Gameday Tigers

LSU vs Alabama 2018

houtiger

23 minutes ago, La Tigresse said:

I'm Debbie Downer. I don't see us winning this. Keeping it close will be good. 

Slam me all you want. I just am not feeling it. 

On paper, given the number of 5* recruits Inbred Gumps has, there is no way LSU should win this game.  On the other hand, I think we have a chance to win, but its slim.

Maybe some of the 5* turned out to be more like our 4* and we're a little more even than it appears on paper.

LSU has played a harder schedule this year, and maybe we're battle hardened.  But Inbred Gumps has a lot of guys back that won the Nat. Championship, so they are battle hardened from last year.

Coaching, we'll have to see.

Losing White for a half, big detriment.  We'll have to see how far the step down to Patrick Queen is, I am assuming he will man the spot for the first half.  Inbred Gumps will test him, how well he holds up will be key.

To an extent, Inbred Gumps will have to give us a little help, not have their best day.  We have to win the turnover margin, preferably by 2, but at least one.  LSU cannot have an off day, they have to have a great day, everyone executing at a high level.

We didn't think we would beat Ga., but we did.  This is Inbred Gumps's biggest test to date.  They will probably pass the test, but we have a shot.

No one player is the team. Unfortunately, I think there is enough dropoff from White to Queen, that the first half will be a struggle that is just not overcome with the second half. I think we will get behind the 8 ball and stay there.

I am not saying we would win with White, I am saying his talent level for the whole game would have given us the better shot if all other phases of the game are on point. 

43 minutes ago, LSUfan71 said:

I think it was Moscona who said Devin could be on the sideline during the first half.

72446EC8-FD57-476C-8377-AF003D55A892.jpeg

Moscona is wrong

direct from NCAA rule book:

625CEAE5-2EAF-4418-85C4-DD563240936E.thumb.jpeg.7795f1ecb68e9d449166ee95fcda923c.jpeg

must remain “out of view of the field of play”

worded the exact same way as when a player is disqualified in a game  

Archived