Gameday Tigers

Auburn Sucks

Nutriaitch

The oddsmakers have LSU as a 3 pt. favorite.  Whachagot?  If Bo Nix is QB and they play like against Ga. St., they lose.  But they did win, and their only loss is to a highly ranked Penn St. team.  UCLA lost to Fresno St. in their next game after LSU, which only makes our loss to them look pitiful, which we all know it was.

I can almost write off our loss to UCLA as a FUBAR.  Then it was, OK boys, we've got to get serious if you want to have a good season.  We're getting better, but I'm not sure it is fast enough.  The o-line still needs a lot of work, but I swear if they could all count as high as 5 or 6 and figure out WHO to block, we'd be ok.  I have hope it is coachable.

Does Auburn start Nix or Finley?  Finley is clearly the better passer IMO, but he's not very mobile.  He can sidestep a rusher, but not a downfield threat.  As I say, his best pass was the best on the team last year, but his worst pass was the worst on the team.  Auburn has only seen him in spots, not a whole game where the mistake can cost you a game.

Max is getting a little better, as you would expect with playing time.

I'll take LSU and give Auburn the points.

The rumor is that Finley WILL play, dunno if he starts but it wouldn’t surprise me.

I can state with certainty that Auburn would’ve lost to GSU had it not been for Finley’s determination on the final drive. Our OL leaves a lot to be desired, and I’m being kind here. 

If Orgeron isn’t blitzing on every down he should be fired.

Here’s a summary of National/regional media picks for the game:

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/auburn-lsu-preview-picks-2021-172135911/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cadillacattack said:

Here’s a summary of National/regional media picks for the game:

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/auburn-lsu-preview-picks-2021-172135911/

It looks like a "pick it" kind of game.  It seems like both teams are searching for improvement, and we just don't know who is going to find it and execute Sat. night.

It will be interesting and I'll be watching.

8 hours ago, cadillacattack said:

Like the annual migration of the Sandhill Cranes, I always look forward to Nootch's annual post of "Auburn sucks" .... lol

It's good to know that as I get older, some things can be counted on to never change ...

DnpV6QE.gif

good to see you Caddy. 

i wish your team nothing but tears and hardships this week. 

• Like 1

<inside joke>I bought a fresh can of shaving cream, so I expect our offensive line to start playing with purpose again.</inside joke>

I see LSU winning by about 17 points and the LSU running game being back on a par with what we're used to.

The key to that kind of point margin victory will be tackling by our LBs, safeties, and corners. If we play (and tackle) like we did against Mississippi State, we should be good. I'm not worried about LSU's offense and I do think our OL will start Barbasoling -- err, I mean 'Gel'ing. (Sorry.)

I also look for a return TD for the Tigers.

Now, we need to get Fishhead to do a 15 second count before he launches into:

T

I

G

3 hours ago, Herb said:

I see LSU winning by about 17 points and the LSU running game being back on a par with what we're used to.

The key to that kind of point margin victory will be tackling by our LBs, safeties, and corners. If we play (and tackle) like we did against Mississippi State, we should be good. I'm not worried about LSU's offense and I do think our OL will start Barbasoling -- err, I mean 'Gel'ing. (Sorry.)

I also look for a return TD for the Tigers.

I hope you are right!  I think our LB play has improved since the start of the season.  Safeties also.

The o-line and run game, I don't know.  They have shown some improvement, but we are still not on par with what we are used to, IMO.

OQ1e1SR.jpgI suspect we are watching two teams that are continuing the effort to find their respective identities…. clouded by the disarray of significant rebuilding plans for both organizations. 

To me, this game will come down to turnovers. The team that edges the turnover battle will win, IMO …. and there’s just no telling who that will be. If Auburn has an edge, it may be with FG kicking .

I’m in Columbia and leaving for the tailgate in about 20 minutes (UT-UM game) …. should be a great day of good football all day long today. Safe travels everybody …

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 5:00 PM, cadillacattack said:

If Orgeron isn’t blitzing on every down he should be fired.

that probably doesn't crack the top 10 reasons he should be fired.

On 10/2/2021 at 7:35 AM, cadillacattack said:

If Auburn has an edge, it may be with FG kicking .

um, LSU has the best kicker in the country.