Gameday Tigers

Kayshon Boutte Returning to LSU

Herb

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/Curtain-call-LSU-WR-Kayshon-Boutte-returning-for-2022-season-179304152/

Curtain call: LSU WR Kayshon Boutte returning for 2022 season

ByBILLY EMBODY 

LSU wide receiver Kayshon Boutte is returning for the 2022 season, giving the Tigers a major boost in its receiving corps. The former five-star prospect had been a rumored potential transfer candidate after the coaching change, but is staying in Baton Rouge to play for Brian Kelly, he announced on Wednesday.

”Ignore the rumors … i’m locked in,” he posted on Twitter.

A former Westgate star, Boutte was a Freshman All-American in 2020, capping his true freshman season by setting the SEC record for receiving yards in a game in the season-finale against Ole Miss with 308 yards and 3 touchdowns on 14 receptions. Starting five of 10 games, Boutte led the Tigers in receiving yards with 735 and finished second on the squad in receptions with 45 and touchdowns with five.In 2021 before he suffered a season-ending injury, Boutte notched 38 receptions for 509 yards and nine touchdowns in just six games, which gave him a healthy lead in receiving touchdowns in the SEC for much of the season despite in the injury. Boutte averaged 13.4 yards per reception with Max Johnson at the helm of the offense this year.

Boutte told The Jordy Culotta Show earlier this month that he planned to go through spring practice with the Tigers, getting to work with Kelly's staff.

"I'm just waiting and seeing," Boutte said on Dec. 12 in an interview. "(I'm going to go through spring at) LSU."

A left ankle injury sidelined him for the remainder of the season and Boutte told Culotta that his rehab is progressing.

"I'm just doing rehab every day. It's getting better slowly, but surely," Boutte told Culotta. "I just started walking on it a week or two ago so kind of deep into the rehab process. Just taking everything day by day. I give it about a month and a half."

Over final three games of the 2020 season, Boutte combined to catch 27 passes for 527 yards and four touchdowns, which ranked him No. 5 in the SEC in receiving yards per game (73.5) and No. 8 in receiving yards (735), which was the most among all freshmen in the league.

Boutte left high school ranked as a five-star prospect and the No. 2 wide receiver prospect on the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He was ranked by 247Sports as a five-star and the No. 20 overall prospect in America.

43COMMENTS

Want the latest news on LSU delivered right to your email? Subscribe to the Geaux247 newsletter here. It is free and a great way to get daily updates on LSU football, basketball, baseball, recruiting, and more delivered straight to your inbox. Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.

Did you know Geaux247 has a podcast? That is right folks. The Geaux247 Podcast is available bringing you the best insight into the latest LSU news from Billy Embody, Shea Dixon, and Sonny Shipp. Catch all the latest episoderight here or subscribe on iTunes or Spotify today! Please leave us a rating and a comment.

• Like 2

He literally never indicated he was doing anything else.  I have yet to understand why this would be something to talk about. So made sure to never talk about it on a message board or the podcast. 

Now I guess I can to make fun of the title of that article. He's a sophomore. Curtain call?? He couldn't go pro and never did anything to imply he was transferring. 

LSU doesn't lose kids from his part of the state. Period. 

• Like 1