Gameday Tigers

Week 6 thoughts (Post KY)

Nutriaitch

So, we finally give TDP an adequate number of carries and he responds by giving us 147 yds rushing with a 6.7 ypc average. Goodwin had a 4.5 yd per carry average on 4 carries for 18 additional yds.  Because of Max Johnson's sacks, we would up with TDP's total rushing yardage.

Malik Nabers showed some flashes and averaged 22 yds per catch.

That's the good news.

The bad news:

Looks like we lost Boutte forever. His injury was nasty looking. To me it looked like he popped his Achilles. His foot was flailing around wildly as the play finalized.

Orgeron is still HC. 

Max Johnson continues to have issues with his mechanics and getting the ball out quickly. He was sacked 4 times thanks to our stellar OL play. All around he was slightly below average when he needed to have a good game.

The OL still is trash.

The guy that cut Joe Brady's grass called a very unimaginative offensive game.

We made zero adjustments at halftime as far as I could see.

The players overall look like they have given up.

Curley Hallman was drinking beer in his living room shouting "See, I wasn't so bad!" to his TV set.

10 hours ago, Herb said:

So, we finally give TDP an adequate number of carries and he responds by giving us 147 yds rushing with a 6.7 ypc average. Goodwin had a 4.5 yd per carry average on 4 carries for 18 additional yds.  Because of Max Johnson's sacks, we would up with TDP's total rushing yardage.

Malik Nabers showed some flashes and averaged 22 yds per catch.

That's the good news.

The bad news:

Looks like we lost Boutte forever. His injury was nasty looking. To me it looked like he popped his Achilles. His foot was flailing around wildly as the play finalized.

Orgeron is still HC. 

Max Johnson continues to have issues with his mechanics and getting the ball out quickly. He was sacked 4 times thanks to our stellar OL play. All around he was slightly below average when he needed to have a good game.

The OL still is trash.

The guy that cut Joe Brady's grass called a very unimaginative offensive game.

We made zero adjustments at halftime as far as I could see.

The players overall look like they have given up.

Curley Hallman was drinking beer in his living room shouting "See, I wasn't so bad!" to his TV set.

I thought the OL played their best game.  Max holds the damn ball too long.  Exactly one of the four sacks was on the OL.  3 were on him.  That's according to PFF.

Regarding TDP, I agree, obviously, as I was screaming it from the rooftops we had to give a guy carries.  However, with the game out of reach, KY was playing to keep everything in front of them. There's a little of both there.  

Boutte broke his foot, not an achilles injury.  The only silver lining there is he can come back next year and the rest of the young WRs get valuable reps, like Boutte did when Chase and then Marshall opted out.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Regarding TDP, I agree, obviously, as I was screaming it from the rooftops we had to give a guy carries.  However, with the game out of reach, KY was playing to keep everything in front of them. There's a little of both there.

We all were and you are right...some of that yardage was "padding" from their late game scheme.

The frustrating thing to me is...

You need to run when you have a lead to put the game away. We didn't try vs MSU or AU. Almost cost us the MSU game and did cost us the AU game. 

Then we fall behind big against Kentucky and we run run run. Successfully, but the clock run run runs as well which isn't conducive to a comeback. 

Mind boggling

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fishhead said:

The frustrating thing to me is...

You need to run when you have a lead to put the game away. We didn't try vs MSU or AU. Almost cost us the MSU game and did cost us the AU game. 

Then we fall behind big against Kentucky and we run run run. Successfully, but the clock run run runs as well which isn't conducive to a comeback. 

Mind boggling

The running was to silence the critics against KU. The decision to run likely had little to do with game planning or strategy to win.

20 minutes ago, Herb said:

The running was to silence the critics against KU.

you ain’t silencing shyte when down 35-7 to KY

20 minutes ago, Herb said:

The decision to run likely had little to do with game planning or strategy to win.

another of O’s (many) fatal flaws. 
he’s more worried about what people think of him than he he is fixing the things people femaledog about. 

it’s why he hired fat Goebbels as his very first move as interim. 

• Like 1