Gameday Tigers

SEC Bowl Record

Fishhead

I mentioned early on this season this is a down year for the SEC. At the time the league had 6 or 7 teams in the top 25, 3 or 4 top 10. 

Someone pointed that out to me, but it was like week 3.

Now the SEC is 0-3 in bowl games. 

Gumps and Georgia have a shot at the title. One will likely win it all continuing the illusion. But the SEC as a whole is pretty bad and that was obvious early on with teams like TAMU, AU, UF, and LSU struggling with weak teams. I doubt care if most of them were 3-0 or whatever after week 3. When you need a miracle last minute drive to beat, say, Georgia State... you suck and you get exposed in the Birmingham Bowl lol. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, COTiger said:

Why??

They are all our enemies. I have never understood rooting for other sec teams in bowl games or certainly national championship games. You know who it hurts when they win championships? The teams against whom they recruit. In other words, LSU.  You enjoy watching Louisiana kids win Heisman trophies for Alabama? I don't. 

I don't really care enough about Georgia to care, but I think 1980 is recent enough for them. 

Go cincy and Michigan. They win and it affects LSU in no negative way, possibly helps LSU by hurting Gumps. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

They are all our enemies. I have never understood rooting for other sec teams in bowl games or certainly national championship games. You know who it hurts when they win championships? The teams against whom they recruit. In other words, LSU.  You enjoy watching Louisiana kids win Heisman trophies for Alabama? I don't. 

I don't really care enough about Georgia to care, but I think 1980 is recent enough for them. 

Go cincy and Michigan. They win and it affects LSU in no negative way, possibly helps LSU by hurting Gumps. 

I don't have a problem pulling for SEC teams in bowl games.  If a recruit bases his decision solely on a bowl game result I'm not sure I want him in Baton Rouge.

8 hours ago, COTiger said:

I don't have a problem pulling for SEC teams in bowl games.  If a recruit bases his decision solely on a bowl game result I'm not sure I want him in Baton Rouge.

when that bowl game is a playoff/national championship game, it weighs pretty heavily. 

but typically it’s not just the bowl game. 
a team like Ole Miss winning 10 regular season games for first time ever follows that up with a NY6 bowl win against the champion of another conference looks like a program on the rise and heading places. 
makes it a lot more attractive to potential recruits. 

meanwhile when Florida looks is a complete clusterfuck, fired a head coach, rushed to hire a sunbelt guy, then loses to their “little brother” in a lesser bowl, makes them about as attractive as a giraffe shyte sammich. on stale bread at that.

So screw them!  All of them. 
Hope the SEC goes 1 - whatever in bowls with us being the only win. 

• Like 1

I'm fine with the SEC being a strong conference if that translates to wins against our opponents meaning more in terms of playoff rankings. Unfortunately, the single most important factor in rankings is overall won/loss record and strength of schedule only seems to matter for Satan's team.

38 minutes ago, Herb said:

I'm fine with the SEC being a strong conference if that translates to wins against our opponents meaning more in terms of playoff rankings. Unfortunately, the single most important factor in rankings is overall won/loss record and strength of schedule only seems to matter for Satan's team.

With impending playoff expansion, conference strength is even less relevant going forward. 

*This is neither an endorsement nor argument against playoff expansion

• Like 1

You know who likes to tout the strength of the conference?

The also rans. MSU, KY, OM, MISSOURI, ARKANSAS, Vandy,  SCe, TAMU, teams that know nothing about winning championships. That way they can feel better about their lack of success. 

LSU, UGA, Gumps, FU, AU, TENN ... have all won the conference.  The Big 6. The rest, let em chant

• Like 1