Gameday Tigers

Post A&M game thoughts

Nutriaitch

I'm not posting any negatives this week. 

Max Johnson is a TOUGH sonofabitch.

Damone Clark is a beast and i take back all the shyte i talked about him last year and first couple weeks of this season.

Jaray Jenkins!!!!

Bj Ojulari did BJ Ojulari things

a name that will likely get glossed over, but had a great game on senior night, SONI FONUA.  Thank you for your service sir.

Crowd gave Ed a proper send off with no boos. Just thank the man for what he did and lets move on.

and the crowd.
No, Tiger Stadium never filled up, so this wasn't a top level Death Valley Crowd. however, the 75,000 or show that did show up, SHOWED UP. They got loud early and often. No doubt they played a part. And just when we needed it most, the ghosts showed up.

Let's go bowling folks.

• Like 3

i lied, another one.

Daronte Jones!

these last 4 weeks have been beautiful

first 8 weeks of year we were giving up 408 yards per game (somewhere around mid 90's nationally at the time)

last 4 weeks? 299 per game (which is top 10 like numbers).

this damn defense climbed 35 spots in a month!
and i commented multiple times last night I LOVE HAVING A DEFENSE

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

i lied, another one.

Daronte Jones!

these last 4 weeks have been beautiful

first 8 weeks of year we were giving up 408 yards per game (somewhere around mid 90's nationally at the time)

last 4 weeks? 299 per game (which is top 10 like numbers).

this damn defense climbed 35 spots in a month!
and i commented multiple times last night I LOVE HAVING A DEFENSE

I would not mind seeing Daronte Jones retained as DC for the new staff - at least for the 1st year or two.

It took 1/3 to 1/2 of the season for the [ieces to start falling in place, but the defense has been stellar roughly the last 4-5 games (as you point out). Given the injuries on the defense makes it all the more impressive.

Keeping Jones as DC might be a good "land bridge" between the 2 coaching regimes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Herb said:

I would not mind seeing Daronte Jones retained as DC for the new staff - at least for the 1st year or two.

It took 1/3 to 1/2 of the season for the [ieces to start falling in place, but the defense has been stellar roughly the last 4-5 games (as you point out). Given the injuries on the defense makes it all the more impressive.

Keeping Jones as DC might be a good "land bridge" between the 2 coaching regimes.

Well at least now he has 1 year of experience as a DC.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Herb said:

It completely depends on the hire.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Herb said:

don’t know if i’m sold on him long term yet. 

need to know for sure HE made those changes and not O. 
my gut is that Jones is the one running the current scheme and not necessarily the early season scheme. 

17 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

need to know for sure HE made those changes and not O. 
my gut is that Jones is the one running the current scheme and not necessarily the early season scheme.

O wanted to go 4 man front so bad, you would think that was discussed in hiring Jones .  They had the personnel to run it, but then the injury bug hit the d-line.  Not sure if that caused the change, or if Jones prior experience with 3 man front, or both.

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

O wanted to go 4 man front so bad, you would think that was discussed in hiring Jones .  They had the personnel to run it, but then the injury bug hit the d-line.  Not sure if that caused the change, or if Jones prior experience with 3 man front, or both.

we’ve gone multiple fronts based on situations each of last few games. which IMO is considerably north of Ed’s IQ. 

we had the QUANTITY of linemen, but not necessarily the correct ones to run strictly a 4-3. 

Ojulari for example has really broken out in more OLB type role than as a down lineman. Technically lining in same spot, but not really same position per se. 

• Like 2