Gameday Tigers

What does CBK think about recruiting for LSU?

houtiger

He hasn't been here long.  He was handed a good start on a class, with a 5* QB and OT.  How would he compare his first 15 signees to the best 15 signees at ND this year?  He missed on 3 top in-state receivers to Gumps this year, not his fault.  But, I wonder what he thinks about being in the south and being able to recruit Louisiana kids for LSU, plus other southern kids to come to LSU.  I guess that was part of the attraction of taking the job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

He hasn't been here long.  He was handed a good start on a class, with a 5* QB and OT.  How would he compare his first 15 signees to the best 15 signees at ND this year?  He missed on 3 top in-state receivers to Gumps this year, not his fault.  But, I wonder what he thinks about being in the south and being able to recruit Louisiana kids for LSU, plus other southern kids to come to LSU.  I guess that was part of the attraction of taking the job.

Recruiting is far from over, 18 slots left, we should finish well.

When Les took over, he signed in the teens, that was all the open slots. We were at the 85 limit. Kelly will fill the remaining slots wisely. 

10 hours ago, LSUDad said:

Recruiting is far from over, 18 slots left, we should finish well.

When Les took over, he signed in the teens, that was all the open slots. We were at the 85 limit. Kelly will fill the remaining slots wisely. 

We ain't signing 32. I just don't think we can get there. 

That said, I believe there will be some solid transfers and hopefully 2 or 3 really good high school recruits. We might hit 27 or so. 

• Like 2

I have no idea where we wind up this year.

CBK is building the apparatus for future years, so I am looking forward to the 2023 cycle. I really think the Frank Wilson / Brian Polian combo is going to be a force.

The other thing to consider is that LSU was probably being very cautious with NIL (much to the frustration of many LSU fans)  to see how the NCAA polices the new NIL world.  I would not be surprised if the NCAA winds up fining some schools that might have abused the rules.

LSU is ramping up its NIL war chest now and wants to stay on the right side of legal and ethical concerns and guidelines.

• Like 1

A little history. In 1986, “No pass, no play” was put in place. That put a damper on Tx football. In 2013 IMG had its first football team in Bradenton, Florida. 
Then 2021, players opt out of their Sr year.

Not to be outdone, a QB in the class of 2022, reclassified as a 2021 recruit. He enrolled at Ohio State. He was just in time to compete and cash in on NIL deals. 

Enter the Transfer Portal. These mass exoduses across campuses nationwide – an average of 19.3 players have entered the portal per FBS team, including walk-ons – has led some coaches to sound the alarm bell. Where will this end. Too add, some of the transfers are starters, not just the backup players. 

How will this end? Or do we see another piece to this puzzle emerge? 

• Like 1