Gameday Tigers

LSU @ Ole Landmass

Nutriaitch

21 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

FWIW, the defense played UF and OM pretty much the same.  Just that the opposing QB at OM is infinitely better than at UF.

Agree one offense has played one game and the other has played 7.

They did.  We gave up 470 yards TO to the Rebs & 488 yards to the Gayturds.  The last four games are going to be really, really, UGLY!!!

My day's itinerary today:

3:30 AM: (Eastern Time) Wake Up.
4:00 AM: Wife and I leave for airport.
6:15 AM : Flight departs Baltimore for Denver (3 hour 45 minute flight).
8:30 AM: (Mountain Time) plane lands and we spend next 45 minutes de-planing and getting baggage.
9:15 AM: Hop on shuttle bus to take us to offsite Alamo car rental facility.
10:00 AM: Finally get rental car and drive into Denver to grab breakfast.
11:00 AM: Hop in rental car and drive to Ogallala, Nebraska.
2:00 PM: Arrive at motel and check into room.
2:03 PM: Turn on TV to see Max Johnson throw what looked like a 4th and goal INT with LSU up 7-0.
2:08 PM: Turn off TV after watching Ole Miss start running like a hot knife through butter on the previous few plays.
2:09 PM: Drive 25 minutes to Grant, Nebraska to visit with my 97 year old Father-in-law (ex tail gunner in WWII...great guy, still golfs)
3:47 PM: Watch last several plays of LSU v Ole Miss...apparently Nussmeier threw a TD right before we turned on the TV?

Spent the rest of the afternoon playing cards with my wife, father-in-law, and his wife.

Not sure I'll watch a replay, but will read a game recap later.

Time for sleep.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Herb said:

My day's itinerary today:

3:30 AM: (Eastern Time) Wake Up.
4:00 AM: Wife and I leave for airport.
6:15 AM : Flight departs Baltimore for Denver (3 hour 45 minute flight).
8:30 AM: (Mountain Time) plane lands and we spend next 45 minutes de-planing and getting baggage.
9:15 AM: Hop on shuttle bus to take us to offsite Alamo car rental facility.
10:00 AM: Finally get rental car and drive into Denver to grab breakfast.
11:00 AM: Hop in rental car and drive to Ogallala, Nebraska.
2:00 PM: Arrive at motel and check into room.
2:03 PM: Turn on TV to see Max Johnson throw what looked like a 4th and goal INT with LSU up 7-0.
2:08 PM: Turn off TV after watching Ole Miss start running like a hot knife through butter on the previous few plays.
2:09 PM: Drive 25 minutes to Grant, Nebraska to visit with my 97 year old Father-in-law (ex tail gunner in WWII...great guy, still golfs)
3:47 PM: Watch last several plays of LSU v Ole Miss...apparently Nussmeier threw a TD right before we turned on the TV?

Spent the rest of the afternoon playing cards with my wife, father-in-law, and his wife.

Not sure I'll watch a replay, but will read a game recap later.

Time for sleep.

Damn, what a day.  Thank your father in law for his service during WWII from an Air Force retiree.

Edited by COTiger
  • Like 3

I forgot to mention in my previous post that my deceased father in law was a B-17 pilot during WW 2.  Some of the stories he told me about bombing missions over Germany made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.  He said that was the first time that he could recall sharing those experiences with anyone.  Perhaps it was because I was currently in the Air Force and had recently experienced a year in Nam.  He is the perfect example of why they were deservedly called America's Greatest Generation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, COTiger said:

I forgot to mention in my previous post that my deceased father in law was a B-17 pilot during WW 2.  Some of the stories he told me about bombing missions over Germany made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.  He said that was the first time that he could recall sharing those experiences with anyone.  Perhaps it was because I was currently in the Air Force and had recently experienced a year in Nam.  He is the perfect example of why they were deservedly called America's Greatest Generation. 

And you hear kids today bitching about stuff...they have no idea.

Thanks for your service, COTiger. You and your fellow Nam soldiers got the shit end of the stick from a lot of Americans upon your return. I hope and pray we make amends.

9 hours ago, Herb said:

And you hear kids today bitching about stuff...they have no idea.

Thanks for your service, COTiger. You and your fellow Nam soldiers got the shyte end of the stick from a lot of Americans upon your return. I hope and pray we make amends.

Thanks Herb.  To be honest I didn't catch a lot of shyte upon my return to the States.  Perhaps it was because my next assignment was to the Air Force Academy.  In addition to the Academy, Colorado Springs is host to HQ NORAD, Peterson AFB & Fort Carson so there was lots of support for the military in the early '70s.

• Like 2