Gameday Tigers

LSU @ Moo State

Nutriaitch

I was thinking we should try moving the Bama game to 7:00 AM in Tiger Stadium. Our fans will already have had a few Bloody Mary's and their team might still be asleep.

It would also interfere with cartoon time slots that their adult fan base would be frustrated by.

• Like 2

7-3 at the half.  Offense looks putrid led by the OL 

Defense is bend don't break, got a couple pastries and has kept the play in front of them.  A huge shift from last year against the air raid of Mike Leach.  Good scheme by Jones.  Results in frustrating viewing watching us not getting pressure and Will Rogers having all day to throw, but it flat out works.

Line was 2.5 in favor of LSU.  Won by 3 on the road in Starkvegas.  What did LSU fans think was gonna happen?  

This is one of those seasons where the outcome is pretty much decided early.  Some seasons you can see drastic improvement from week one to week 12.  This isn't that year because we aren't allowed to get free agents to play OL and S.  I'm just glad we don't also need to get free agents to play LB, which I was certain we did after week one. 
But the OL cannot be fixed mid season.  We played a true frosh at LT most of the game.  He'll improve as the year goes on, but Hines and Ingram are what they are.  If anything, they've gotten worse.  Deculus, I seriously believe he has some nagging issue like back spasms are something because he literally goes down every game but is obviously not significantly injured because he comes right back in a few plays later. 
That's not fixable and we cannot develop a run game behind this line. 

The defense is infinitely better than last year.  Go re-watch the MSU game from then.  This game is too frustrating for most LSU fans who know next to nothing about football but like flashy plays.  Against the air raid, you have to keep the ball in front of you.  Rush 3 and drop 8 is exactly what to do against air raid.  They'll get tons of yards but once they get to the red zone, they have an issue.  That's exactly what happened today until the very end.  They threw for literally an SEC record against us last season lol.  This was a VAST improvement defensively. 

With this team, we shouldn't be upset about ANY conference win.  This is a year you play young guys, get them experience, and get better personnel in the off season through recruiting and the portal. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, COTiger said:

That's what I expected.  Mr Know-It-All failed to demonstrate his vast, superior knowledge of college football.  I'm not surprised.   

Iconsnoozin.gif

You bring nothing to the conversation, CO.  Just "get off my lawn".  I posted early in the game about how it looked and your reply was "I don't think we're watching the same game". But you offer actually nothing substantive.  What did you see that I didn't *at that point in the game? My comment was right before half, and your smart arse response (typical) was over an hour later.  So tell me, when the score was 7-3, what did I miss? 

To be fair, I'll show you what you responded to: 

7-3 at the half.  Offense looks putrid led by the OL 

Defense is bend don't break, got a couple pastries and has kept the play in front of them.  A huge shift from last year against the air raid of Mike Leach.  Good scheme by Jones.  Results in frustrating viewing watching us not getting pressure and Will Rogers having all day to throw, but it flat out works.

So pick it apart.  Tell me what I said that was incorrect at the time I said it.  Otherwise, what's the point in your comment?  Just to b*tch?  That's OK too, but not in response to what I said to which you replied. 

Did you think I got the score wrong?  Or did you think the offense looked spectacular?  Or did you think the defense WASN'T bend but not break and had actually NOT gotten two turnovers?  Did you disagree that it was frustrating to watch, that we actually got good pressure and Will Rogers did NOT have all day to throw?  
Or did you think at the time I said it, with MSU having scored 3 whole points, that it wasn't working?  

Do tell.

For instance, I told you a couple weeks ago the SEC was down.  Pay attention, take notes, whatever you need to do besides look at week 2 or 3 rankings. 

TAMU, down
AU, down

Georgia is the best team in the country and it ain't close.  Bama is top 5 for now, but we'll see going forward.  Ole Miss is underrated.  Arky as well, but neither one of them is top 10 material.  

On 9/25/2021 at 6:10 PM, Fishhead said:

For instance, I told you a couple weeks ago the SEC was down.  Pay attention, take notes, whatever you need to do besides look at week 2 or 3 rankings. 

TAMU, down
AU, down

Georgia is the best team in the country and it ain't close.  Gumps is top 5 for now, but we'll see going forward.  Ole Miss is underrated.  Arky as well, but neither one of them is top 10 material.  

The SEC is down except for UGA...and Kentucky lol.  Mr. College Football told you this a month ago.