Gameday Tigers

The Best Hire At LSU?

LSUDad

8 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

How would you rank the hire of Scott Woodward, is he in the discussion? 

I really like the Woodward hire. But it is waaaaaaaaay too early in his tenure to put him in best ever LSU hires discussion.

none of his coaching hires have even coached a single game yet, so you really can't give him a fair or accurate grade.
I'm very confident in Mulkey and jay johnson being excellent hires that will bring home some hardware. But they have to actually do it before Woodward gets the credit (or blame if they don't).

Same with potential football hire. I have total faith in Woody nailing the hire. But the hire has to be made, and that guy has to coach some games before we can say whether or not he nailed it.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

The hire of “Bottom Line” Bob Brodhead?  

Skip Bertman:  5 Titles as coach. Completely revolutionized the sport. Considered by many to be hugely responsible for the entire sport's popularity n a national level. Baseball and Football hires each won Titles as well, so that's 7 he gets credit for.
Pat Henry: 27 National Championships at LSU.

Don't know of anyone else at LSU that can honestly stack up against those 2 guys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

Skip Bertman:  5 Titles as coach. Completely revolutionized the sport. Considered by many to be hugely responsible for the entire sport's popularity n a national level. Baseball and Football hires each won Titles as well, so that's 7 he gets credit for.
Pat Henry: 27 National Championships at LSU.

Don't know of anyone else at LSU that can honestly stack up against those 2 guys.

The hire of Arnsparger was a good one, if he would have stayed, we had a good shot at a National Championship. 
True, those two were winning NC, great times. 

I know it’s a little early on Woody, but looking at his track record, I see a continuation of riches. 

Bertman also hired Les Miles - arguably LSU's most successful football HC to date.

Joe Dean might also be in the discussion as well as Mark Emmert.

I concur with Nootch...so far I am optimistic that Woodward has made 2 great hires and I am confident his next one will be good also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LSUDad said:

The hire of Arnsparger was a good one, if he would have stayed, we had a good shot at a National Championship. 
True, those two were winning NC, great times. 

I know it’s a little early on Woody, but looking at his track record, I see a continuation of riches. 

yeah o thought about Arnsparger, but waaaay to short of a career here. 

41 minutes ago, Herb said:

Bertman also hired Les Miles - arguably LSU's most successful football HC to date.

Joe Dean might also be in the discussion as well as Mark Emmert.

I concur with Nootch...so far I am optimistic that Woodward has made 2 great hires and I am confident his next one will be good also.

Joe Dean isn’t anywhere near the top of the list. 

yeah he hired Pat Henry. 
bur he inherited Skip, so doesn’t get credit for those titles. 
He also hired Curley and DiNardo. 

Emmett made the Saban hire, not Joe, so he doesn’t get that credit either. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
9 hours ago, dachsie said:

Yea - time to rate the Woodward hire:

A+

He got one, he’s good. As for Jay, he had too many incentives. All coaches, Woody has his way to give back. The Athletic Department gave back to LSU! 

Edited by LSUDad

• 4 weeks later...