Gameday Tigers

LSU Vs Kansas St. Texas Bowl Jan 4th 2022

LSUDad

I would say we lose this game, especially without a QB.  On the other hand, it should be interesting to watch young guys play that we have not seen before.  I'm guessing a run heavy offense.  Most of the o-line is there, and we have some running backs.  when we throw, I think it will be short to medium passes, I'll be surprised to see us air it out which would seem like asking too much of the QB position.

51 minutes ago, houtiger said:

I would say we lose this game, especially without a QB.  On the other hand, it should be interesting to watch young guys play that we have not seen before.  I'm guessing a run heavy offense.  Most of the o-line is there, and we have some running backs.  when we throw, I think it will be short to medium passes, I'll be surprised to see us air it out which would seem like asking too much of the QB position.

We have 1 running back

No TDP, Emery, Bradford, or Goowin

We have Kiner. Josh Williams I guess

58 minutes ago, houtiger said:

we don’t know if we have a QB. 

Baker Mayfield was a walk-on (with ZERO division 1 offers)
the guy starting for UGA in the cg was also a walk-on. 

Nothing to do with this game, but my sr. year in high school, we played the whole season with 15 players, total.  (I was not on the team)  Everyone played both ways, you played the whole game unless injured.  We forfeited one game due to the flu.  We were class B (Sunset High), and in a 5 team district, upset the district leaders (Iota) and ended up tied for the district championship!  Nichols was just starting their football team, and three of our guys got scholarships to Nichols, Gary Fontenot got the most press at Nichols (1970 - '74).  He was in the secondary with Gary Barbaro who played for the KC Chiefs.   Gary Fontenot was a high school coach, he ended his career at Acadiana High just a few years ago.  Just a memory of not having enough players.

Edited by houtiger
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, houtiger said:

Nothing to do with this game, but my sr. year in high school, we played the whole season with 15 players, total.  (I was not on the team)  Everyone played both ways, you played the whole game unless injured.  We forfeited one game due to the flu.  We were class B (Sunset High), and in a 5 team district, upset the district leaders (Iota) and ended up tied for the district championship!  Nichols was just starting their football team, and three of our guys got scholarships to Nichols, Gary Fontenot got the most press at Nichols (1970 - '74).  He was in the secondary with Gary Barbaro who played for the KC Chiefs.   Gary Fontenot was a high school coach, he ended his career at Acadiana High just a few years ago.  Just a memory of not having enough players.

wasn’t it common back in pre WWI days for guys to go both ways?

sorry, couldn’t pass it up. 

• Haha 2

My high school freshman team started out with 13 players and our nickname was The Mean 13. After one player dropped out we became the Dirty Dozen. Everybody played all 3 ways. If you tried to leave the game hurt our coach would coax you into staying on the field. It was a sight to be on the field and look over to our sideline and see only 2 people, one coach and one player. We didn’t win many games but we had fun. 10 of us made it through our senior year. We went through a lot together and there is a special bond we have. Lots of handshakes and hugs and laughter when we run into each other.

No idea what to expect tonight and I’ll be surprised if we win. But as long as there is a team with the LSU purple and gold on, I will be cheering for the Tigers 🐯!!!

• Like 4

Well, that was painful. The silver lining is that we have nowhere to go but up.

If anyone was in doubt about what the team had become under Orgeron, they only had to watch that game.

I hope we get to play to play Kansas State in the near future with a full strength team and wipe their asses all over the field.  I want to see the fans that had those "fam-uh-lee" signs so humiliated that they start questioning their own sexuality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herb said:

Well, that was painful. The silver lining is that we have nowhere to go but up.

If anyone was in doubt about what the team had become under Orgeron, they only had to watch that game.

I hope we get to play to play Kansas State in the near future with a full strength team and wipe their asses all over the field.  I want to see the fans that had those "fam-uh-lee" signs so humiliated that they start questioning their own sexuality.

Kayshon Boutte already posting on Twitter to fast track a regular season game with them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK, let's say something good about the bowl game.  Malik Nabors #8 I thought had a good game.  He's cat quick, had some moves.  Hopefully he can step up next year.  We did not see much of Chris Hilton at WR, but he caught a long TD pass at the end, 80 yards.  I think he was injured all season, but he's a sprinter that could step up next year.