Gameday Tigers

The Fix is In

Fishhead

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the entire officiating crew. No idea which genius made the call:

Referee: John McDaid  •  Umpire: Tom Quick  •  Linesman: Gary Jayroe  •  Line judge: Chad Lorance  •  Back judge: Martin Hankins  •  Field judge: P. Davenport  •  Side judge: Allan Nicholson •  Center judge: Brian Davis  •  

http://www.lsusports.net/fls/5200/assets/docs/fb/18stats/ls08.htm

17 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

Referee: John McDaid  •  Umpire: Tom Quick  •  Linesman: Gary Jayroe  •  Line judge: Chad Lorance  •  Back judge: Martin Hankins  •  Field judge: P. Davenport  •  Side judge: Allan Nicholson •  Center judge: Brian Davis  •  

White hat made the call. The mysterious unnamed replay official in Alabama upheld it.

It won't do shyte, but he's gotta put on the "try".

LSU athletic director Joe Alleva has contacted the Southeastern Conference office to voice his displeasure with the targeting foul called Saturday against Devin White that'll cost the star linebacker the first half against Alabama in two weeks.

According to LSU athletic sources, Alleva has been on the the phone with league officials since the call was made last night.

There is no formal appeals process for the ruling.

White was flagged for targeting Saturday against Mississippi State quarterback Nick Fitzgerald with 5:53 left in the game.

Targeting comes with an automatic ejection. And if the targeting foul occurs in the second half, the player must sit out the first half of the upcoming game. In this case, that's Alabama vs. LSU on Nov. 3 in Tiger Stadium.

Referee John McDaid reviewed the play on video and confirmed the targeting call, much to the chagrin of the LSU crowd. Fans voiced their displeasure for most of the rest of the game and continued booing when McDaid ran off the field into the chute at the north end of the stadium at game’s end.

For the rest of the story:

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_d397eff4-d54a-11e8-be01-f74652c61351.html?utm_content=bufferb2045&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

1 hour ago, Hatchertiger said:

I never want to see any of those assholes in tiger stadium again. ESPECIALLY McDaid. I hope we get students ejected from the stands for pelting him with shyt if he does. I want him to be f'ing trembling and afraid to blow ... ummm... his whistle.

1 hour ago, Nutriaitch said:

Joe has to try. 

I don’t think he’ll get anywhere as quick as the league defended the call though. 

his only shot is if this catches fire in the national media and “non-LSU” guys start really pushing it. 

I agree he has to try, and I agree he won't get anywhere after they doubled down in their written statement.

I have talked to a lot of fans of not only other teams, but in other conferences, that I know. They were pissed off too. Of course, I have been working on them getting them to be LSU fans for their second team, so they may have some bias. I don't think it will catch on with other media though. 

I think we are at "it is what it is" and now O has to spend the next two weeks working on plans, and getting Queen up to speed enough to fill in for a half well enough to minimize the damage. 

1 hour ago, Nutriaitch said:

Joe has to try. 

I don’t think he’ll get anywhere as quick as the league defended the call though. 

his only shot is if this catches fire in the national media and “non-LSU” guys start really pushing it. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/brodyamiller/status/1054043420652638209?s=21

Well well well 

I personally think he should hold multiple press conferences with the Alabama "non-target" against Tennessee playing in the back drop with Whites "target" on split screen

I have not had time to watch any other games this year. Mostly due to tailgating. I only went back two games (for now) and the Gumps had most of this same officiating crew when they played Arky. Anyone remember big gifts to the team from Tuscaloosa in that game? It was a completely different crew last week that went "ho hum" to a player throwing punches and then deciding to let Nicky handle any "penalties".  Below is the crew for the Gump/Hog game.

edit: Crap. Cutting and pasting info is not working. Here is link: https://rolltide.com/boxscore.aspx?id=11134&path=football

2 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

Just check out the video i posted from yesterday's Inbred Gumps/ Tennessee game. It matters not what crew is on the field. Birmingham is where the issue is

I will check it out. But I agree. I was just curious if this particular crew could be pointed to for major inconsistencies. There is no argument leverage with "any crew". I am still a raging femaledog over this. (Hush, Fish. lol) I want to see that crew's head, especially McDaid's, head's on a silver platter.

3 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

Joe has to try. 

No - everyone is brushing it aside and barely even playing it.  It's a dead issue unfortunately

This just in. LSU has been granted an appeal of the first half suspension of Devin White.  The appeal will be "heard" Saturday November 3rd in Baton Rouge LA right here: 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tiger+Stadium/@30.412035,-91.1838163,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x1bcad7ecd11057ab!8m2!3d30.412035!4d-91.1838163

Time is TBA. Go Tigers!!!!!!

1 hour ago, dachsie said:

DqC4hQIW4AA20qN.thumb.jpg.827ec3482096ec72f3a27f33a9e31215.jpg

key phrase:

”the conference has the option”

well, the SEC has already issued a statement, and Herb Vincent (LSU guy) has even said no appeal. 

so we gonna fight this as hard as we can. Joe gonna try not to sh!t his own britches. 

but we as a fan base need to be prepared for what’s the most likely outcome. 

Archived