Gameday Tigers

Week 3 thoughts (Miss St game)

Nutriaitch

Typical contest in Starkville. 

mostly uninspiring game by both teams in a shitty time slot. 

wasn’t anything exciting, or even fun to watch, but we did what was necessary to win the game. 

and in the SEC, a win is a win. 

We are who we are at this point. 
Don’t see how we can really fix things with current personnel. 

3 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

Typical contest in Starkville. 

mostly uninspiring game by both teams in a shitty time slot. 

wasn’t anything exciting, or even fun to watch, but we did what was necessary to win the game. 

and in the SEC, a win is a win. 

We are who we are at this point. 
Don’t see how we can really fix things with current personnel. 

Imo current personnel in your post is OL, period. 

Max is setting records somehow. His mechanics are inconsistent at best and he continues to throw off his back foot. This is likely PTSD from having to play behind this OL. Max has, what, 23 TDs to 4INTs in his 6 starts? And he's getting better at stepping up into the pocket.  Imagine if there was better run blocking and a serviceable run game. 

The OL being decent could improve the run game, and by extension,  Max's already good play.

Defense is improving, although it was painful to watch that style yesterday. Would be nice to have the best players on the field all the time. 

Damone has a ton of tackles, but I'm interested how he looks against a more conventional offense this weekend. 

I know the idea Saturday was keep the play in front of you, but if you watch the actual plays, Clark is slow to react.  I watched one play where he was standing at the 48.5 yd line, then the snap, then the running back crosses the LOS, and Clark is still standing at the 48.5.  He made the tackle 6 yards later.  I don't think he reacts fast enough or he could actually be elite.  That RB should've been hit in the gap for a no gain or 1 yd gain.  Not 6-7 yards later. 

Stats are deceiving, and Cordale Flott not being SEC DPOW is criminal.