Gameday Tigers

Eli Ricks in Transfer Portal

Fishhead

If he can't wait another 7 days to find out who the coach is, then..........

1. He already knows and doesn't like it
2. He doesn't care who it is, he gone

I know that's not necessarily absolute, but with Ricks it's been clear he isn't and hasn't been "bought in".  Lots of guys like that on this team.  Then there's guys like Jay Ward, Flott, McGlothern..........we can succeed with them.  Very talented, young, and bought in beats UBER talented and not bought in.  All we have to do is look at the last 3 games of defense

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 11:05 AM, Fishhead said:

If he can't wait another 7 days to find out who the coach is, then..........

1. He already knows and doesn't like it
2. He doesn't care who it is, he gone

I know that's not necessarily absolute, but with Ricks it's been clear he isn't and hasn't been "bought in".  Lots of guys like that on this team.  Then there's guys like Jay Ward, Flott, McGlothern..........we can succeed with them.  Very talented, young, and bought in beats UBER talented and not bought in.  All we have to do is look at the last 3 games of defense

Couldn't it also be that - much like HS recruits - he just wants some attention? He's doing a looky-lou.

The process might take more than 7 days.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2021 at 2:44 PM, Fishhead said:

I think LSU got caught off guard with NIL, but it'll be quickly rectified. 

And by LSU I mean the big boosters. Easy to understand when they're forking out millions for Alleva's errors

The big error was Woody giving O a six year deal at 9 mil a year after he won the natty.  He had two years left on his original deal, and a four year deal at 9 mil would have been plenty.  Alleva's deal with O was just fine.

55 minutes ago, houtiger said:

The big error was Woody giving O a six year deal at 9 mil a year after he won the natty.  He had two years left on his original deal, and a four year deal at 9 mil would have been plenty.  Alleva's deal with O was just fine.

The big error was hiring O, and yes, Woody confounded the issue. 

22 hours ago, houtiger said:

Alleva's deal with O was just fine.

except he gave him that deal for “overachieving” and producing a season eerily similar to the one that he wanted to fire Les for. 

Woody’s deal went too long, but i get it, every coach gets a new deal after a title.