Gameday Tigers

LSU vs WarPlainsTigerEaglesMen

Nutriaitch

Ugh.

1999. Last time Auburn beat us at home.

52 yds rushing. Still can't block against a lower tier SEC team (which is what we are now for the foreseeable future).

It seems like the only players with any drive are the true freshmen and only a handful of others.

I think the coach has 'lost the team'.

There is literally nobody on the staff that can take over as an interim HC, which is probably the way Orgeron wanted it, so he likely won't be fired until the end of the season.

Seriously, we might be forced to figure out which is the better bowl for us: the Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl or the TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl. Maybe - just maybe - we might get invited to the Duke's Mayo Bowl.

Very physical game, and certainly the most physical game from the AU defense in a couple of seasons. Surprising to me.

I guess I haven’t been paying as close attention as I thought, but I was stunned at the lack of rushing attack for LSU. That is something I cannot recall ever seeing from LSU.  

I think both our teams suffer from the same Achilles heel ….. consistently poor OL play and lack of depth.

It was a hard fought game on both sides, which is as usual.  But, not a thing of beauty for either team.  Auburn earned the win on some amazing scrambling by Nix, was it his best game of his career?  Maybe.

For LSU, the concerns are the same.  The o-line is not effective, so they get pressure on the QB, and we can't run the ball.  Kiner comes in and is effective, and we don't see him again.  Johnson is a soph, and he is playing like it.

I looked at Brad Davis bio, he has not been at a place more than one year except rarely, and not in top programs then.  I cut off a few more grad assistant jobs.

2008 North Carolina (Graduate Assistant – Offensive Line)
2009-13 Portland State (Offensive Line/Run Game Coordinator)
2014 James Madison (Offensive Line/Co-Offensive Coordinator)
2015 East Carolina (Offensive Line/Run Game Coordinator)
2016 North Texas (Offensive Line/Run Game Coordinator)
2017 Florida (Offensive Line)
2018-19 Missouri (Offensive Line)
2020 Arkansas (offensive line)
2021 LSU (offensive line)

2 hours ago, Herb said:

I think the coach has 'lost the team'.There is literally nobody on the staff that can take over as an interim HC, which is probably the way Orgeron wanted it, so he likely won't be fired until the end of the season.

That's exactly how he wants it. Name one guy that he has ever hired that was even a slight threat to ever land a head coaching job (at time O hired him) anywhere in the country.

There are none.

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

I looked at Brad Davis bio,

so he's added to the list of terrible assistant hires by O?

what are we up to 13? 14?
vs 1 good one.

Once is an accident.
Twice is a coincidence.
Over a dozen? you just suck.

On 10/3/2021 at 8:04 AM, Herb said:

Seriously, we might be forced to figure out which is the better bowl for us: the Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl or the TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl. Maybe - just maybe - we might get invited to the Duke's Mayo Bowl.

Lol bowl?? This ain't like last year where everyone gets a bowl game