of defense. 

I think across the board both CO and I could be right. I don't see a truly dominant couple of teams, but all in all, there's teams that are improved, so there's more parity. So to me the SEC doesn't have a true dominant team, but to his argument, the entire league across the board may average out better than normal. 

Makes it more fun,  IMO. 

2 hours ago, COTiger said:

Damn, you're a little sensitive.  Pardon me for not replying to your thread like you wanted.

It's all good. I've known for years rational discussion was off the table with you lol. Thought maybe things had changed and actual conversation was possible. My bad. 

21 minutes ago, COTiger said:

But take a look at the Coach's Poll & count the number of SEC teams in the Top 25.

this early in season polls are purely guesswork. which is why i’ve always said there shouldn’t be any until 2nd week of October at earliest  

we’ve already had more ranked team lose through first 2 weeks than any other year in poll era. 

54 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

54 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

this early in season polls are purely guesswork. which is why i’ve always said there shouldn’t be any until 2nd week of October at earliest  

we’ve already had more ranked team lose through first 2 weeks than any other year in poll era. 

There are 9 teams in the top 25 that have one loss.  That suggests to me that perhaps they are playing stiffer competition.

4 hours ago, COTiger said:

There are 9 teams in the top 25 that have one loss.  That suggests to me that perhaps they are playing stiffer competition.

yea, several were “ranked vs ranked” where you were guaranteed one losing. 

but most weren’t. 
they were just losses to teams that people guessed were worse than them before seeing anything on the field. 

preseason polls are typically waaaay off from reality. 
weeks 1-2 they tend to “over-correct” themselves by dropping some teams to low and raising some too high. 
weeks 3-5 start balancing things out. 

Then by week 6 (mid October) you no longer see drastic swings as we have enough info accurately grade teams. Only way you see huge shifts if if injuries decimate a team. 

4 hours ago, houtiger said:

Any word on Sage Ryan injury progress?  He came in as #1 safety recruit.  If he's legit, it seems he could help the team when he can play.  Hearing anything?

He's allegedly good to go 

I'm having a hard time believing anything coming out on the injury front though. The day before UCLA O had Small listed as starting LB. Then he was out for the season on game day. I know he didn't injure himself walking into the stadium, and in fact suffered the injury in camp. So I just don't buy anything they say anymore.