Gameday Tigers

He Gone

Fishhead

When O says lately "I'll be alright", he means it.  He has made a lot of money for years, ever since he coached at OM.  He's made a lot at LSU.  He has to split a lot with Kelly, but probably not the $17 mil. since they are separated, I guess legally separated.  He's 60 and small time rich.  I would just retire, I did at 61.

I'm willing to bet LSU does not wind up paying Orgeron the balance of the $17 million. 

That is probably a face saving detail for Orgeron but I'm guessing the actual agreement is short of that.  It also would shrink some if Orgeron was hired elsewhere.

At the end of the day, I respect what he did here (mostly) but I am glad he'll be leaving. In the long run, our program will be in better hands.

I also think there are HC jobs for Orgeron that are better "fits" for what he is good at. One that comes to mind is Nebraska...Orgeron is tailor made for that kind of gig. To succeed at Nebraska you need to recruit the 3 and 4 star kids from neighboring states and play basic, solid football. 

SEC jobs demand way more than Euax has. It's just the way it is.

You certainly cannot complain about O's attitude over his separation from LSU.  He seems committed to doing his best through the end of the season, and in continuing to recruit for LSU.  I think it is true that clearing up the situation will make it easier on the players to concentrate on playing football, not gathering in rooms and asking "what did you here, do you think they're going to fire coach?".  I've been through that when the company knows a layoff is coming, and folks are not getting much done, but worrying if they are going to have a job.

There is what someone says and what someone does, so we'll see with O.  But if he and his assistants are looking for their next gig, it would pay to look good.

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

That is why you don't start threatening O about firing for cause and try to negotiate down his buyout.  Then you take a bad situation and make it ten times worse. 

i don’t think Woody ever threatened it. that was just fan speculation.

because like i posted before, nobody wants an ugly divorce.  All dirty laundry (on both sides) gets aired out when that happens  

• Like 1